The diary of a (not so-Little)Sausage

Wow what a fab conversation you've all had today. Will read that article later.

And girls, take it from a divorcee and now single Mum: NEVER SETTLE!

You are worth so much more. Recognise and embrace that, be your lovely, inspiring, intelligent, funny selves, and you will attract like minded people to you. And yeah, one of them might be a great boyfriend. Xx

So, I should probably post my food diary for today...

Breakfast:
2 bananas (it was going to be a banana and a satsuma but the satsuma I picked up was HORRID)
4 coffees with skimmed milk (2 syns)

Lunch:
Salad with edamame beans, broad beans, tomatoes and cucumber. Salad dressing (4 syns)

Supper:
Another salad! Loads of leaves, cucumber and baby tomatoes with poached salmon and prawns. may have some EL Mayo with it, too, because that is how I roll. 2tbsp EL Mayo and 1tbsp BBQ sauce (2 syns)
3 mini babybel lights (HEa)

Hifi bar (HEb)

Total syns: 8

Have picked up a chicken and mushroom risotto and a LUSH panna cotta for my mum from M&S. I heart panna cotta (may have to figure out how many syns and have a weekend treat) and there's someone on my train now with a McDonalds (I don't even like McDonalds, but it smells so good! It's almost covering the smell of very stinky feet coming from the guy next to me...)

Willpower is most certainly being tested. Soon, I'll try applying it to cigarettes.

Last edited:
Pinkie1973 said:
Wow what a fab conversation you've all had today. Will read that article later.

And girls, take it from a divorcee and now single Mum: NEVER SETTLE!

You are worth so much more. Recognise and embrace that, be your lovely, inspiring, intelligent, funny selves, and you will attract like minded people to you. And yeah, one of them might be a great boyfriend. Xx

Pinkie, I heart you. That just made me smile.

Now I just need a life, so that I can actually meet a nice chap!

Xx

Lots of food for thought here today!! Your food diary looks great as well although way too much salad for my liking ;)

Lol. Well I spent nearly two years in counselling as got myself into a very unhappy place. That was one of the key things I learnt. Sounds simple, but if you're not in the right place mentally, you just don't see yourself or the world like that. I learnt the hard way.

And I bet you do a lot more than you let on. You've certainly provoked a very stimulating conversation on here. As you keep losing weight you'll gain confidence and then get yourself out there :)

herewego said:
Lots of food for thought here today!! Your food diary looks great as well although way too much salad for my liking ;)

But I LOVE salads! Reminds me of summer and stuff. Definitely my food mood lightener!

Pinkie1973 said:
Lol. Well I spent nearly two years in counselling as got myself into a very unhappy place. That was one of the key things I learnt. Sounds simple, but if you're not in the right place mentally, you just don't see yourself or the world like that. I learnt the hard way.

And I bet you do a lot more than you let on. You've certainly provoked a very stimulating conversation on here. As you keep losing weight you'll gain confidence and then get yourself out there :)

Thanks, sugar. I'm just waiting fir the day I don't dread looking in the mirror quite so much, and trying to blend in to the background. One day soon, I hope! Before I become a crazy old cat woman.

Maybe we don't all make it so blatant, but we all have things we want. I don't think there is any shame in making a list of things you want - use it as motivation to get them!

As for getting the perfect man, I reckon it's the luck of the draw. I love my bf to bits, but 15 minutes after I met him we were at each other's throats and I wouldn't have cared if I never saw him again!! Thankfully I stuck it out and by the next morning (what a schlaaaag I am!!!) I was smitten! Love works in mysterious ways :)

Thanks Maverick. I'm not looking for perfection, just half decent would do me fine!

Pinkie, that cracked me up! Chas and Dave probably isn't my first choice of entertainment, but it beats my non-plans! X

Hey ladies, have just been chuckling to myself reading the above conversation!

Little Sausage you will definitely meet the gentleman of your dreams! It will happen when you least expect it! Everyone says that don't they? But it's true! What Maverick just said proved that!

Also agree that you shouldn't "settle" and agree with you that Pinkie you do have a way with words that I enjoy!

Buenas noches guapa x

That was a lovely message to read this morning, Jules, thank you! Hope the weekend with your mama is a good one!

So, today I didn't really feel like eating much, so have been on the fruit diet. It's about 6.30pm and I think I'll have some rice and veg tonight. Just to push the boat out. Because that's how I roll.

Breakfast:
Banana, satsuma
3 coffees with skimmed milk (1.5 syns)

Lunch:
Fruit salad: pineapple, mango, melon, grapes, apple and a few blueberries for good measure

Supper:
Rice, mushy peas, (my mum wanted fish and chips but I didn't fancy anything but peas) cucumber and prawns. Sounds weird, but was nice and plain. A salad with rice. Just what I wanted.

Snacks:
3 mini babybel lights (HEa)
Hifi bar (HEb)

I did, however, find out that dulce de leche is 3 syns per tbsp. That is 3 syns VERY well spent, so think I may have some this weekend in some porridge. Or maybe just on the spoon.

Last edited:
Ahaha... I had vowed to have more syns, but just managed 1.5 today. Feeling a little crappy for some reason. Probably the last few weeks catching up with me! And the anticipation of a weekend sans work interruptions! X

I definitely plan to this weekend! If I get the syns down and they are any good when I've altered the recipe, I'll post it for sure x

julesm said:
Mmmm dulce de leche on a spoon!! Great stuff, enjoy! I have some in my fridge I should really have some too! X

You should definitely have some! Spending my syns on wine today so will have to have some another day! X

Back