The diary of a dreamer.

Ashleigh,

All the best with your weight loss.. I hope you get to where you want to be and you seem determined enough to get there. I think weighing yourself regularly and setting yourself mini goals will help you to keep on track and stay motivated.

Your first post, resonated with me as I too left Uni weighing about the same as you and always just ate worse as I was resigned to my size. I also look back at picture when I was younger and thought I was massive, when really I was fairly normal and just had curves. However, unlike me you are taking really positive steps at a much younger age to change your eating habits and achieve the size and body you want. Which is fantastic and if you are really determined you will get there!!

I failed to address my weight and continued to gain more and more weight, and eventually at 26st, I finally had to face up to the weight being the controlling factor in all my life decisons. So now aged 33, I have finally started to sort myself out, and I know I will get to where i want and need to be, but it has meant completely changing my attitude to food. My regrets are now that I didnt do something about it much earlier.

You look like a really beautiful girl, with a talent, and it would be a terrible shame if your weight held you back. I look forward to following your journey and wish you all the best.

xx

You must be so proud of all you have achieved!
You have done amazingly. I hope I can do as well as you.

Its so nice that we can both relate to each others stories... you are still SO young, don't forget that!

Thank you for all your lovely comments, they've instantly gave extra spirit, boost and confidence. I wish you all the luck and inspiration in the world (not that you need it at all).

What a lovely person you are!

Can I ask you a question? I see that you are calorie counting... how many are you consuming per day? I'm a bit stuck to whether i'm eating too much or not enough.

xoxo

Hello !!! glad you are back, well I'm limping along calorie wise....I've had a reaction to some injections I had for my Medical Examination...so I have been achy and flu-like for a couple of days, plus had to have a Chest Xray done... ( Well at least I hope I looked bloody thin on that !!!) All my energy has been sucked out of me, and Mr Diva fed me chocolate truffles and Ice Cream, and I had the will power of a dead fly !!! BOO !!!!! Had my hair chopped off, well about four inches and now it's a chunky choppy longish layered bob....hoping to be feeling less yukky and make it to the party on Saturday !!!
I am sooo struggling too, is it this time of year ?? just over 3 weeks to a new Year, and I'm still FAT !!! So depressing I feel like starting a fresh in Jan but don't want to gain 6 lbs over Christmas, which I will if I let go....
I'm glad the Graduation went well, did you feel all glam dressed up ??? Have you seen any photos from it yet ?? Don't give up totally, are you going back on to the soups and shakes ?? I just had one for my Breakfast, as I'm feeling blah, it was Rich Chocolate Royale, and 190 cals..... Hoping to feel like an evening meal later but may have soup again, as it's very comforting and it's freezing here !!! Are you spending Christmas with your family ?? Do they do the whole food thing ?? I'm glad I'm here and it's Mr Diva and I and ONE day of FOOD!!!
Keep plodding along....let's get to that New Year a couple of pounds down !!!!! Haha!!!

Diva x

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well :( .... that x-ray comment made me chuckle... its good to see you still have your awesome sense of humor :D. I hope you get well asap!!!

You're allowed truffles and icecream when you're poorly so don't worry about that! Ooooh your hair sounds fabulous <3 I really hope you're better for Saturday.

I don't think its the time of year for me, I'm like this all year round. i think i've got the dieter version of bi-polar... one week so focused and on target... the next eating everything in sight.

I did feel lovely dressed up :)
I have seen pictures but i look huge on them... the big black gown does nothing for your figure haha.

I'm still having shakes but been having fruit and a healthy meals instead of loads of soup... I've cheated a little bit now and again though :(

Yeah I'm spending christmas with the family, i'm living with my mum at the moment while i try to find work. its hard living with her and her husband whilst on a diet, they have loads of crisps in the house and last week they had 2 McDonalds though the week... but she has the cheek to have a go at me when I fancy a packet of crisps when she is overweight too. RANT OVER haha.

what are your plans for christmas?
yeah lets stick with it :) we'll feel extra lovely new years eve!
xoxo

Awww Gawwwwwddd, just re-read my reply to you and it sounds like an interrogation !!!!

sorry !!!!!

D x

haha don't be silly,
i love hearing from you!
xoxo

Well as I said I'm looking forward to a lovely peaceful Christmas with my wonderful hubby ( last year's in the UK was awful due to some family problems) here in the States, in our new home. We will have a traditional Christmas Dinner, and a few drinks, hehehe..... It is hard to live with other people who are not dieting / healthy eating, the negative vibes and temptation all around....poor you.
Woohoo, hubby just rang to ask if I wanted more Ice Cream and I said NO !!!! Though he is buying beer so I will try to stay strong.....resist.....resist....though they are the low cal ones they still bloat me up a bit the next day !!!! Cals wise they are very good !!! I know what you mean about photos, I hate them but sometimes you cannot avoid them or hide in them....the camera never bloody lies....it screams it out from the ruddy rooftops....look at the FATTY !!!!! Hahaha !!!! I used to think I looked nice, presentable, cute shoes, nice makeup,etc but who was I kidding, well myself !!!! I look back at those photos and vow, never again.... so keep going, keep going, chip away at the fat and stay focused....how BRILL will you feel when you look back on Jan 1st and say I may not be a skinnyminnyninny yet, but I DID NOT GAIN WEIGHT over Christmas!!!!!!

