The Countdown Has Begun...

Third of your way there!! Day 20! Yay!!

I love to hoard! I have draws of stuff that I never open! Ever! But I daren't throw the stuff away just incase!

Now I realise it's silly - but I'm even more determined to not chuck stuff out now because in the summer I had a big clear out. Fancy dress stuff and 60's earrings, a gothic beaded moulin rouge style choker, bangles and all sorts of nick nacks that were never ever likely to be used...
And now I have this masquerade ball - that necklace would have been perfect for my outfit! I was so annoyed at myself! So now I'm keeping everything! Because you just never know. Ever! ;)

thanks Sammy...although its day 21 today and 9 days till the half way post yay!!!

Thank goodness i am not the only hoarder....i love finding that i have duplicates of things!

I have no clue what jewellery i own so i am impressed by your memory...xx

Day 21 of 60 - Bridal Bootcamp Phase 1 (9 days tilll the half way point & 7mths till the big day!)

So today i woke up feeling snuggly yet again and not wanting to cme out from under the duvet....been sluggish and freezing all day long! Eventually popped out to buy a new hairdryer as i can't find the one i know i have as it is deeply buried somewhere in the hoarders paradise...need a clear out soon!

Did my resistence toning workout and had a good pilates stretch especially around my back which was much needed as my boobs are twice their normal size due to TOTM being on its way soon...boo!!

Keep looking at my dream wedding dress and smiling with excitement....must trim these thighs and bum if i wanna sashay around looking fabulous...only 7 months to the day till i become an honourable wife....yay!

Stir fry for dinner tonight...though must glug more water as i hav been rubbish at it today!

In other news, a random can opener was delivered to me today....have no recollection of ever ordering it! How exciting i hear you cry!

xxx

Ha ha now you know you have a problem if you don't even remember ordering stuff!! That's hilarious!
Wow, what you gonna open first? ;) Xx

haha! Loveely boring gifts to myself consisting of a can opener and a hair dryer today...i sure know how to live! I wouldn't mind but we already hve 3 can openers lol.

So this evening has been eventful....my ex-bridesmaid has officially lost the plot and has been on a crazy mission to have an argument with me via text which seems to stem from her not wanting to be bridesmaid because she didn't like the colour of the bridesmaids dresses that we have paid for. She has even said she can't afford to pay for all of them to fly out for which we have promised to help financially. She insists on doing this all by email/text but then has the cheek to say that i haven't phoned her. WTF??? I have given her more time than anyone to simply give us an answer on if they are coming or not, but she has swerved the question for months until the last couple of weeks where its turned into this weird passive aggressive emails/texts.

I have held it together and refuse to get into an argument with her over something pointless....but she is pushing my buttons tonight...mainly because she is now making things up saying that my OH was quite derogatory to her when she had ideas for our wedding and can't understand why we think we can plan a wedding on our own....firstly...my OH hasn't spoken to her as he has no means of contacting her...so i am intrigued to know how this even occurred. secondly why is she so keen to be involved in the planning of our wedding?? Considering she has been making evey excuse not to come after firstly standing down as bridesmaid because of the dress and saying she would prefer to be guest....why does she want to be so involved??? Why does she want an argument? I am truly befuddled by the situation....especially as her kids were going to be in the bridal party but SHE has pulled them out of it based on this weird scenario she is creating and now beleives its ending out frendship....BAFFLED!!!

She could have a fight on her own in a locked room i reckon!

I will not go to sleep stessing over this...its lunacy trying to reason with a crazy person i know...but this just bizarre!

I WANT WINE NOW!!!!

xx

Sounds like a severe case of the green eyed monster to me.

Why would someone have suggestions for your wedding. It's your big day and you should have it exactly as you and your husband to be want. Also complaining about the colour of the dress! What kind of a friend is she. A true friend would support your decisions and say her dress is gorgeous even if it's peach, puffed shiny satin. You don't want her negativity on your big day.

Don't succumb to the wine. Your doing fab and just think shel be even more jealous when your looking beyond gorgeous on your big day.

Don't let the bridesmaid send you head first into the wine fridge. When faces with this sort of nonsense - and working in HR I see it a lot - I try and ask what the seemingly irrational person is afraid of and what's in it for them.

And sometimes friendships ebb and flow and are worth preserving at a distance for a while and sometimes things become so toxic you just have to admit defeat. I wish I'd known that a long time ago but indulged in a lot of people pleasing and flogging dead horses. You'll know what category this friendship comes into

Don't give in!! Wine will not help solve this problem, it'll only add to it.

Well done on staying calm and collected through all the texting back n forth. Texts are horrible things as there's no 'emotion' behind them, it's just words and is hard to understand what the person is trying to get across. She should speak to you on the phone or in person about her concerns. She's not being a very supportive friend either way. If she can't make it over there then sadly she'll have to miss out. It sounds almost like she doesn't want to/or can't travel for whatever reasons and therefore is sulking about the fact that you're not willing to change your wedding plans and have it in England so she can come!
She's obviously an important friend to you to have been asked to be a bridesmaid so I hope you can both work through this.
Big hugs!!

