The diary of a (not so-Little)Sausage

Thank you! I totally get the logic behind the syns... I just feel at the moment that I'd rather try and minimise them. I spent all of Christmas and New Year synning! This is almost like a detox. And I'm so in to all the free and superfree foods at the moment!

Supper tonight was spaghetti with homemade pasta sauce: frylight, onions, tomatoes, peppers and oregano. I put in a tbsp of 0% Total Greek yoghurt, too, which was delicious.

Maybe someone can help me: the Total 0% Greek yoghurt is not in the starter booklet with syns. It has low fat Greek yoghurt (100g is 1 syn) but not the fat free one. I calculated 0.5 syn for a tbsp. Does that sound right?

X

Good news hun, the Total 0% yogurt is totally free!!XXXXXX

So I didn't make the 12 speed soup as, like Old Mother Hubbard, my cupboards were bare. I decided to cook a couple of chicken breasts and a few chopped up rashers of bacon, add some 0% total Greek and some marmite and have with pasta. DISASTER! The bacon I picked up from the shop was unsmoked, (eugh) the chicken was raw in the middle and it was just so disappointing. I served with carrots, which I ate all of, and picked at the pasta before giving the rest to the dogs who didn't seem to mind it. So, I've ended up having 2 slices of bread (small loaf) and had to syn it as I had Scan Brans with my (lovely!) veg at lunch and counted that as my HE-B. And then had a muller light.

Definitely a cr*p way to end the working week. So disappointed as I'm generally pretty handy in the kitchen. Am putting it down to being exhausted this week and just want to kick myself.

Eugh.

Scan bran aren't too nice eh...I found it was like chewing cardboard :s

It's not too crap an end, try and think positively...you've done great all week and so two little pieces of bread as syns isn't a huge disaster. I did a similar thing last week, was making sw roasties but dropped the mesh tray I was using and over half fell off, I burnt my quorn burger and underdone the carrots...wasn't amused, lol.

Hope you have a better weekend x

TheMissus said:
Scan bran aren't too nice eh...I found it was like chewing cardboard :s

It's not too crap an end, try and think positively...you've done great all week and so two little pieces of bread as syns isn't a huge disaster. I did a similar thing last week, was making sw roasties but dropped the mesh tray I was using and over half fell off, I burnt my quorn burger and underdone the carrots...wasn't amused, lol.

Hope you have a better weekend x

Thanks! Needed a little positivity. Just so annoyed with myself and am exhausted after a stressful week.

Thanks! Needed a little positivity. Just so annoyed with myself and am exhausted after a stressful week.

I'm sure even Jamie Oliver and Nigella have kitchen disasters from time to time!! You're experimenting a bit with recipes at the moment- nothing wrong with that! They can't all be fantastic but when they are you'll feel pleased as punch!!X

Thanks, Funcurls! It's so nice to have a bit of positivity!

My knee has been unbearably painful today so didn't get up til late. Had some tuna and baked beans for 'lunch' and after going to the supermarket I'm making turkey stir fry for supper!

X

After a rubbish start to the day, am feeling a bit better about today. Today's food:

Lunch:
Baked beans
Small tin of tuna
2 slices of wholemeal bread (HE-b)

Supper:
Turkey stirfry
Muller light

Also had 3 gherkins.

Definitely haven't eaten much but feel totally satisfied so won't need anything else!

Tomorrow I plan on making the 12 Speed soup so that I have plenty to take to work for lunch. I have been quite looking forward to my first weigh in but, now Monday is almost imminent, I seem to be nervous about it. I know that I have been really good this week, but the what-ifs seem to have taken hold. What if I haven't lost any weight at all? What if everything I've done is for nothing? I suppose this is where my lack of confidence is going to manifest. I'm really hoping that losing weight is going to give me back the confidence I once had.

Look at me... The last couple of posts here have been totally miserable and all "woe is me". So unlike me! I'm putting it down to being exhausted. Tomorrow will be better!

