The 'determined to not cringe away from the camera at Christmas' diary...

You look absolutely fantastic! :D You should be so pleased loosing such a massive amount of weight.

For your stomach, do you do any toning exercises? Just a few reps of sit-ups, or the plank every other day can make a big difference, and also a lot of the kettlebell moves work the core so they're great for toning the stomach. They cost about £15-£20 from places like Tesco and there's loads of videos on Youtube that show you how to use them x

You look absolutely fantastic! :D You should be so pleased loosing such a massive amount of weight.

For your stomach, do you do any toning exercises? Just a few reps of sit-ups, or the plank every other day can make a big difference, and also a lot of the kettlebell moves work the core so they're great for toning the stomach. They cost about £15-£20 from places like Tesco and there's loads of videos on Youtube that show you how to use them x

Thank you. I am pleased its just frustrating that my tummy is shifting at such a slower rate.

I use the ball when I go to the gym and do some crunches (2 times a week about 70 each time). I also do aqua aerobics and yoga but im not sure how well they tone.

I can't do sit ups because I broke my coxyx last year and it still doesn't like any weight on it. Will Google plank now and kettlebells. Are they very big? I haven't got a ball for home because no where to store it lol.

Currently 6lbs from my target and having issues.

I still feel 'big'. I know this is partly because my bmi is still overweight and because of holding weight on my stomach...also I am only just fitting in a 14 and my goal was a 12.

I want to drop my target by another half a stone but the other half thinks my shoulders and collarbones are starting to look too boney and he wants me to maintain at 11.7 and work on toning. He's worried that because I have dropped my target once already I will just keep dropping it and will never be happy if I dontt give myself chance to get used to my new weight /size...

So I have agreed to keep it at 11.7 (where I will have a healthy bmi) maintain for a couple of months and if im still not happy then drop it.

However Im worried I have backed down to easy. I do have a larger frame so my hips and shoulders are starting to look prominent but surely any further weight loss won't come from there but from my tummy where I am holding the fat?...or am I mistaken? I honestly thought at 12 stone I would be happy as at 18 I was 12 stone and a size 12 yet in my mid 20's at 12 stone I am a tight 14 and I am pretty positive that I still won't fit in a 12 over the next 6lbs.

Or is he right should i think less about the scales and concentrate on toning and exersize...

Sorry if it seems like im rambling its been the source of a few arguments recently...and id love to get other slimmers opinions.

x

Are they very big? I haven't got a ball for home because no where to store it lol.

Kettlebells aren't too big, perhaps double a tennis ball? They come in a few different weights and the one I have is 5kg, though to be honest this is probably too heavy as I really do struggle with this but Tesco was out of stock of the lighter ones!

As for your weight, looking at your stats your target weight is only just into the healthy range of BMI, so if you really feel like it won't be enough then there's definitely no harm in aiming for lower. When I chose my target weight I initially went for pretty much in the middle of a healthy BMI for my height, but I also had another goal to fit back into size 10 clothing so I did lower my goal slightly when I came closer to it to achieve the clothing goal. I think because you read so much about anorexia and eating disorders in the media, whenever you mention to anybody that you're trying to loose weight the first thing that they think of is that you're going to become anorexic.

Remember, when you set your goal, you didn't know at the time what you'd look or feel like, so that's really only an initial goal. You reach your initial goal, consider how you feel, and re-adjust if necessary. If you feel that you need to lower your goal then do it. As long as you're happy, and most importantly doing it in a healthy manner, then everyone around you should appreciate that you're only doing it to better yourself. x

Back