Diva x

Woah!
I don't know how the hell I pulled that one off... I've been very naughty this week and lost 2 pounds?
I don't understand? Can the scale lie? I've been on it 3 times today and it says the same!!!

Its Monday and I thought I'd face the music and get on the scales and see what's what.
My jaw dropped.
This week I've had a chinese buffet, a Mc Donald's and had a christmas buffet at my friends house... and lost 2 pounds? How can that be? I'm most certainly not complaining.

The good thing about this situation, is that I've had FAIL written in my mind all week and started thinking "Oh I'm gonna wait until January before i get back into the diet" but this has inspired me to keep going and so I'm gonna take my lazy butt to the gym this week and NO CHEATING on the diet.

Gym later! Goin' to put some good tunes on my Ipod to workout to.

xoxo

Lol now if only every time we ate naughty food and still lost weight, life would be much easier.

Lol now if only every time we ate naughty food and still lost weight, life would be much easier.

oh gosh!
i bloody wish.
xoxo

HEY YOU!!!! 2 lbs IS BRILLIANT !!!! I AM DOING MY WIBBLY WOBBLY DANCE OF VICTORY FOR YOU!!!

That's great after the week you had, foodwise, yay for 2 lbs of lardy old fat biting the dust, yahoooo !!! Hahaha!!! I lost a pound this week, I was good having lovely noodley veggie soup for a couple of dinners and loads of fruit !!! Party was fantastic, I felt really good, controlled the alcohol, shocked myself too !! And had yummy food but didn't go back for seconds !!!! Planning to be good this week, and I have lost 50 lbs now, slower than a slow thing but I'm on my wayyyyyyyy !!!!!!!

Have a good week, and post, post, post if you can, let's knock another pound or two off before 2010 ends!!!!

Where are you??? Have you run away with a gorgeous hunk in a Santa Suit ???? Come and talk to us....we don't mind if you've been naughty or nice !!!! I am currently on the naughty list for lusting after party foods, alcohol and beers !!! Yahoo !! Bailey's over ice in a big glass last night.....TWICE !!!!!
Hmmmm.....I may be on this list for some time...

Diva x

I'm backkkkkk!!

Last edited:
Well, I'm lost for words.....highly unusual for me !! HELLO SWEETIE !!!!!

Missed you.....great to see you back !! How is life treating you ?? You've not got married, had a kid, got a tattoo, or run away to join the circus since you've been gone ?!?? Haha !!

I see your new goals.... Very nice.... Are you feeling super motivated ?? Did you find a job after graduation ? Sorry for the questions... I'm drugged up, on bedrest after some minor surgery at the weekend.....so seeing a Minimins mate back on here is just what the Doctor ordered !! Hehe !!

Good luck, hugs and loads of positive skinny vibes zooming to you !

Diva x

Well, I'm lost for words.....highly unusual for me !! HELLO SWEETIE !!!!!

Missed you.....great to see you back !! How is life treating you ?? You've not got married, had a kid, got a tattoo, or run away to join the circus since you've been gone ?!?? Haha !!

I see your new goals.... Very nice.... Are you feeling super motivated ?? Did you find a job after graduation ? Sorry for the questions... I'm drugged up, on bedrest after some minor surgery at the weekend.....so seeing a Minimins mate back on here is just what the Doctor ordered !! Hehe !!

Good luck, hugs and loads of positive skinny vibes zooming to you !

Diva x

Hello Miss Diva, I've missed our chats!! So glad your still here and have done so well!!

Well.... my life has changed quite a bit actually. In February I packed my things and headed to London with £50 in my pocket. I knew I needed to be back there so I up and left and I've been here since. Got myself an acting friendly job, so when I'm not performing or auditioning I'm selling wine to rich people!

I am very motivated. I've been ill the past week and my dad had a talk with me today to say he thinks my weight plays a big part in why I'm always ill and that he's very worried about my health so I want to this for my parents too.

Sorry to hear you've had to have an operation. I do hope your okay and not in any pain. Sending you big hugs!

