The diary of a (not so-Little)Sausage

Thanks, Pinkie! Yeah, I think it's just a case of being a bit down... however, things are looking brighter! Positivity really is the name of the game, and I have a lot to be positive about - weight loss is going well, the sun is shining (yay!) and it's nearly the end of the financial year! Woop woop! The sun really is lifting my mood... Plus, it's already Tuesday, which means tomorrow is Wednesday, and then it's the weekend!

Wow Well done Little Sausage, that is fantastic!!! 1.5 stone is amazing, did you get your certificate and sticker? You've done so well.

I have teas like yours all the time. The only problem of SW is that there aren't many options for things if you really just need to chuck something together quick - unless you have a HEB left for beans on toast, or don't mind eating microwaved jacket potatoes! But you did well in the circumstances if you ask me! Also I think you did get your superfree in with the fruit - I think it's good that you ate it first, as some people have pointed out, it's a bit silly to do the third superfree rule if you're forcing some fruit or veg down AFTER eating the main meal!

Anyway, sorry to hear about your nightmare * week and business at work etc. You're doing fab to keep going.

Hasta luego guapísima!

I find omlettes quite good for when you want to chuck something together in a hurry!! Needless to say you gotta be a fan of the egg...

I have adopted a name my bf uses for Wednesday - he calls it "hump day" - once you're over the hump then it's just downhill to the weekend!

Does the end of the financial year mean that you will be less busy after it's over? My bf works in a uni and he is always busy in July when it's "financial year end" then after that everyone chills out for a few months! If so hope you get through it ok then manage to have a really nice rest!

Totally agree with you about the sun - us Latinas need the sun to shine to be in a good mood I think! The sun has made such a difference to my mood lately. I wake up feeling fresh and full of beans ready to jump out of bed and get out there. Unlike winter when I would miserably drag myself out of bed like a zombie. I think this is the perfect time to be a teacher too - the kids seem a lot more relaxed and happy with the weather but also "water fight" season hasn't started yet! Perfect!

Well done on your stone & 1/2 thats fab. Slow and steady wins the race and all that. I know what you mean about the gym, i went to look at a new one in my town and you had to walk through the weights bit to get to the changing rooms, put me right off. x

Whoop Whhhooooop - well done on your 1 and a half stone, Sausage. That's brilliant.

Erm, so......... OMG!!!! Disco Gym would be totally amazing. I once went to a disco tenpin bowling session where they turned the lights off and you played with glow in the dark bowls. The flashing lights made me really excited. I was a bit like a 5 year old drinking full fat coke and eating smarties for the entire night. I'm actually quite jealous my gym doesn't do this. Not that I ever use my gym membership anyway - but I would if we had disco styled classes. I'd wear leg warmers (one yellow, one green) and a headband and everything. I'm getting excited palpitations just thinking about this.

Nicki - I know what you mean. I used o have a really good relationship with the gym when I was at school. We were lucky - my school had a sports centre which was open to the public and we got free membership - and I would go every evening without fail. The set up was great and, although it was small, it was never intimidating or uncomfortable to go in.

And as for the disco gym, Zoe, it's Jules' friend who's lucky enough to have that! I, too, would go. Neon sweat bands ahoy! Sounds AWESOME!

Hey LilSos, just spotted your loss!! Wowzers, well done you! Thats really amazing, and a lovely shiny new award sticker! By the way Legally Blonde is on tour soon and coming closer to home to Bristol so hoping to get tickets for August 5th! Awesome! X

That's great! I saw it before Christmas (it's right across the street from my office) and it was awesome. You'll have a fantastic time! x

Today's lunch. Nom!

Attachments

• image-1075482480.jpg
    image-1075482480.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 9,711
Have decided on salmon and prawns baked with some homemade spicy sauce (has honey and sweet chilli sauce, so I'll be conservative and say 5 syns) with rice and loads of salad. The warmer weather has really had me craving salads this week.

Just want to say a MASSIVE congratulations to Jules for getting to target! That is amazing, and you are a real inspiration! X

Oh wow a personal mention on your diary Little Sausage!!! THANKS!!! You're a star, couldn't have done it without you lovely guys!!! Your lunch looks ACE by the way and your dinner sounds DELIGHTFUL!
Enjoy! :)

Thanks, Jules! The weight loss is definitely happening, although it is a LOT slower than others... not entirely sure why, as I tend to stick to the plan rigidly! Red's loss of 3 stone in almost the same amount of time is awesome. I'd love to speed up my weight loss but, right now, I don't have the time to exercise.

It's slowing down now though. I'm almost scared to weigh on Thursday as I don't feel like I've lost at all. Also I don't think you can really see it on me.

Anyway - I think you are doing amazingly well and who knows you may overtake me sometime :)

I'm having trouble with the exercise too, during the day I do tutoring work and then in the evening I tutor or work at my other job - but since I'm losing that :( I will have more time (and a lot less money for the diet). It's all a bit stressful right now, I don't think I'm eating particularly well. You on the other hand are doing really well and your diary looks great.

Congratulations on your 1 and a half stone lovely xxx

Oh wow a personal mention on your diary Little Sausage!!! THANKS!!! You're a star, couldn't have done it without you lovely guys!!! Your lunch looks ACE by the way and your dinner sounds DELIGHTFUL!
Enjoy! :)

Congrats Jules on getting to target!! I managed to miss that somehow!! It must feel fantastic!!!X

Argh, I went out for lunch. I had the healthiest option, but am estimating about 10.5 syns to be safe...

