The Countdown Has Begun...

Day 27 of 60 - Bridal Bootcamp Phase 1 (3 more sleeps till i am halfway through my 60 day challenge....eeek!)

so today started work super early (7am) as i had to prep for an 8am conference call and the continued conference calls throughout the morning...thankfully the last one didn't require my input or undivided attention so i did my squats and lunges and side leg raises whilst i was n it.....thank goodness for the mute button as i am sure the sound of me panting whilst counting would not have been pleasing to some.

Got an appointment at 2pm so am gonna have to brave the outside world in the wind and rain for an hour (boo!) However my new regime of now allowing myself a pack until i have done all my exercises seems to be working in terms of getting them done earlier in the day than getting the guilts all day long and begrudging doing them in the evenings.

Spent last night perusing some dresses as a result of watching "I got the gown" on TLC....ridiculous how much they slash the prices of wedding dresses that are still in stock in bridal shops....I am so tempted to pop into one of these kind of shops when i head over to Seattle/Vegas this summer for my American Hen Do....yes thats right....i am having 2 hen do's....Barcelona and Seattle/Vegas/Portland hahaha!

I am also super excited to confirm that finally...we have secured our dream wedding ceremony venue....took some tussle....but we are there.....its the place we first fell in love with on our first holiday to Koh Samui together....not that we even thought we'd ever marry each other at that time...but here we are actually doing it! :D

feel free to have a nosey: Banyan Tree Samui | Luxury 5 Star Resort, Spa, Villas

Now to find some lightweight not s man from del monte suits for OH and his dad.....hmmm this may be harder than i thoguht haha.

Happy Hump day ladies (Wednesday that is) :)

Haha! sorry for the constant sidebar reminder..... I really hope i don't become one of those annoying brides and just constantly chirp on about it.....will drive myself mad...never mind anyone else ;)

Its pretty damn gorgeous....we went there on our first trip and just couldn't get it out of our heads no matter what.....its truly amazing!! I can't wait to get myself into the spa again and be looked after pre and post wedding!

xx

I love wedding talk!! Feel free to natter away!! I'm thinking of changing my job to become a wedding planner!! Xx

Wow Mrs FTB We went to Koh Samui on our honeymoon and loved it-what a beautiful place to get married.

And as for your hen-night/trip....can I come too:););)?Have you been to any of these places before?I have lived in both Seattle and Portland so can recommend great places to eat/drink as well as places to visit-just let me know if you need any information.They are truly beautiful cities-Seattle being my favourite..Never made in to Vegas....yet;).

Great idea for holding back on your packs until exercise done.Im headwind out for my walk/run once hubby gets home-actually looking forward to it tonight seeing as I missed Pilates last night.

You're doing amazingly well since Christmas!!!!

I love wedding talk!! Feel free to natter away!! I'm thinking of changing my job to become a wedding planner!! Xx

You know what? i reckon you would be fab at it....:D

One of my good friends jacked in her job and did exactly that! xx

Wow Mrs FTB We went to Koh Samui on our honeymoon and loved it-what a beautiful place to get married.

And as for your hen-night/trip....can I come too:););)?Have you been to any of these places before?I have lived in both Seattle and Portland so can recommend great places to eat/drink as well as places to visit-just let me know if you need any information.They are truly beautiful cities-Seattle being my favourite..Never made in to Vegas....yet;).

Great idea for holding back on your packs until exercise done.Im headwind out for my walk/run once hubby gets home-actually looking forward to it tonight seeing as I missed Pilates last night.

You're doing amazingly well since Christmas!!!!

Thanks Lainey! I've been 4 times now and still can't get enough.....every time we go to book a holiday its always the first choice...but then we talk ourselves out of it out of fear of maybe over doing it and ruining it for ourselves....weird huh?

Can't wait to share this beautiful place with our friends and family who incidentally have never been to South East Asia.....so excited!!

