Total Solution The diary of a fat mummy!

Just got in from work - hubby and kids having fun in the kitchen cooking up a paella. I've said hello etc and Coke up for a bath. I'm determined to stay on track but feel so grotty I know if I'm around their tea I'll struggle to resist! I'm a terrible comfort eater usually!

Your doing great! Good Luck for weighing tomorrow

And

Hope you feel better x

Thank you both!

So today has probably been the worst!
Day 7 and I'm definitely in ketosis but I feel grim.
I suffer terribly with my periods and feel absolutely exhausted tonight! Gosh it would be so easy to just eat one of the kids Easter eggs!! But I will not!! No way!!
So a bath earlier and some internet shopping (well browsing), pain killers and a hot water bottle and I'm tucked up in bed.

Today's packs - 10.30 - Chocolate shake
3.30 - double choc bar
8.30 - honeycomb shake.
All fine!! Enjoying the packs in general.

So off to bed and I'm actually excited about my weigh in. Hoping for 10lb!! Eek!!

Hi MrsN
Sorry to hear you're struggling today. I just had to sign up so I could wish you well and say you can do this! I've just started again today (for the umpteenth time!) and your diary has been a great source of inspiration as I'm already struggling! I'm so impressed at how you've got through those first few days!
I have a very similar story to yours so if there's any way in which I can help to support you let me know and I'll keep checking here when I need a kick up the bum!
minipea x

Hi there.
Thank you!!! I'm sorry I missed your post earlier. It's great knowing there are others out there who are in a similar position, if you know what I mean. I didn't expect anyone to read this but wanted to make some notes to look back on.

Good luck with your start. I guess for me what's different this time it my headspace. I feel guilty for being in such poor health (the reality of a bmi of 50!) that it may reduce my life expectancy so much that my children may be faced with the loss of a parent at a young age. I know that sounds dramatic but it's very real to me now.

Anyway, drinking masses of water, long soaks in the bath and early nights have got me through. I'm only feeling so bad today due to TOTM so that will pass in a day or so.

Do you have a goal in mind??
Keep us posted with how you get on!

So first weigh in.... And I've lost 9lb!
I'm happy with that. I did think maybe it would be more as id lost 8lb by day 4 but TOTM turning up a week early has obviously made a difference too. Feel bloated and horrible.
Anyway I would never lose that much on a normal diet so that's fab!
Goal for this week is 5lb but I'd be happy with 3-4lb. Either way I'm looking forward to seeing what week 2 brings!
Second goal for the week - don't obsess with the scales! I stepped on them far too much this week.

That's great Hun! I'd be happy with 9lbs.....also....are time of the mo th weight might come off as extra next month lol!! By the time my cycle decides to arrive I'll probably be in the same situation.

Congratulations on a great first week. Are you feeling great?

That's great Hun! I'd be happy with 9lbs.....also....are time of the mo th weight might come off as extra next month lol!! By the time my cycle decides to arrive I'll probably be in the same situation.

Congratulations on a great first week. Are you feeling great?

Thank you. Yes I'm very happy with that. Given I've set a 2 stone goal by 1st June I'm well on the way!! Exciting!! My skin is looking fab too due to all the water I'm drinking. How are you feeling?

Thank you. Yes I'm very happy with that. Given I've set a 2 stone goal by 1st June I'm well on the way!! Exciting!! My skin is looking fab too due to all the water I'm drinking. How are you feeling?
I feel great! I feel like I want to get up and do stuff. Like I have my energy and motivation back. Until about 3 o clock when I actually feel like I'm going to faint and I have a 18 month climbing on me, down again, on me, down again etc lol

I think setting a goal is great. I can't wait for my first weigh in, I think getting the first week over will help me relax more.

Great loss - congratulations!

I feel great! I feel like I want to get up and do stuff. Like I have my energy and motivation back. Until about 3 o clock when I actually feel like I'm going to faint and I have a 18 month climbing on me, down again, on me, down again etc lol

I think setting a goal is great. I can't wait for my first weigh in, I think getting the first week over will help me relax more.

Definately- I now have a sense of 'I can do this' as surely the first week is the hardest!!

Wow 9lbs that's a fantastic start :)

Day 8 -
Shakes: 10.30 - blueberry (better with loads of water and ice)
3.30 - cherries and berries
Meal - 8pm - Spag Bol - actually really liked it.
Still feel so grotty but reckon I'll be over the worst of it tomorrow.

Have a good day :)

Yeah feeling good.
1 shake and 1.5 litres down so far.

Back