Total Solution The diary of a fat mummy!

Thank you Darcy. Seeing those scales move is motivation for the next week.

So I've just been out buying Easter eggs for nephews and it hit me....how the hell am I going to get through this weekend????
The kids will have bought me an egg - but that's ok I can put it in the cupboard. The bigger problem is Easter Sunday lunch which is always a big deal in our family (excuse for a big get together). They don't know I'm doing this diet and a massive roast will be cooked. Any advice?? I just said to hubby I might be ill as I'm just not in the right place yet to have to explain myself or to resist roast potatoes!!!!

Perhaps do yourself a plate with just meat and vegetables for Easter lunch and tell your family you've had a bad tummy and want to eat simple food? I have the same issue with my in-laws, but after 6 months of severe allergic reactions last year (thankfully they've stopped) I've just told them that I'm still doing food elimination, so can't eat a very wide range of food, specifically no gluten, dairy or sugar.

But if you're really worried about not being able to resist, there is the option of removing yourself from the lunch altogether through sickness, but would you regret not spending the time with your family? It's a tough one...

It's a hard one which luckily I don't have to face as all my family knows I'm on this diet. Womble's idea is good, feign a bad tummy and try to stick with meat and veggies.

The hardest for me will be resisting the goodies I've been bought and putting them away o_O

Maybe I need to tell more people but I can't be doing with them passing judgement or trying to tempt me.

Speaking of temptation a friend rang to ask if I fancied a catch up over a Nandos - aargh! I've said no but all I can now think about it bloody Nandos.

Today has been hard. Meetings all day means I'm only having pack 2 now!! Though I've had 2.5 litres so far.

So I've woken up this morning feeling really hungry! Or am I? Is it my brain messing with me???
Downed a pint of water to fight it! I will not cave!

Hi MrsN, I too have been dreading this Easter break, chocolate is my downfall. We can do this, you have been offering no end of help for me so I'm here if you need anything! We can do this, food is fuel that's what I keep trying to tell myselfx

Good plan of attack! If in doubt drink water :)

I know I'm not hungry I just have a desire to eat (and eat and eat). They are demonds! I'm not giving in though. I'm determined to stick to it til 9th April until my planned day off and then straight back to it until holiday on 1st June where I think 2 shakes and a meal plus a snack will be my plan for the week.
Decided I'm being sick on Sunday as I'm just not ready for it!
Thank you for the support - it's much appreciated (and needed!)

Maybe I need to tell more people but I can't be doing with them passing judgement or trying to tempt me.

Speaking of temptation a friend rang to ask if I fancied a catch up over a Nandos - aargh! I've said no but all I can now think about it bloody Nandos.

Today has been hard. Meetings all day means I'm only having pack 2 now!! Though I've had 2.5 litres so far.
Its really difficult isn't it. I think people dont agree with these types of diets really. Obviously it isnt as healthy as all the fruit and veg you get on other plans but it offers quick results. For some people thats what they need to stay on track.

Although Nandos does chicken and salad, so you could have a very low carb meal if you trusted yourself.

My family really wouldn't understand - I think I'd want to tell them after I'd lost a few stone as then I could say 'look it works, I'm still standing and healthy'.
But maybe I just need to be braver!

So here I am day 11 coming to an end.
Overall I'm back to feeling ok.
But I have been very hungry today. Well....I've had strange hunger type pangs but I hadn't had enough water really.
I've probably had close to 3 litres now but aim for 4 per day so going to try and get some more down before bed (oh the joy of having to get up for the loo!).

I've distracted myself today - had work to do on laptop then went swimming with the kids and friends. Back to the laptop now so not a very rock n roll good Friday.

I did peek at the scales today but I'm now trying to resist until Tuesday but I'm totally obsessed with them. Just transferring one obsession to another. But I've moved them out of the bathroom and hubby has put them somewhere so I'll have to obsess over something else!

Packs today -
11am - caramel toffee shake (I do quite like this one)
4pm - double choc bar (choc overload but ok)
9pm - sweet sour noodles (quite liked these but I'll add even more chilli next time).

I have put my goal (end scary goal) into the Exante site and messed around with how many months I'd like to get there. If I lose 3lb per week I'd be at my goal in early December so obviously if I lost more I'd get there quicker. But right now I'm focusing on the first stone!
Hubby just told me how well I'm doing and whilst he loves me the way I am he can see how unhappy I am so will do whatever I need to help. He's a good un.

Hope you've all had a great bank holiday so far

Day 12 and feeling great! Woohoo!!

My family really wouldn't understand

I'm lucky, I have a small immediate family - Dad, OH, son and his girlfriend. Those who know are therefore quite limited. The wider family do not know, unless my OH has told them (and that is a possibility) but they are not around me regularly so don't matter. We each need to deal with who we tell (or not) in our own way. I am just lucky with my family :)
Socially, that is another matter. My OH has told a few of our friends I'm on this diet and they have been very judgemental :(

Glad you are feeling great :D

What's with judgemental people!

Glad you're doing so well :)

My predicted goal weight is December too - how fabulous that will be!

....skinny minnies for Christmas :D

It really would be amazing!!!
Can't really think that far ahead as it seems unreachable.

At the rate I am going I think I will be hitting target closer to December too o_O

Back