Of course you can come to as many of my hen do's as you like....hehe! i have been to Seattle before as i have friends there...so the plan is that i fly over to Seattle (epic journey) catch up with those that can't make it to Vegas for part 1...then we are gonna head over to Portland for part 2 (never been) then back to Seattle to head to Vegas (never been) where i will meet the rest of my American friends flying in from around the country for part 3!!! Methinks i will be needing a break when i get back as i am fairly certain i will be broken.....LOVE Seattle....so cool and fun...where abouts did you live? My friends live mainly around Capitol Hill.

I have found that if i try and trick myself i might actually move my lardy bum to exercise....I often am still doing last minute squats before a spoonful touches my lips lol.

I really hope i can stick at this till end of May at a minimum....or better still till the end of June then work on maintaining until the big day....SCARY!!!!

Hope you had a good walk in this shabby weather :) xx

No it's not weird that you're trying to talk yourself out of Koh Samui-I suppose the fear is that it won't live up to your expectations from previous visits and that your friends and family will somehow judge your choice of destination but of course no one will be disappointed-it's just magical.

I lived by Greenlake in Seattle and in Portland I lived by the train station( can't remember the name of the area)I found Portland a bit odd at first ( I could never figure out where I was-the river divides east/west and Burnside Street divides north/south-stupidly I always thought the river divided north/south!!).People are great in Portland and the bars are fab ( if you find Matadors try it-they're also in Seattle and my friend is part owner). But the people of Seattle are in a class of their own-so cool,so laid back...

Capitol Hill is THE coolest neighbourhood,isn't it?Im sure it hasn't changed that much since I was there-just new bars and coffee houses but ultra cool.Its party city at the minute there due to the Seahawks winning the Super Bowl-I would give anything to be there right now:( but it'll have to wait till next year,I'm afraid.

Have you been to the San Juan Islands?Maybe not a hen night destination but they are just wonderful-my favourite place to visit ever...

We were supposed to go to Oz for Xmas but hubby started a new job and couldn't take time off so we're hoping to take the trip later this year-the bikini body will have plenty of prepping time?

Epic reply...got carried away with your hen plans-apologies!

No it's not weird that you're trying to talk yourself out of Koh Samui-I suppose the fear is that it won't live up to your expectations from previous visits and that your friends and family will somehow judge your choice of destination but of course no one will be disappointed-it's just magical.

I lived by Greenlake in Seattle and in Portland I lived by the train station( can't remember the name of the area)I found Portland a bit odd at first ( I could never figure out where I was-the river divides east/west and Burnside Street divides north/south-stupidly I always thought the river divided north/south!!).People are great in Portland and the bars are fab ( if you find Matadors try it-they're also in Seattle and my friend is part owner). But the people of Seattle are in a class of their own-so cool,so laid back...

Capitol Hill is THE coolest neighbourhood,isn't it?Im sure it hasn't changed that much since I was there-just new bars and coffee houses but ultra cool.Its party city at the minute there due to the Seahawks winning the Super Bowl-I would give anything to be there right now:( but it'll have to wait till next year,I'm afraid.

Have you been to the San Juan Islands?Maybe not a hen night destination but they are just wonderful-my favourite place to visit ever...

We were supposed to go to Oz for Xmas but hubby started a new job and couldn't take time off so we're hoping to take the trip later this year-the bikini body will have plenty of prepping time?

Epic reply...got carried away with your hen plans-apologies!

You're absolutely right..it is just magical :)

Will deffo give you a shout before i head to Portland....sounds like a great place....you're right...all my Seattle chums have been un-contactable these past few days.....all i see is the craziest pictures on FB and references to partying heavily!! Lucky beggers!
Capitol Hill is pretty cool..its great that they all live there....one of the guys lives on the other side of the lake (can't remember names of place - rubbish with geography) and a couple of the guys have just bought a farm just outside of town....so will be a busy trip methinks...and thats even before Vegas!!

I reckon we can both have our bikini bods this year....you in Oz and me in Koh Samui.....whereabouts in Oz are you planning on going?

xx

Day 28 of 60 - Bridal Bootcamp - Phase 1 (Can't believe i am nearly half way through this phase)

Well today is acutally our anniversary!!! woke to a card from OH and then a woman knocked on the door with my favourite pink lillies at around 11am....wasn't expecting that!!! Super smiley me :D

Did my workout and challenge stuff....my bum and arms were killing me! As were the abs stuff.....but the thought of making myself leaner and less flabby for my hubby to be spurred me on through the pain.

