Total Solution The diary of a fat mummy!

Hello and welcome :)

You're doing great so far :D

I'm only 5 feet tall too :rolleyes:

.....and had a similar start weight :oops:

We can do this! :D

Thank you.

You know what I really think we can!!
This has been a much easier start than when I did CWD all those years ago.
I'm trying not to think about what my weight should be at only 5foot!! One stone at a time! Are you setting mini goals too? How long have you been on the diet? Any tips?

Morning!!! I'm also at Day 2 in one piece. Had the eggs for breakfast and regretted buying them. My head was telling me not to but I wanted to try a bit of everything.

How you feeling today?

I don't think having shakes/bars/meals will change the amount of weight you lose as they all have similar calories/carbs. A shake and a meal are the same. That's how I view it anyway. Mentally a food substitute feels more like a meal and will help keep me on track.

Morning!!! I'm also at Day 2 in one piece. Had the eggs for breakfast and regretted buying them. My head was telling me not to but I wanted to try a bit of everything.

How you feeling today?

I don't think having shakes/bars/meals will change the amount of weight you lose as they all have similar calories/carbs. A shake and a meal are the same. That's how I view it anyway. Mentally a food substitute feels more like a meal and will help keep me on track.

Morning.
Have you got more of the egg packs?? Maybe you could add something to them to liven them up?? I'm feeling great! Think I must be ketosis.
I know on CWD you could only have so many bars per week but obviously that's a different diet. I'm happy with the shakes overall and have more of them so in reality until this batch of 'goodies' runs out in a month I'll be having 2 shakes and a bar or meal per day.

Really hoping for 10lb off for my first week on Tuesday!! What about you?

Really hoping for 10lb off for my first week on Tuesday!! What about you?

Good Luck with the goal!! I don't know what to expect, I've only ever lost weight when I've already been slim, so the first week on a diet was always 2lbs. This is the first time I've ever dieted as a fat person. I've seen huge losses by people on exante, so I will see next Saturday morning.

I think I'll make the eggs as scrambled egg next time rather than an omelette. I only have one other egg pack to use up anyway.

Thank you.

You know what I really think we can!!
This has been a much easier start than when I did CWD all those years ago.
I'm trying not to think about what my weight should be at only 5foot!! One stone at a time! Are you setting mini goals too? How long have you been on the diet? Any tips?

Losing weight is harder the shorter you are - simple fact of physiology unfortunately :rolleyes:

I've been doing TS since January 4th and have lost 3 stone :)

I don't do 'food week' as I wouldn't trust myself, and I have rigidly followed 3 packs and nothing else whatsoever

........I'm a bit of an all or nothing person o_O

I have a lot of weight to lose, so realise this is going to take time, but do have a shorter term goal to reach 10 stone by September if possible - for a lovely holiday I have planned :D

My goal weight is 8 stone :)

here to follow Mrs N and say welcome.

Losing weight is harder the shorter you are - simple fact of physiology unfortunately :rolleyes:

I've been doing TS since January 4th and have lost 3 stone :)

I don't do 'food week' as I wouldn't trust myself, and I have rigidly followed 3 packs and nothing else whatsoever

........I'm a bit of an all or nothing person o_O

I have a lot of weight to lose, so realise this is going to take time, but do have a shorter term goal to reach 10 stone by September if possible - for a lovely holiday I have planned :D

My goal weight is 8 stone :)

Being short is rubbish!!!

But wow 3 stone since Jan 4th is amazing! I wish I'd started in Jan!
I'm not sure about the food week thing tbh. I may have a bit of chicken each day - I'm not sure. I need to do some more reading. Are there any health risks if you don't? Though I'm guessing you're fine so I doubt it!

I will be having a day off on April 9th to attend a wedding then I go on holiday for a week on 28th May and I think my plan there may be 2 packs plus a normal evening meal per day as I'm on holiday. There will be loads of walking an sports activities so hopefully it won't be too bad. But it's a long way off and I've got to get there first!

