The diary of a (not so-Little)Sausage

9.5 syns is fab, glad you're feeling better...brave with the prunes! :p

TheMissus said:
9.5 syns is fab, glad you're feeling better...brave with the prunes! :p

Haha! The prunes were a last ditch attempt and they worked! Feel so much better today!

Mmmm... Lovely supper tonight. Potato wedges and fried eggs (both cooked with frylight) and loads of broccoli and carrots. Tasted delicious and it was, as far as I can tell, free on EE. Can anyone tell me different?

Mmmm... Lovely supper tonight. Potato wedges and fried eggs (both cooked with frylight) and loads of broccoli and carrots. Tasted delicious and it was, as far as I can tell, free on EE. Can anyone tell me different?

Nope! That's free :D Don't you just LOVE SW? xXx

Boing-a-roo said:
Nope! That's free :D Don't you just LOVE SW? xXx

Woohoo!!! Thanks! And well done on your amazing loss, Boing-a-roo!!

Hey Little Saus, just thought I would drop in and say hi. Seems like you are doing really well so far. Glad you are loving SW as much as I do!!

Good luck for this week and for gobbling up all those yummy syns!

Jules x

Woohoo!!! Thanks! And well done on your amazing loss, Boing-a-roo!!

Thank you Little Sausage! (Still think that's the cutest name I ever heard lol) xXx

Boing-a-roo said:
Thank you Little Sausage! (Still think that's the cutest name I ever heard lol) xXx

Thanks, Boing-a-roo! It's a nickname my friend Harry gave me at Uni. I'm definitely not little, but it seems to have stuck!

Arrgh I can't believe I missed your diary here. I've been looking for you in food diaries and didn't look here. You must think I'm so rude.

I think you and I need to plan our week menus ahead of time to avoid looking for things to cook at the last minute. So I'm going to try and have a proposed menu for next week done on Saturday - care to join me? :)

Remember to look at things over a period of time not just a week and remember also that you are doing brilliantly well.

xxx

Well, food-wise today has been good:

Breakfast:
Pineapple, banana, Muller light
Coffee with skimmed milk (HEa)

Lunch:
Salad with baby spinach, cucumber, chicken, 1 1/2 slices of leerdammer light (4.5 syns) and dressing (2 syns)
Muller light

Supper:
12 speed stew (it made such a lot!) with spaghetti and loads of extra carrots
Hifi bar (HEb)

Snacks:
Multiple satsumas!!

Check me out with my syns!

Work has been crazy. This morning things came to a head and by midday I thought I was going to have a breakdown. This week really can't end soon enough. I'm 26 and my life revolves around work at the moment. When I'm not in the office I'm on call, even on holidays. I love what I do, but it stresses me out when things are as hectic as they have been!

This weekend I'm planning some Body Magic on my Wii, and I have a lot of wool to dye before my first wool show at the end of February so will try and get a lot done this weekend! But, playing with soft, squishy wool and painting it pretty colours will be the perfect thing to chill me out :)

Huzzah for the squishy!

Breakfast:
Banana, Muller light
Coffee x 3 with milk (1.5 syns)

Lunch:
Baked potato, tuna with dressing mixed in (2 syns) and 1.5 slices of light Leerdammer (HEa) and carrots and broccoli.

Supper:
Baked courgettes and tomatoes with 2 boiled eggs and ham.
Hifi bar (HEb)

Really sh*tty day at work. So glad it's the weekend.

ETA feeling so sorry for myself I'm going to have another Hifi bar (6 syns). Hah. Take THAT, bad day.

Total syns: 9.5

Last edited:
I had a bad day at work today too. I've noticed a lot of other people saying that too. At least it's not just us! It must be the time of year! Screw you bad days!! We won't let you get us down!

By the way is leerdammer light nice? Sounds so yum. Think I'll get some at the shops this weekend! Thankyou little sausage (agree with earlier ppl what a cute name!!)

Arrgh I can't believe I missed your diary here. I've been looking for you in food diaries and didn't look here. You must think I'm so rude.

