The diary of a (not so-Little)Sausage

Pinkie1973 said:
How are you feeling now?

Feeling much better, thanks Pinkie. I think it's just stress and tiredness. I'm sure after a good sleep things will seem a lot better. X

Updated today's food diary with a whole 8 syns worth of alcohol! I totally plan on sleeping tonight.

Sorry I missed the boat on your diary a bit today Sausage. Hope you're feeling better and sleeping soundly after a wee tipple! :)

Well done you

Hey LS, great news on the start of your journey. This is only week 2 for me (week 1 was a write off as I didn't go) thought I'd put on instead of lost and week 2 didn't stay for class. I'm embarrassed and sad that I can't let people know how much I eat AND drink. I feel like they're going to judge me. I hope that things are better for you

Last edited:
fat&frightened said:
Hey LS, great news on the start of your journey. This is only week 2 for me (week 1 was a write off as I didn't go) thought I'd put on instead of lost and week 2 didn't stay for class. I'm embarrassed and sad that I can't let people know how much I eat AND drink. I feel like they're going to judge me. I hope that things are better for you

Hey hey f&f. Don't be scared or ashamed. Most definitely no one here will judge you. And they won't at class either. Put a diary up if you feel comfortable. I found it really useful as people help out if they spot you're going wrong. If not, just read and post on other peoples diaries until you feel comfortable.

So how did you get on at wi then? This is a great diet btw if you're like many of us, and have huge appetites. Xx

Updated today's food diary with a whole 8 syns worth of alcohol! I totally plan on sleeping tonight.
Hello chick!

What about the other 7 syns then?- you going teetotal or something lol.

Just passing by to say hello:D

Steve

PS I'm exactly 12st and easily fitting my 34 jeans. (I was 17st 7lb when i booked this holiday last August. First time I've stuck to anything in my life! Florida to come on May 1st and just 10 lousy lbs from target.

PM Mickey and tell him I'm on my way:p

Had a headache all last week, which turned in to a migraine on Thursday afternoon and finally departed this morning. Normal service will resume tomorrow when, hopefully, I will feel less as if my head is full of cotton wool. Hope everyone had a great weekend x

Had a headache all last week, which turned in to a migraine on Thursday afternoon and finally departed this morning. Normal service will resume tomorrow when, hopefully, I will feel less as if my head is full of cotton wool. Hope everyone had a great weekend x

Aww sausage, how horrible! Sorry to hear you have been going through that! I've never suffered with migraines but have friends who do and I know how horrific and debilitating they are for people! Glad it's passed now though!X

Hope this week is a better week for you.

Gail x

Thanks, all, for your kind messages. Yesterday was hectic, so didn't have a chance to post. Fortunately, headache definitely seems to be on its way out (although, * week again! It's got to be stress that's causing my hormones to go INSANE) so I can look at the computer screen for more than a couple of minutes today...

Monday
Breakfast:
Fresh pineapple, Shape zero yoghurt
3 coffees with skimmed milk (HEa)

Lunch:
Roasted vegetables with some cooked chicken

Supper:
Melon, mango and pineapple slices
Baby new potatoes, sweetcorn and crab sticks with Hellmans lighter than light mayo (probably about 2tbsp, but will syn it at 2 just in case)
Hifi bar (HEb)

Don't think I food optimised supper very well, although I did get my superfree in with the fruit beforehand... It was also a case of chucking a few things I like on a plate as I was really hungry and didn't want to ruin any hard work by eating rubbish because I couldn't be bothered to cook at 8.30pm! It was ok, definitely edible, although it wouldn't be my meal of choice... But, I lost 3.5lb last night! I am now down 1 1/2 stone exactly and it feels amazing. I don't feel any lighter and, to be honest, I'm not having to rush out to buy new clothes (which is a good thing) but I know that the weight is coming off. And it's sustainable, which should make keeping it off easier. Yay! I may even meet my March challenge of 7lb (only 2lb needed next week, which I hope is doable).I have such a lot to lose that it is extremely daunting and, sometimes, overwhelming. Making smaller targets is definitely helping, though, and my Club 10 target is now in sight. I'm taking part in the 12 week challenge at group and, so far, have a total loss of 10.5lb since the end of February. Not bad going, I reckon. I am so incentivised to keep going.

