The devil on my shoulder

mollydog

Silver Member
I have done really well this week but yesterday when i came in from work my frame of mind went all over the place.
I made myself have a few nibbles and vodka and diet coke. Even when i poured the first one and opened a packet of cheese and onion i was telling myself i dont want it but the devil on my shoulder said "go on!"
It was a much bigger part of my that didnt want anything and i'm just not getting why i forced myself to do it. I feel a bit groggy this morning and i didn't sleep too well.
I'm not angry but i am so disappointed with myself especially as i was doing so well and i cant believe i forced myself to do it.
Oh well, its done and i'll need to drink loads and loads of water if i want to undo the damage. Think i had probably lost 4 pounds this week so far.
I will endeavour to be much stronger and listen to my good side next time.
Have a good day.
Mx

don't beat yourself up about it, it will just make you feel bad.
instead look at what you have achieved so far, and then look forward to your goal, and revel in how good you will feel when you reach it. x

next time it happens, ask yourself 'Is my desire to eat/drink greater than that of my desire to be 140lbs?' and go with the honest answer you give yourself, you cant go wrong xx

good luck!
;)

Still feeling a plonker for listening to that wee devil but i have avoided all foods except a slice of ham. Did bacon and sausage rolls for breakfast and refrained but the smell of butchers beef is unreal when you're hungry!
Kids and OH have gone out in different directions so i've got the house to myself and i'm going to busy myself doing jobs i've not had the time to do for so long.
Hope everyone is having a good day.

Big hugs Molly... sometimes things like this can shake us up and get us focused again. Dust yourself down and keep on going... one step at a time.
xxx

Back