The Countdown Has Begun...

That's brilliant! You're definitely in the zone! It took me all day to finally get round to doing my squats but I've finally done them!! I usually do them in the morning so it's out the way. Would've been so easy to let today slip by as it was getting later! But I did 150 in one fail swoop - with weights - and am pleased it's ticked off!
Phew!

Xx

That's brilliant! You're definitely in the zone! It took me all day to finally get round to doing my squats but I've finally done them!! I usually do them in the morning so it's out the way. Would've been so easy to let today slip by as it was getting later! But I did 150 in one fail swoop - with weights - and am pleased it's ticked off!
Phew!

Xx

i know the feeling when you get those days..I've realised I'm best off getting it done in the morning or I'm on a slippery road to laziness....I've been doing my squats with hand weights too....we clearly like a challenge us two lol.

Been a busy day...gym and all those challenges, chores then off to OHs Nan's for her birthday...all my future inlaws were there and I a right old chinwag with his grandad about Singapore and when he was there in 1957 in the army.....he did keep offering me beer but I was strong... His nan came round with snacks and I swerved them too....then we treated ourselves to a trip round Sainsburys.....ooh the excitement of our Saturday night....all topped off watching Benidorm episodes with water....life in the fast lane eh?!

Roll on tomorrow morning so I can go back to the gym and forge ahead with day 3 of fitness lunacy lol xx

I think the weights help with the squats as I didn't really know what to do with my arms before! Lol.

Well done for swerving the beer!
Hubby said we should have a bottle of wine last night, but I said no! Then this morning we saw his nan and she offered me a Jaffa cake bar THREE times! No no no!!
I'm going out this next Saturday anyway as my planned night off so only 6 days of strictness to battle through! Come on!!

Xx

Just caught up on your diary. You're doing great! I love your positivity! ;)

M x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

thanks Slim and Happy!

its not been easy sailing, but I'm still in the game x

I think the weights help with the squats as I didn't really know what to do with my arms before! Lol.

Well done for swerving the beer!
Hubby said we should have a bottle of wine last night, but I said no! Then this morning we saw his nan and she offered me a Jaffa cake bar THREE times! No no no!!
I'm going out this next Saturday anyway as my planned night off so only 6 days of strictness to battle through! Come on!!

Xx

haha I was a bit like that with my hands and squats...good thing is though that they actually help your arms though.

grandparents everywhere just wanna feed us all...bless them :)

kudos on saying no to the wine....you're so strong! Xx

Day 10 of 60

Woke up in agony thanks to the gym and these flaming challenges! My inner thighs and bum were broken! Needless to say I couldn't face the gym so took my first day off and think Sundays will continue to be my new weekly day away from there....also failed on doing any challenge bits as my lower body just couldn't face it...boo! Ended up being busy though catching up with some friends at their 1yr old daughter's birthday party...food everywhere and of course the constant nagging to indulge went on.

Day 11 of 60

Soooooo tired and still sore today.....but I have dragged myself to the gym this morning and did 10mins on the hand bike and 10mins cycling.....couldn't face the cross trainer with my John Wayne thighs......will try and tackle my squats and abs now though and throughout the day as I have quite a few to do as I need to catch up from yesterday too...I really hope this lunacy pays off coz the pain is rather off putting at the moment lol.

might treat myself to a soak in an Epsom bath later...meant to be good for aches....might do the squats in the bath maybe? Hahaha!

happy Monday ladies xx

I think you can see why all the challenges have rest days! Sounds like agony. The Epsom salts do help. I used to do them when I did Military Fitness (a bit like what you're doing now but with shouty soldiers). I saw one bath recipe that had Epsom salts and lavender and suggested wrapping yourself up in hot towels and getting into bed. I could do that right now.

Well done on swerving all the food. I think buffets are the most evil and barbecues - the food just keeps on coming. At least with a dinner it's done and dusted.

Hope you have a good day. :)

I think you can see why all the challenges have rest days! Sounds like agony. The Epsom salts do help. I used to do them when I did Military Fitness (a bit like what you're doing now but with shouty soldiers). I saw one bath recipe that had Epsom salts and lavender and suggested wrapping yourself up in hot towels and getting into bed. I could do that right now.