So tell me what I've missed with you this year? I hope loads of happiness and weightloss.
xxx

How are you doing chicky? I'm doing okay, not moving much, taking my bloating medicines and feeling like I'm gaining daily, boo !! Well, as I'm still posting on here you can kinda guess my slimming year ! Hehe ! Major blip in the Summer, had to return to the UK for an emergency, stress levels went through the roof, and had weeks off, eating,gaining, feeling guilty,eating.....the yoyo dieter inside me had a smashing time!!
So,restarted with like 2 st regained, and then this surgery etc.... I'm going to be lucky to get down to last year's Christmas weight......grrrrr !!
Anyway, trying not to dwell on it..... I will be fabulous.... Eventually !!

Diva x

How are you doing chicky? I'm doing okay, not moving much, taking my bloating medicines and feeling like I'm gaining daily, boo !! Well, as I'm still posting on here you can kinda guess my slimming year ! Hehe ! Major blip in the Summer, had to return to the UK for an emergency, stress levels went through the roof, and had weeks off, eating,gaining, feeling guilty,eating.....the yoyo dieter inside me had a smashing time!!
So,restarted with like 2 st regained, and then this surgery etc.... I'm going to be lucky to get down to last year's Christmas weight......grrrrr !!
Anyway, trying not to dwell on it..... I will be fabulous.... Eventually !!

Diva x

I'm doing fine thank you, lost 3 pounds this week which I'm happy about. Sorry to hear about your stressful summer hope its all sorted now. Don't worry about the gain, you'll get it back off you in no time.

Don't be saying "I will be fabulous". You are!!

xxx

#New Diary Post 1

Okay, so I'm going to try and post here once or twice a week to reflect on my progress and what not. Again I doubt many people will be reading this but I'm writing it more for myself than anyone else.

So I'm almost half way through my second week on the Slimming World plan now and with all the stupid crash diets I've done throughout the past 12 months I'd almost forgotten how unlike a diet the Slimming World Plan feels. I CAN EAT! I did this plan during my second year of university and I got down to 15 stone 7 which is the lowest weight I've been in a very long time. Hopefully it won't be long before i see the number 15 on the scales again.

Last week I was extremely ill with a bladder/kidney infection. I was bed bound for about 4 days and I was in excruciating pain. I now live in London away from my parents (who I'm so very close to) so when I'm poorly my yearning to be with them is more significant. I got a series of texts from my dad which broke my heart to be honest. Basically they stated that he thinks I need to sort my health out (by health he meant weight of course), he said I am always run down and ill (which is true) and I am going to ruin my life if I don't do something about it now. He said only I can help myself and that I have got to WANT to do it.

I lay there crying for what seemed like ages.

Not because I thought he was wrong - I knew he was completely right. I cried because it then hit home that my parents are genuinely worried about my health. I HAVE started to notice lately that my knees and hips hurt when I'm walking, and that my knee's make a clicking noise when I'm walking up the stairs... there must be so much strain on my poor knees. I'm always hot and sweaty and out of breath on the commute to work and I often have palpitations.

So I guess that's why I'm back on Mini Mins... a year later... beginning my journey again... desperately hoping for success this time... no crash diets... no quick fix... not even a "diet" - a life style change.

7 Weigh ins before christmas day. Lets see if I can get 2 stone off me!!!
xxx

Hiya hun.....how are you doing ?? I haven't been on here much, had a few rough days with my medicine and going stir crazy !! Hoping to stop the drugs later this week, and get the all clear to restart next Monday. Just as well, as I am feeling fat,fat, fat !!

How was the 2nd WI ?? How are you feeling ?? This is a hard time to restart a diet a few weeks before Christmas, the shops are full of food and goodies, and the party season is round the corner !! Or should I say the party food and drink is round the corner ! Eeek !

Keep strong..... I am so READY to restart !!!!

Diva x

Hiya hun.....how are you doing ?? I haven't been on here much, had a few rough days with my medicine and going stir crazy !! Hoping to stop the drugs later this week, and get the all clear to restart next Monday. Just as well, as I am feeling fat,fat, fat !!

How was the 2nd WI ?? How are you feeling ?? This is a hard time to restart a diet a few weeks before Christmas, the shops are full of food and goodies, and the party season is round the corner !! Or should I say the party food and drink is round the corner ! Eeek !

Keep strong..... I am so READY to restart !!!!

Diva x

Feeling a bit pissed off today to be honest!
Went on the scales yesterday morning and it told me I had lost 4 pound this week which I was ecstatic about! Sunday is my usual weigh in day so I decided to weigh myself again today and it said i'd hadn't lost 4 I'd actually gained one... so I dunno whats going on. I think the scales are broken.

So i spent the day pissed off and eating crap but i'll be back on it tomorrow.

I WAS feeling great and optimistic and so on... I hardly had ANY syns last week but I dunno... these scales have knocked my confidence. Need to go to weigh myself on a professional gym scale somewhere once i week i think!

Have you got back into it yet?
How are you getting on?

xxx

Hey, I've been reading through your diary, and I just wanted to wish you luck!

Thank You so much!
Best of luck to you too hun!
xxx

Back