The diary of a (not so-Little)Sausage

funcurls said:
Another great loss!! Very well done chick!! Nothing wrong with 5.5lb in 3 weeks!! Keep that rate up and you'll be seeing the losses adding up to stones before you know it!!X

8lb in three weeks! Can't update my sig til tomorrow as the iPhone app won't let me. Woohoo!

Aha!! I thought it was more than 5.5 but didn't want to comment incase I was wrong!! Well that's incredible progress then!! Really pleased for you!! Not long at all before your stone award!! That will feel great!XXX

Well done LittleSausage! Must try the lemon curd and quark idea, having said that not sure I would be in control if I had a jar of lemon curd lurking in the fridge! X

Jane R said:
Well done LittleSausage! Must try the lemon curd and quark idea, having said that not sure I would be in control if I had a jar of lemon curd lurking in the fridge! X

Haha! You should definitely try it! It was so good. I'm planning on picking some up today. Perfect for a sweet fix! X

Monday January 31st

Breakfast:
Melon, mango and grape fruit salad, peach Activia snackpot (0.5 syn)
Coffee with skimmed milk (HEa)

Lunch:
Baked courgettes and mushrooms and Activia snackpot

Supper:
Spaghetti and meatballs
Hifi bar

So pleased with having lost over half a stone since starting 3 weeks ago! It really made me feel great. Here's to the next half stone! Would LOVE to have lost about 15lb in total by the end of February. It should be doable, I think.

Food for today:

Breakfast:
Melon, mango and grape fruit salad, peach Activia snackpot (0.5 syn)
Coffee with skimmed milk (HEa)

Lunch:
Salad with spinach leaves, baby Santorini tomatoes, cucumber, chicken and butternut squash.

Supper:
Spanish omelette served with broccoli. Although, this is subject to change depending on what time I get home!

Well done Little Sausage, you are doing so well and you have picked up so many tips in such a short time, I've learnt so much from you! In fact today I am having some Leerdammer Light for lunch and if I get time will stop by Saino's for some Quark and lemon curd!!!

Another thing I like with Quark is if you make some cheesy potato skins, get some pickled red chillis, chop them up (seeds n all if you are a badass like me heh!) then mix them with quark, it makes a lovely spicy sour cream-esque dip for your pot skins!

Defo think you could do the same again in Feb, there's a February challenge floating about http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/189898-feb-challenge.html, you should join! xxxx

Well done Little Sausage, you are doing so well and you have picked up so many tips in such a short time, I've learnt so much from you! In fact today I am having some Leerdammer Light for lunch and if I get time will stop by Saino's for some Quark and lemon curd!!!

Another thing I like with Quark is if you make some cheesy potato skins, get some pickled red chillis, chop them up (seeds n all if you are a badass like me heh!) then mix them with quark, it makes a lovely spicy sour cream-esque dip for your pot skins!

Defo think you could do the same again in Feb, there's a February challenge floating about http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/189898-feb-challenge.html, you should join! xxxx

Thanks, chica! I'm definitely going to be more adventurous with the Quark... it's so versatile. I may even try some baking on the weekend!

That's great Little Sausage you are doing so well :woohoo::woohoo::wee:

I like some of these Quark ideas. I totally miss out not doing a group so I'll have to rely on you to pass on your tips ;)

Good work sweetie, here's to another good week x

Red Riding Hood said:
That's great Little Sausage you are doing so well :woohoo::woohoo::wee:

I like some of these Quark ideas. I totally miss out not doing a group so I'll have to rely on you to pass on your tips ;)

Good work sweetie, here's to another good week x

Thank you so much, sugarplum! Promise I'll pass on any more tips I get! Xx

Hey you! Thanks!

The quark ideas were so simple. Add some lemon curd and it tastes just like lemon cheesecake! Options hot choc sachets make it like a chocolate pud, and if you whipped it I bet it would be more mousse like. And with a tbsp of sweet chilli sauce it makes a really good dip! Xx

Yes Quark is great!! Which reminds me I haven't bought it for a while!! For a really nice cheesecake topping mix it with sweetener and an Options Wicked White chocolate sachet! Lovely with a ginger nut base and strawberries on top (there was a recipe in an old SW mag that involved making strawberry jelly and putting that on top!X

Breakfast: melon, mango and grape fruit salad, Activia snackpot
Three coffees with a splash of skimmed milk (1.5 syns)

Lunch: salad with spinach leaves, chicken, tomatoes, cucumber and 1tbsp peri peri hot sauce (est 2 syns)

Supper: potato skins (with quark, spring onions and asda meat free Cumberland sausages x 1.5 = 1.5 syns) served with lettuce and cucumber salad. Lowlow cheddar (HEa) on top and quark and sweet chilli dip (estimate 3 syns to be safe)

Snacks: banana, satsuma and Hifi bar (HEb)

Syns: 8

Work today has been horrific. I've never known anything like it and it's making me feel totally meh. Eugh.

Last edited:
Thanks, guys! They were really good. Would do them without the dip next time though.

I can't describe how bad work has been. I wanted to just walk out earlier. I honestly love my job, but things have been awful over the last few weeks. So much to do, a huge fiscal responsibility and then to not be taken seriously by counterparts because I'm not a middle aged man is so frustrating.

Enough moaning for one evening. Hope you all had a good day?! Xx

Aw Sausage (so funny I use that as a term of endearment for my children and it's your user name), you are having a tough time at work right now. Must be hard being in such a make dominiated environment. I'm sorry it's all so crap.

Potato skins sound wonderful.

Back