I think you and I need to plan our week menus ahead of time to avoid looking for things to cook at the last minute. So I'm going to try and have a proposed menu for next week done on Saturday - care to join me? :)

Remember to look at things over a period of time not just a week and remember also that you are doing brilliantly well.

xxx

You are SOOO right RRH!! You've hit the nail on the head there! I have learned not to stress about individual weeks and basically look at progress over a month, sometimes even more! It's about changes in our overall behaviour/habits, not what we didn't do right one particular week! Although sometimes we will sabotage certain weeks, as long as we make up for it other weeks we'll see progress!X

Red Riding Hood said:

xxx

You are so right, RRH. I will definitely join you! Today I plan to sit down and plan some meals for the rest of the week. I'm not going shopping until Thursday (payday! My brother crashing in to some poor guy's BMW has left me super poor) but I'll be rooting around in my freezer and cupboards and making a plan. If I can get quite a but of cooking done over the weekend that'd be a help. It means no cooking from scratch seeing as I don't get back from work til after 7 on a good day.. Here's to planning the week's meals ahead! Xx

Jules and Funcurls, thanks for your words of encouragement! That is just what I needed after last week!

And, Jules, the Leerdammer Lighterlife is really nice, if you like Leerdammer! Also world out that approx 1.5 slices is a HEb. Must say, though, I'm more satisfied with processed cheese triangles right now. They're saltier, which I have been craving!

Xx

Ohhhhh yeah. Yum. Triangles are one of the many Slimming World foods that I now have to buy double of because my boyfriend fricking loves them.

Thanks for the tip on the Leerdammer. I am excited about having some in a nice sarnie, although we've decided we have to do a "cheap shop" this week due to being actually brassic until Friday so might have to wait til next week!

julesmorris said:
Ohhhhh yeah. Yum. Triangles are one of the many Slimming World foods that I now have to buy double of because my boyfriend fricking loves them.

Thanks for the tip on the Leerdammer. I am excited about having some in a nice sarnie, although we've decided we have to do a "cheap shop" this week due to being actually brassic until Friday so might have to wait til next week!

Ditto on both counts! My brother eats all my triangles! And i'm waiting til payday on thursday to go shopping :)

You are so right, RRH. I will definitely join you! Today I plan to sit down and plan some meals for the rest of the week. I'm not going shopping until Thursday (payday! My brother crashing in to some poor guy's BMW has left me super poor) but I'll be rooting around in my freezer and cupboards and making a plan. If I can get quite a but of cooking done over the weekend that'd be a help. It means no cooking from scratch seeing as I don't get back from work til after 7 on a good day.. Here's to planning the week's meals ahead! Xx

I was lucky enought to do the BIG shop today and got lots in so I'm going to plan it all out. Got lots of quorn in too and fruit and veg so I'm all set to plan. I have it half done as I based the shopping on it. I'll have to alter it slightly as some things weren't available.

I hope your weekend is improving on your crappy days at work? xx

Thanks Jules and Red for your messages. I just popped in over the weekend but didn't write anything here.

Wondering if last week's stress is what made me feel grotty all weekend. I just did not feel like doing anything at all and felt hungover, though I've not touched a drop in WEEKS. Argh. Consumption was not much to write home about, but I'll but it here anyway:

Saturday:
Breakfast: Coffee with milk (part of HEa) and 2tsp sugar (2 syns) and a satsuma
Lunch: a Krisproll with a Laughing Cow Light triangle (part of HEa + 2 syns)
Supper: baked veg and 2 1/2 hard boiled eggs plus a Hifi bar (6 syns)

Sunday:
Breakfast: Coffee with milk (HEa) and 2tsp sugar (2 syns) and a satsuma
Supper: Chilli with rice, (est. 1 syn for tomato puree) loads of veg, 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HEb) and a Hifi bar (6 syns).

Can you tell the weekend was all a bit, meh? Maybe it's the January Blues. Weigh in tonight and would LOVE a decent loss.

Back