Feeling very excited about first weigh-in on Tuesday!

here to follow Mrs N and say welcome.

Hi there. Thank you!
You're weight loss is fab!
How have you found the diet so far?

Good Luck with the goal!! I don't know what to expect, I've only ever lost weight when I've already been slim, so the first week on a diet was always 2lbs. This is the first time I've ever dieted as a fat person. I've seen huge losses by people on exante, so I will see next Saturday morning.

I think I'll make the eggs as scrambled egg next time rather than an omelette. I only have one other egg pack to use up anyway.

I think it's fair to say if you stick to it and drink enough water you'll lose more than 2lb in your first week!

Hi there. Thank you!
You're weight loss is fab!
How have you found the diet so far?

Thank you. It's gone really quick! I'd be lying if I said it was easy but it has been easier than I thought it would be (after the first 2 weeks are out the way). Certainly easier than when I did Cambridge a few years ago. I really enjoy the meals over the shakes and I don't beat myself up about having skimmed milk in my tea and the odd coke zero. Those little things keep me on track and don't seem to have affected my weight loss too much.

Thank you. It's gone really quick! I'd be lying if I said it was easy but it has been easier than I thought it would be (after the first 2 weeks are out the way). Certainly easier than when I did Cambridge a few years ago. I really enjoy the meals over the shakes and I don't beat myself up about having skimmed milk in my tea and the odd coke zero. Those little things keep me on track and don't seem to have affected my weight loss too much.

Really good advice. I'm going to add some Coke Zero to the weekly shop for Hubby and kids.
I think you've done fab so far - I'd be very happy with those loses.

Woohoo another day almost done. And do you know what it was fine! I was worried about it being weekend but I've felt OK and resisted temptation.
Sitting here finishing off my final pack if the day and normally I'd be working my way through a giant bag of sensations. I was talking to my 2 best mates today and defiantly think having small goals is the way forward. And being realistic about social events etc. I will be coming off plan for the day on 9th April. Realistically a lot of alcohol will probably be consumed but I'll try and make sensible choices where possible but a wedding is a wedding!

Anyway, enough of my rambling.....

Today's packs - Cherries & Berries shake around 10am (still my fav!)
Caramel crunch bar - 3.30pm (really good - a million miles better than that nasty hot cross bun thing!)
8.30pm - Chocolate Shake.

The majority of time I'm going to do 2 shakes and a bar or meal. I have lots more shakes and do find them filling.

One more day to get rough then I can weigh in. Really hope I get that 10lb I've set.

Sob..... TOTM has arrived early!
Guessing this will mess the scales up now. Gggrrrr!

Argh I feel awful.
TOTM I want chocolate!

Hi MrsN
Sorry to hear you're struggling today. I just had to sign up so I could wish you well and say you can do this! I've just started again today (for the umpteenth time!) and your diary has been a great source of inspiration as I'm already struggling! I'm so impressed at how you've got through those first few days!
I have a very similar story to yours so if there's any way in which I can help to support you let me know and I'll keep checking here when I need a kick up the bum!
minipea x

Argh I feel awful.
TOTM I want chocolate!
Aww hugs. I'm still waiting for my TOTM unusually late. But when it's here.....not sure how well I'll cope.

You still on track?

Try and have a death by chocolate day! One day last week I had chocolate shake for breakfast, orange chocolate bar for lunch and a caramel crunch bar (covered in chocolate) for dinner - it does sort of hit those chocolate cravings :D

I'm ok. Still on track. Choc shake helped and going to have my bar in a minute. Feel horrific. But I suffer terribly and I'm like this every month!
Hope I still have a decent first weigh in tomorrow.

I'm ok. Still on track. Choc shake helped and going to have my bar in a minute. Feel horrific. But I suffer terribly and I'm like this every month!
Hope I still have a decent first weigh in tomorrow.
All the water your drinking should have got rid of the period bloat weight x

All the water your drinking should have got rid of the period bloat weight x

Do you think?? Had nearly 3 litres so far today

Back