Well done on swerving all the food. I think buffets are the most evil and barbecues - the food just keeps on coming. At least with a dinner it's done and dusted.

Hope you have a good day. :)

I doubt I'm doing anything like military fitness madam.....I'd be hopeless! But I am super impressed with you and your hidden past of doing it...you're a dark horse Clinquant ;)

i really wise I'd had a) lavender and b) the strength to knock hot towels last night....I was truly broken haha xx

buffets are my nemesis....I mean why? It's dangerous territory! Xx

Day 12 of 60 in my bridal bootcamp...

Well slept like a baby after my Epsom bath last night....so relaxing and so what the doctor ordered!

Woke up this morning in a funny mood but still took myself to the gym nonetheless and took it much easier today by lowering the resistence on all the machines to 1 as I didn't wanna break myself again! So today's workout:

10 mins bike ride
15min cross trainer on stepper mode
10 mins hand bike (tone this bat wings of mine)

Still got my challenge stuff to do but I am absolutely starved today.....been eyeing up OHs bananas all day long! What's with the major hunger today eH? Could easily scoff a couple of scabby horses with a few bits of bread around them. Had my night time shake at 6pm to star off hunger till dinner so I may be gnawing my pillows tonight still hungry :confused:

the scales haven't moved either since Friday which is annoying but I will soldier on....roll on Friday!

Xx

MrsFTB you're doing great on these challenges,just keep going and don't pay any attention to the scales until you have to ( says the scales addict here!!).

I went running last night.I started with a brisk walk and thought I'll just try running again to see if I can.I hadn't run in years-when I say run I mean slow jogging by the way!!!I ran for 23 minutes and felt brilliant afterwards-if it was just for the feel good factor alone,never mind the benefits of weight loss/toning I'll be doing it again tomorrow night.

So keep up your challenges and think how you'll feel walking down the aisle:)

No pain,no gain!!!!!

By the way what's all this about Epsom Salts?What exactly do they do?

Epsom salts are minerals which are good for all sorts of things like aches and pains in when used in the bath, my OH uses it when he has an exzema flair up and of course you could always make a drink up of it with water to ease consitpation! Haha!

have a read of this: Epsom Salt Uses & Benefits | SaltWorks

xx

MrsFTB you're doing great on these challenges,just keep going and don't pay any attention to the scales until you have to ( says the scales addict here!!).

I went running last night.I started with a brisk walk and thought I'll just try running again to see if I can.I hadn't run in years-when I say run I mean slow jogging by the way!!!I ran for 23 minutes and felt brilliant afterwards-if it was just for the feel good factor alone,never mind the benefits of weight loss/toning I'll be doing it again tomorrow night.

So keep up your challenges and think how you'll feel walking down the aisle:)

No pain,no gain!!!!!

Hello again fellow scales addict! It's a bit annoying especially on days when I'm starving and nothing is moving....the daily weighing is really not helpful to my mental health probably haha!

I know what you mean about the running...I remember when I ran for the first in about 15 years....terrified me haha! But the buzz from just getting out and doing something active is lovely xx

Compose myself ;) lol.

Don't worry about the scales - they're mean!!
Drink lots of water and keep going with these challenges sweetie as you'll be getting smaller in inches! As Clinquant the wise owl said - it's the inches that people actually see!

Xx

How's the water intake MrsFTB?Start the glugging (but not too much either) and the weight will definitely shift.

You might also be a bit "ahem" blocked??

Just don't panic and it'll move.As far as scales addicts go there's a certain few people on here,not mentioning any names who have 2 scales.:):):).Believe me I would weigh myself on 2 if I had 2 here and then do a series of calculations to divide/multiply and convince myself I'm lighter than I am :).

:)
Can't be me, my second set got returned to its real mumma. It didn't even look back. I've written but they haven't replied to my letters either :(
Seems our time together meant more to me then to them... :(

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

You mucky lady! Took me a minute or two you realise....gosh, didn't even think how that could come across when i typed it Ahahaha!

now I'm rolling about laughing...I am an idiot lol xx

Back