The diary of a (not so-Little)Sausage

Oooh, you two have me totally confused! This was a sandwich I made at home as I could not be bothered to cook... I have 'proper' (wholemeal) and have absolutely no idea why I didn't use that - kicking myself now! And, honestly, the rye bread WAS NOT EVEN NICE. What a waste of syns.

Thanks for your kind words, Fayhamy! My weigh-in day is Monday, so I still have a good few days to right the wrongs of that damn rye bread. It's going to haunt me!

I am SO EXCITED about getting the new Davina DVD tomorrow! I know I won't have a chance to use it before Saturday, but I can't wait! Funcurls has really got me going :)

There is nothing more frustrating than eating something that isnt even that nice and then discovering it has loads of syns! This happened to me last week, couldnt get an alpen bar in the shop I was in so bought go ahead yoghurt covered biscuit 7 blooming syns would rather have had a bar of chocolate!!

Word of advice - throw out the rye bread its hurting our brains!!!

Breakfast:
Fruit salad (melon, grapes, mango) and Activia yoghurt

Lunch:
Jacket potato with spinach and tomato salad and some turkey

Supper:
Homemade veg soup! All superfree apart from one potato.

Having not yet been shopping, (tomorrow! Woohoo!) Suppers have been pretty unimaginative. I do, however, like using what I have in the fridge and freezer. I also plan to defrost my freezer and chuck out anything that has been in there for absolutely ages. That is going to be a monster task.

I plan on sitting down this evening and finishing the meal plan (thanks, Red!) that I started over the weekend. Then, I will plan my shopping around that. I think organisation is the key!

Last edited:
lol - you should have a little burning ceremony too, and write it a letter (which you can cast into the fire) to completely dispel the demons of Rye bread. ;)

Dispel the demons of Rye bread... love it! x

Organisation definitely helps. I have loads of stuff in at the moment and have no excuses to not stick to it. What I don't have in syns food - so haven't had any really for a few days.
I too have a fridge full to try and concoct new things from and my freezer is filling up with excess meals from the past week or so.

Sad as it is - I really like planning out my meals and looking through recipe books etc to get new ideas.

Sad as it is - I really like planning out my meals and looking through recipe books etc to get new ideas.

Well, if you're sad, so am I... I love recipe books and have loads of them! Now it's going to be a big task to go through and pick out some recipes that I can make SW friendly... I'm guessing that Nigella and Pioneer Woman are out of the question, what with the incredible amounts of butter, but I'll definitely be having ago at some others!

julesmorris said:
Cook Yourself Thin is great! Most of the recipes are more or less already SW. You can get it for SUPER cheap on Amazon Marketplace!

Thanks! I'll definitely look that up tomorrow. Loved the tv show!

I think my willpower is most definitely improving, what with not having any of the chocolate my mum ate this evening, or partaking in the McDonalds that I had to pick up for my brother! I feel positively virtuous.

Breakfast:
Banana, two satsumas and a Muller light
3 coffees with a splash of skimmed milk (half of HEa)

Lunch:
Baked potato with spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes and broccoli. Plus 1tbsp salad dressing (I'll say 2 syns to be safe)

Supper:
SW wedges with baked beans, mushrooms (I heart mushrooms) and 3 laughing cow extra light triangles (half of HEa)

Work is absolutely exhausting at the moment. Feeling totally demotivated and really wish I could get my mojo back. Christmas seems like a million years ago. Eugh.

Pinkie1973 said:
What go you do for a job little sausage? Well done on the willpower btw. :)

Hi Pinkie... Thanks for topping by :) officially, I'm the 'European Operations Manager' for a US trading company. Logistical stuff. In reality, I've also become the company expert (hah!) in European chemical legislation and tax implications. A general lackey, basically. Plus, the industry is so male dominated that people don't take me seriously, don't follow instructions and then the repercussions are all on my head. I should stop complaining, especially as there are so many people who can't even find a job, but the 3hr daily commute and 13 hours a day in the office are starting to get to me. No doubt things'll get better soon! I really like the feeling of control I have at the moment, having joined SW, even if it is just my diet!

As for willpower, it was sorely tested today with the smell of a million syns in a paper bag!

Oh yes that is a long day. Plus when you're good and do the hours etc people start to put upon you. That's a tough commute, I do something similar. Play a lot of sudoku, I'd read more but I'm too tired. I really hope it eases up for you soon. But know what you mean about bring grateful. I think employers abuse that sometimes tho.

Thank goodness it's Friday! Have been looking forward to the weekend so much. Tomorrow I'm getting up early to work out with Davina before everyone else wakes up :)

Breakfast:
Two bananas, Activia snackpot
Coffees with skimmed milk (HEa)

Lunch:
Jacket potato with chicken, spinach leaves, mushrooms 1tbsp dressing (2 syns)
Activia snackpot peach (1syn)

Supper:
Went to the chippy! Had a large cod, (removed all the batter so it was FREE!) mushy peas and half a small portion of chips (have to look up the syn value in my book, so will have to update this later). 8.25 syns! Absolutely delicious, and I didn't miss the batter at all! The dogs loved it, though :)

Total syns: 11.25

Last edited:
Yep it's free! I did it once, bought a cod then took the batter off and had it with mushy peas and SW chips that were in the oven while I went to the chippy. It was great but not so great for bf who ate his fish and my batter, he thought he was going to be sick, serves him right for being so greedy!

Argh. I typed a really long message here last night and then my iPhone died and it disappeared. Yesterday was quite headachy. * week, so I hope it doesn't affect my weigh in too much. I didn't get up early for my date with Davina, but rescheduled for late last night! Boy, is she a hard taskmaster!

Eating was kind of sporadic throughout the day and I just ha a few satsumas and a banana until supper, when I had baked fish and roasted new potatoes (with frylight!) with mushroom and some savoy cabbage with some quark and garlic/herb philadelphia stirred through it. Think I'll have to estimate 4 syns for the philly to be safe. No HEa, but a Hifi bar as a HEb after supper.

Went shopping and got plenty of stuff, so tonight I'm planning to make a lasagne. I think I'll also make the Swedish meatballs recipe from the SW magazine booklet this month for supper during the week. Will be tweaking my meal plan this morning so that I can make a head start today!

Last edited:
Back