Today's food:

Breakfast:
Fruit salad, (melon, mango, grapes) mango Activia snackpot
3 coffees with skimmed milk (HEa)

Lunch:
Salad (lettuce/cucumber/tomato) with edamame bean salad (3 syns for the sweet chilli sauce - there is probably no more than a tbsp, but I have nothing at work to measure it with)

Supper:
Oriental baked salmon and prawns with rice and salad
Activia snackpot
Hifi bar (HEb)

Not entirely sure what to do for supper tonight, but I think it may be the nice oriental salmon with Udon noodles or rice. I don't have any Pak Choi in, but will probably superfree it up by adding loads of peppers and maybe some thinly sliced courgettes.

Hope everyone had a great start to the week yesterday... I'll be getting around to diaries very shortly!

x

Last edited:
Wow Well done Little Sausage, that is fantastic!!! 1.5 stone is amazing, did you get your certificate and sticker? You've done so well.

I have teas like yours all the time. The only problem of SW is that there aren't many options for things if you really just need to chuck something together quick - unless you have a HEB left for beans on toast, or don't mind eating microwaved jacket potatoes! But you did well in the circumstances if you ask me! Also I think you did get your superfree in with the fruit - I think it's good that you ate it first, as some people have pointed out, it's a bit silly to do the third superfree rule if you're forcing some fruit or veg down AFTER eating the main meal!

Anyway, sorry to hear about your nightmare * week and business at work etc. You're doing fab to keep going.

Hasta luego guapísima!

Thanks, Jules! The weight loss is definitely happening, although it is a LOT slower than others... not entirely sure why, as I tend to stick to the plan rigidly! Red's loss of 3 stone in almost the same amount of time is awesome. I'd love to speed up my weight loss but, right now, I don't have the time to exercise.

Talking of exercise, I was REALLY put off going to the gym after being a member at my old gym. They were so rude and unhelpful, and the layout meant you have to walk through the weights section full of men in vests who sneer at anyone who isn't skinny as they walk through. Really unpleasant. I have heard, however, that a new gym has opened in our local college, and that not only are the facilities amazing, but they also have a Zumba class 3 times a week. I'm very tempted to become a member there, and will probably join in a couple of weeks once the financial year has ended and things settle a little. I'm extremely self conscious, though, which is something that has always put me off. Hopefully I can get over that.

I think your weight loss is really good! Losing 1.5 stone since January is AWESOME! Apparently the normal rate of weight loss is between 1-2 lb per week! And Red has done fantastically but I think she is a particularly fast loser - I don't think I've seen many people on these forums who lose at that rate. There's a girl in my group who has lost 5 stone in like 25 weeks or something. People are different. If ever you feel like a slow coach look at my stats - you have lost more than me and I started in October!

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant gym experience - what a bunch of losers! I bet that gym will regret it soon when everyone jumps ship to the new gym that is not full of d*cks! I personally hate the gym, find it the most boring thing ever and have no motivation whatsoever to go to one so am always in awe of people who go to gyms so well done you!! I think Zumba sounds like an absolute hoot though and think I will get the Wii game. Or just go to the class that is about a 4.5 second walk from my house (see - that's how unmotivated I am!!!)

Another one that sounds fun is one my friend does. I think it's called aero mix or something like that. Apparently they turn all the lights off in the gym and put disco lights on then you do dance moves to chart hits and it's a real good laugh.

Yeah, I think it's all just an individual thing... and I am very chuffed with what I've lost so far, so am not knocking it! If I keep going at the rate I have been, I *could* be at target by the end of the year, or by New Year... now, THAT is an incredible thought! It is really motivating me to keep it up...

The new gym (recommended to me by a lovely lady at my SW group) sounds amazing, and I really think I will give it a go... Have never done a Zumba class, but would love to try it after playing it on the Xbox! However, it doesn't sound even half as cool as the disco-gym! That is AMAZING!

Back