Breakfast:
2 satsumas, banana, Shape Zero yoghurt
4 coffees with skimmed milk (2 syns)

Lunch:
Chicken Caesar salad - I bypassed the croutons, but it had Parmesan (HEa) and dressing (estimate 10.5 syns!!)
Sparkling water
Espresso

Supper:
Loads of salad leaves and cucumber with a couple of new potatoes, 2 hard boiled eggs and some chicken and peppers and mushrooms cooked in balsamic vinegar and creole seasoning.
Activia snackpot
Hifi bar (HEb)

I think I might make a chicken and veg risotto tonight, but will have to see. I'm gutted at the syn value of Caesar dressing... Had I asked for no dressing, though, the salad would have been like sawdust. It really was not worth the syns, and I shan't be doing that again. Oh well, I don't feel too bad! I rarely have 10 syns in a day and, counted over the week, I probably won't even have 70 so one day shouldn't hurt me. There was definitely more than 1/3 superfree, so I was on plan!

I find going out for a meal so difficult. I don't like feeling guilty, nor do I like making excuses so that I won't feel guilty. But I seem to be totally re-wired now and I guess it's going to take me a while to realise (and act upon) the fact that SW is there to change how we eat, and that the odd meal out shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:
Hi Sausage, I think you did really well at your meal today. I think your salad would have been as dry as a bat without the dressing! I find going out for meals loads easier now but it took me a good few times before I relaxed. Well done anyway chica!

Thanks, Jules! I don't feel too bad now. 10.5 syns is pretty good, I reckon, seeing as I haven't had much in the way of syns this week. Nowhere near 10 a day. I also abstained from a glass of wine, and stuck to water. Not bad going!

Felt like salad again, tonight! Cooked some chicken and sliced peppers with creole seasoning and balsamic vinegar and served with loads of cucumber, salad leaves, a couple of boiled new potatoes and 2 hard boiled eggs. Delicious, syn free and filling without making me feel bloated.

Can't believe tomorrow is already Thursday, and that the weekend is so close! Work is a lot calmer at the moment, which is lovely. And summer is so close, I can smell it! Woohoo!

Well done Little Sausage on your loss. That's great. Good attitude too. It's lovely to lose fast but in the end, as long as you are eating well and can stick to it, you will continue to lose. When you look back in a few months time, you'll suddenly realise just how far you've come. It's a great feeling. Can't wait til you feel that too :)

Gail x

Thanks, Gail! It really is nice to have words of encouragement from other SW followers who are so successful with their losses. I am SO determined to lose weight and follow the plan correctly.

I have come to the conclusion that I am definitely not having enough syns throughout the week. I think that, to make a start, I will count the splashes of milk in my coffees as syns, rather than a HEa - I use skimmed milk during the week, and seeing as a pint (596ml) lasts me the entire week, there is no way I use my 350ml HEa every day! That will immediately up my syns, and mean that I can have some cheese (!! I love cheese!) during the day. I can honestly say that I don't feel deprived (at the moment) by not having my syns, but I know that by not making an effort to have them I am not following the plan 100%, and that, in the long run, I'm doing myself no favours as I'll be more likely to have a crazy binge. Fortunately that day has not come! But I'd like to minimise the chances of it coming around before it does...

I plan on testing out a number of recipes this weekend, too. Lasagne is always a good bet, and the recipe in the Extra Easy cook book looks great. The freezer is so full of crap that has been in there forEVER, so I'm hoping to sort through/chuck out/use up loads of stuff, and defrost it. I also have some homemade Dulce de Membrillo in the fridge, brought over by my cousin last year(!) that I think will have to go. No-ne has eaten it, and it's taking up space. (I have Dulce de Leche, also brought over from Argentina, in the cupboard, but there is no way on earth I'm chucking that out). Plus, it's probably going bad. I want to have a MASSIVE clearout in the kitchen, plant my seeds and, generally, get organised.

Last night's supper was lovely. The chicken/peppers/mushrooms with spices and balsamic was great, but my favourite part had to be the salad leaves. Every Wednesday, the Veg Van visits my local train station to meet commuters off the trains between 4-8pm. Everything is sourced locally, and yesterday they had salad bags, which included your normal Rocket, Spinach and Cos, but also Mustard leaves! That made my day. I haven't been able to buy them in the supermarkets, so will have to try and find some seeds somewhere.

I've probably said about a million times how much I'm looking forward to Summer, but the sun is out in full force again today, and the grin on my face says it all. SW has made me feel so positive and, even when work is tough, SW has given me control over my eating habits - even if I have no control over what happens in the office, I am buoyed by having taken back the control over my weight. Things are definitely looking brighter!

'Nuff love xxx

Hi hun, your food is sounding really lovely! Sounds like you're really enjoying eating well and are changing your habits long term! The salads sound great and with summer coming you'll be enjoying more and more of them! I think the changing of habits and tastes (as you call it rewiring) is the key! As long as we eat properly most of the time and allow ourselves syns/treats sometimes- the Caesar dressing is nothing in the big scheme of things- our bodies will continue to shed the fat and find a healthy weight for us! Just keep chipping away! That's all I do! It's amazing how quickly time flies by and all the lbs tot up pretty quickly! X

Hmmm... So, read a really interesting article this morning, and it has made me think a LOT!

I know that I come across this quite a lot... friends who ask if I want to go out for dinner (they know I'm trying to lose weight) and try to ply me with alcohol because "one night off won't do you any harm!" My mum seems to have given up offering me bread and puddings and stuff and, now, actually says that she won't offer it to me - I do wonder if this is some sort of reverse psychology: does she not offer something in the hope that I'll decide I want to have some anyway? But it's friends that get to me... the whole, "oh, go on, just have one slice of cake!" or, "how about some chips with your salad?" thing annoys me. I have always been the fat one, whether at school or Uni, and upsetting the dynamic seems to upset them. Of course, there's no thought to how I feel being the fat one, only to the fact that things are changing.
Is diet sabotage something that you have ever come across?

Back