X

Hey chicky

Your doing so well,

When is your first weigh in and what is your ideal weight I would love to be 11 st but I'm aiming at 13st ( to be realastic really ) so I am 3st 9 lbs to lose which to me seems in possible but I am determind to be able to take me boyfriends eyes of the screen when rhianna is on by may,

Roll on the slimmer me and you xxxxx

liliamiee said:
Hey chicky

Your doing so well,

When is your first weigh in and what is your ideal weight I would love to be 11 st but I'm aiming at 13st ( to be realastic really ) so I am 3st 9 lbs to lose which to me seems in possible but I am determind to be able to take me boyfriends eyes of the screen when rhianna is on by may,

Roll on the slimmer me and you xxxxx

Thanks, liliamiee! My ideal weight at the end would be 10.5st - such a long way to go! Interim target would be about 14st. First weigh in is Monday. Argh!

Roll on the slimmer me and you, indeed! Wooo!

Xxxx

Please let me no how you get on, by the sounds of it I think your going to be really pleased aswell as the first week being the best in weight loss yours will be dramatic,
I'm going into my second week of sw and ive lost 8 lbs , I larveeeee. EE

Happy slimming xxx

liliamiee said:
Please let me no how you get on, by the sounds of it I think your going to be really pleased aswell as the first week being the best in weight loss yours will be dramatic,
I'm going into my second week of sw and ive lost 8 lbs , I larveeeee. EE

Happy slimming xxx

8lb is incredible! Well done! I hope mine is as good as that!

Xxx

I agree! I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised!! But I just want to add that even if the first loss is disappointing (which I'm sure yours won't be!!) it doesn't matter because it's the long haul that counts! I'm talking from personal experience because after being 100% perfect in my first week I only lost 1 1/2 lb when other people around me were losing 4-8 lb! I was really gutted and didn't have a big loss (4lb) until my 4th week- it's always been a funny pattern for me and it's never worked logically!! My point is that you'll lose lots of weight and get to target by sticking to it in the long term and we shouldn't judge our losses by individual weeks! It took me a long term to realise that after many weeks of disappointment XXXXXXXX Good luck, I really can't wait to see how you do!X

Very full after that delicious 12 speed stew and rice, so had a muller light and really don't feel like any chocolate now! Very odd, as I've been looking forward to it all week. Can't be a bad thing!

4 satsumas
12 speed stew with rice
Muller light
Coffee with a splash of whole milk and 2 sugars (which felt so naughty! Sunday is the only day my first coffee is sweet and whole-milky!)

X

X

Hiya lil sausage :) well done on stickin to the plan so far :) I'm sure ur weigh in will be great! I was just wondering if I could poss have the recipe for the 12 speed stew? Thanks hun xxxxx

Well done love, sounds like you are doing ace so far :D x

Hiya lil sausage :) well done on stickin to the plan so far :) I'm sure ur weigh in will be great! I was just wondering if I could poss have the recipe for the 12 speed stew? Thanks hun xxxxx

Hi Maria! Thanks for your post :)
The link to the stew (originally a soup) is here: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=154075921288463&topic=177

I didn't use mixed bean salad, or green beans. I fried a roughly chopped onion in Frylight, added a tin of each or green lentils, haricot beans, black eyed beans and butter beans plus a haandful of split lentils. 2 tins of chopped tomatoes, 2 tins of baked beans, 2 packets of Sainsbury's Basics casserole veg (has carrots, leaks and swede) and 2 stock cubes - plus some fresh sage, bay leaves and parsley. Enough water from the kettle to cover it all, bring to the boil and then I simmered (lid off) for about 2 hours so it was quite reduced, and not a soup. It was excellent!

x

Thanks to everyone for your support! Weigh-in looms closer... Argh!

Thanks hun I will try it and let u no xxxx :) ps wens ur weigh in xxx

Thanks hun I will try it and let u no xxxx :) ps wens ur weigh in xxx

Tonight! 7pm is my group, so will get there a little early so that I can get in line at the start :)

Will post here straight after!

Back