Xx

Thanks ladies!!! Really appreciate the support! I really am done with trying to understand why she has a weird need to create an issue with her but i have neither the energy nor inclination to get into a full scale barney with her as it all seems fruitless to me and i already know how highly strung she can be....baffled as to how its all come about...but i am not mystic meg nor am i a magician....i can only control what i can....i have only engaged i killing her with kindness as all i want is positivity in my life right now....:)

You will all be pleased to know that despite staring at the wine fridge all night like a woman possessed....I opted for a banana shake which i accidentally blended into some custard form...shame there wasn't a piece of cake to go with it lol.

Today is a new day....and its the weekend too yay!

xx

Ps love love loving the pic. What a great motivator x

thats what i am aiming for....how can i be so into this dress???? its insane lol xx

Also hate people who say in text/email what they don't have the bottle to say face to face x

Agree....every time she brings it up its behind a text or an email...had to laugh when she said you could have called me....haha xx

Don't give in!! Wine will not help solve this problem, it'll only add to it.

Well done on staying calm and collected through all the texting back n forth. Texts are horrible things as there's no 'emotion' behind them, it's just words and is hard to understand what the person is trying to get across. She should speak to you on the phone or in person about her concerns. She's not being a very supportive friend either way. If she can't make it over there then sadly she'll have to miss out. It sounds almost like she doesn't want to/or can't travel for whatever reasons and therefore is sulking about the fact that you're not willing to change your wedding plans and have it in England so she can come!
She's obviously an important friend to you to have been asked to be a bridesmaid so I hope you can both work through this.
Big hugs!!

Xx

thanks Sammy...she is a good friend...but can be hard work sometimes....17yrs of friendship with some oddball moments along the way....i tried calling her but she won't answer....i have left it in her court by saying that she is still welcome to be involved and the financial help is on the table...however i refuse to do this over text/email and its really not worth an argument or friendship loss and to call me when she is ready...not much more i can do!

The wine would have been more calories than my daily allowance on this diet so that alone made me think twice haha xx

Don't let the bridesmaid send you head first into the wine fridge. When faces with this sort of nonsense - and working in HR I see it a lot - I try and ask what the seemingly irrational person is afraid of and what's in it for them.

And sometimes friendships ebb and flow and are worth preserving at a distance for a while and sometimes things become so toxic you just have to admit defeat. I wish I'd known that a long time ago but indulged in a lot of people pleasing and flogging dead horses. You'll know what category this friendship comes into

You're right Mama Clinquant...wise words....I am too old for indulging folk in madness for no apparent reason....the wine also survived....as did i haha xx

Sounds like a severe case of the green eyed monster to me.

Why would someone have suggestions for your wedding. It's your big day and you should have it exactly as you and your husband to be want. Also complaining about the colour of the dress! What kind of a friend is she. A true friend would support your decisions and say her dress is gorgeous even if it's peach, puffed shiny satin. You don't want her negativity on your big day.

Don't succumb to the wine. Your doing fab and just think shel be even more jealous when your looking beyond gorgeous on your big day.

Thanks chicken :D

All very bizarre....but you're right...that dress needs me in it looking slender and gorgeous xx

Day 22 of 60 - Bridal Bootcamp Phase 1 (8 more sleeps till the halfway point yay!)

So today has been interesting....woke up sooo tired after stressing a bit from last nights shenanigans with the non bridesmaid, but have been determined not to let it take over and derail me....positive thoughts all the way...gonna leave it for now as space is sometimes a good thing when things boil over :)

busy morning with work what with non stop conference calls and churning out exciting PowerPoint slides full of boring data. Been absolutely freezing again today and can't seem to warm up! Got all dressed to do my workout then I got these weird shooting pains in my left wrist and had to even drop my phone at the time as the pain was so brutal! Luckily I still have a stash of super strength painkillers which I had prescribed when I did my ankle in and was on crutches last March...so popped one of them and wrapped my hand nice and warm....still a bit sore....but now my wrist isn't going all over the place its much better...still can't even hold my phone properly lol. Dug out my glucosamine tablets too so I don't get too giddy on my prescription pills lol.

needless to say no exercise so far today...but if it eases up later I will kick butt!

Had a chilli pack earlier with some jalapeños, mushrooms and 1/2 a chopped up sausage in & a tiny bit of oxo cube in...lush!!!! My new fave pack....still baffled about how to recreate my banana custard thing I accidentally made last night.

looking forward to snuggly weekend with OH doing wedding stuff....would be lovely to have a glass of red wine right now to warm me up...maybe i will have a ribena instead haha xx

Forgot to mention...weighed in this morning and am 3lbs down....10lbs off with 9lbs to go till I get into fresh fat zone again...bring it on xx

Thanks Marie! It's taking a while...but I will get there....the remaining 9lbs will also get me out of the 15s (AGAIN) but this time I plan not to return...fresh fat all the way once I'm there :D xx

Back