Weigh in tomorrow....so i won't be feasting on any lush anniversary treats tonight.....just fizzy water maybe in a champagne glass????

I even managed to go to the hotel chocolate shop and buy OH his fave choccies and didn't feel the urge to dive in to all the chocolate in the shop...phew! I even turned down the over of sample tasters in there...WTH has happened to me????

xx

Your husband to be is learning eh - a non food treat with the flowers. Well done Sam :)

I don't think we have a hotel chocolat in Glasgow. I want one x

Your husband to be is learning eh - a non food treat with the flowers. Well done Sam :)

I don't think we have a hotel chocolat in Glasgow. I want one x

Thanks hun....he is FINALLY getting that food and wine will not get me into my wedding dress....he is a good'un :)

There is one in Glasgow BTW....here is where you will find it....BUT you are NOT to go there...unless it is only to sniff not scoff:
[h=2]Hotel Chocolat[/h]Unit G0-232
St Enoch Centre
55 St Enoch Square
Glasgow
G1 4BW

Day 29 of 60 - Bridal Bootcamp - Phase 1 (almost completed 30 days...wow!)

So today is weigh in day....and i have lost a further 3lbs of that pesky Xmas/Holiday weight and now have 6lbs of the ******* to go till i can happily start shedding some fresh fat!!! so thats 13lbs off in 4 weeks.....not quite the stone off...but its less than i weighed 4 weeks ago and i plan to not have it back!

I am totally focussed on the next 2 mini goals which are;

Lose the remaining 6lbs
Get out of the 15's (again)
finish my 60 day challenge

Not had a chance to exercise yet today as i have been glued to the work laptop and blackberry on conference calls since 8am! however i am all dressed in my workout attire ready for when the opportunity arises for me to start limbering up! Although my tummy zone is achey thanks to the gazillion situps and crunches and roll ups yesterday!

Had a lovely anniversary evening with OH, treated myself to fizzy water and roast beef with roasted veg...i was stuffed but that didn't stop me staring at the bannoffee chocolate i got him to enjoy hahaha!

Will check back in later.....Happy friday all xx

Well done on the 3lbs. Brilliant result. The 14s are within your grasp now :)

I am so going to hotel chocolat. Just for a sniff you understand x

Well done on the 3lbs. Brilliant result. The 14s are within your grasp now :)

I am so going to hotel chocolat. Just for a sniff you understand x

Cheers my dear!!! I am so desperate to get out of the 15s (AGAIN) as you know i seem to love going over old ground and it does my head in....it needs to stop!!

I can actually see you sniffing your way to the shop...then going in and sniffing all the shelves like a crazed woman...haha! xx

Can see the roof of the st Enoch centre from work so not good :0.

Tell me about it. I've been gaining/loosing the same stone since sept :( x

Can see the roof of the st Enoch centre from work so not good :0.

Tell me about it. I've been gaining/loosing the same stone since sept :( x

Hahaha you do not need to go in there....its a bad place.....i am sooo glad i don't have to go in there anymore!

I am sure you and i go over the same weight far too many times....i need to get a grip on this....there is life on the other side of these flaming same stones....we need to see it! lol xx

Well done on the 3lbs...fresh fat is just around the corner.:)

What's this Chocolate Hotel thing all about?No wait do I really need to hear what I'm missing???I'd take a safe bet that your average lady with a healthy attitude to food doesn't frequent this place,does she?Im convinced these shops are created to test my willpower ( but to be honest I feel the same way about make-up counters-they're just there to test my resolve and I have such an addiction to make-up!!).

Did anyone see the Horizon special last night about Exercise?I feel asleep but apparently you can get all the exercise you need for a week in just 3 minutes?Really?Why would anyone run a marathon then?

Weekend is almost here ladies,think wedding dresses,smaller sizes and feeling better :)

Back