The diary of a spod.

it sounds really interesting :D and yummy :( i want it to be close to christmas so i can eat something!! even something incredibly healthy. i just miss the act of eating!!

abz xx

Hi spod, sorry to hear your still not feeling the best, I can sympatise cuz I'm in the same boat, but thankfully its not affecting my appetite, are you taking painkillers to numb the pain of your throat?? You really should eat, cuz its the eating that helps our bodies recover, get some protein into you, I'm slowly but surely recovering by eating :p

Sorry to hear you arent feeling too good as well. I am taking painkillers but its caused problems cos it masks the pain and then I over did it with the trying to talk thing and that why my throat is hurting more again....
I am just not hungry today tho - I'm sure I will be tomorrow!

xx
I hope what you both have isnt catching cyberly!!!! :eek:
Positive get well thoughts sending your way cyberly though!!!!!;)

I hope what you both have isnt catching cyberly!!!! :eek:
Positive get well thoughts sending your way cyberly though!!!!!;)

:giggle: Clarri i'll have you know I sneeze away from the laptop :giggle: now we better ssssshhhh cuz spod is asleep its half one in the morning where she is :8855:

Sorry to hear you're still feeling rough hen. I know its disgusting but gargling a salt solution might help the throat. You're appetite will come back, prob the a/bs doing a bit of that to you too. Big (((((hugs)))) look after yourself and get plenty of rest. And tell that big lug of a hubby of mine to take a leaf out of your hubbies book. Hasn't bought me flowers in ages!!!!!

LOL! :8855: You lot make me smile you know!

Abz - its not so far from Christmas - then you can eat! woohoo! The food here is v. interesting esp as fruit and veg changes with the seasons too.

Clarri - Im not contagious now apparently - so you are safe! (but I will cough and sneeze away from the computer just in case) Thanks for the get well thoughts!

Lily - :giggle: that was funny! Time zone stuff is weird.

Janey - thanks for the hugs too. *Graeme! Get your arse in gear and buy Janey flowers - No, not from a garage - proper flowers from a florist (or one of those lovely bouqets Asda do - cos they are v. pretty too)* :D

Afternoon all! (or morning in your cases)

Hows everyone this fine and sunny morning?

My throat is actually feeling better. Not great, but a lot better than it was. Could actually speak to husband on the phone when he rang earlier. Still sore, still croaky but not half as bad - thank god!

Still no appitite though. Dont know where its gone! Drinking lots of tea & fruit juice, so I am being good with the fluids, but the thought of eating just makes me feel a bit iffy tbh. I think it might have been the noodles last night? I didnt really want them and only ate them because husband had brought them home for me - and then he was cross I only ate half...(so I explained I developing an eating disorder
and then he was ok with it :p)

Will have to make sure I eat something later but at the moment, I have no interest in eating slop. I want something crunchy!!! (but I know thats a mega bad idea and will hurt)

I am so crap at being ill!!

Anyway, better go and have a shower and get dressed (cos its nearly 1.30) and it will make me feel a bit more normal (and I wont look totally manky when husband comes home!)

I'm sure I will be back on here later tho....

xx

am glad you are feeling a bit better today honey. i don't know. these people that can EAT and then DON'T WANT TO. sounds like you should be on cd honey, ha.

abz xx

:giggle: hubby ok with eating disorder as excuse not to clear your plate :8855:I've rang my doc, I'm hoping to get stronger antibiotics cuz these don't seem to be hitting the spot :cool:

Abz - I would hate to be on CD, the thought of not eating and only drinking stuff would drive me barmy. Can you eat at all??

Lily - hope the stronger antibiotics sort you out!!

Ok, so voice was better and throat hurt less, but having talked to husband this afternoon my throat is really sore again. :(:mad: Have finished my antibiotics, so hopefully resting & not talking for the rest of the week will sort me out.

Still not eating.....I know that isnt good but I cant stand the thought of eating noodles (I can feel my throat closing up at the thought) and quite honestly that has put me off eating anything at all....

So today my diet has consisted of:

Breakfast: yakult and a glass of warm water. Took a multi vitimin tablet thing.
Lunch: nowt :sigh:
Dinner: nowt

Drinks: green tea, orange juice, apple juice, water & 1 mug of oveltine (lovely friend found it in our local supermarket and gave it to my husband at work to give to me).

I know its really, really bad, not to eat anything and if it was anyone elses diary I would be telling them its really, really bad. I'm sure I will be hungry tomorrow tho.

Watching Jamie Oliver at home on t.v. and can honestly say if he turned up with the sausage casserole thing he has just made & the apple pie, I wouldnt be able to eat it! (and I completely love sausages esp sausage casserole)

Will make myself eat something tomorrow whether I want to or not.
Am also going to force myself to go out and get some fresh air cos I havent been out in nearly a week (cos its been so cold), but if I wrap up warm, it will be fine!

Hope you are all having a good day

xx

PS Today I am wearing trousers I havent worn for 4 years!! (my husband has never seen me in them before - not that he has noticed!!)

Morning Spod
Good to hear you are feeling better. My ds home today with sore throat, so wonder have I been a carrier from here!!!!! lolololol!!!!

If its laryngitis, I will take full responsibility! ;)

xx

hey there honey. how about broth? surely you could manage that if it was just like a drink? i really think you should be trying to get something into yourself...

abz xx

Morning everyone,

Was v. naughty yesterday, so today I shall eat - even though I am still not hungry.

Going to have a shower & go out (getting dressed first - obviously) and get some fresh air and something nice to eat.

Looking on the bright side.....Scale hopper that I am - I weighed myself this morning and I am 79kg, which obviously I am really pleased about but I know its not the best way to best was to lose.

So eating today whether I want to or not...:sigh:

xx

i hope you feel better today honey. get something inside you. even if it's only something small every couple of hours. but hey. at least your weight has gone down. silver lining and all that, ha.

abz xx

Well, I have been out and about and now I am knackard and on a bit of a downer.

Husband called when I had just got out the shower and said did I want to meet him for lunch (he has a half day on Wednesday), so off I tootled to the local cafe / restaurant place we frequent cos it does bl**dy good coffee (and cocktails - not that I can drink spirits for a while) and I had a huge glass of freshly squeezed orange juice, carrot soup, a bowl of salad and some of the warm chocolate mousse.

So I have eaten. woohoo. :sigh:

A friend sent me some photos from when we went out a couple of weekends ago. I look absolutely huge. I know I have lost a lot of weight which is v. good but I am still 12 stone + and I am still really fat. I guess I have been kidding myself that I am actually starting to look ok - because I am obviously not. If I had seen the photos before I went out, I wouldnt have even considered eating the chocolate mousse.
I have got to lose this weight. I am fed up of looking like this. :sigh:

Just want my throat to get back to normal then I can start to do exercise again and speed it all up.

Might be feeling really down about it, but its made me more determined.

So food for today:

Between now (3pm) and dinner:
2 mugs of green tea
Dinner: chicken and rice
Snacks: nothing. nowt. not even a nibble of anything.
Drinks: lots of warm water. (cold is hurting my throat) warm water with orange.

Got to speed up this weight loss. Really cheesed off with being so huge. I know hind sight is a marvellous thing, but why didnt I do anything seriously about this before? Why has it taken me to hit nearly 15 stone to actually realise I needed to do something? I know it doesnt really matter cos now I am doing something and I have lost over 2 stone, but today I am asking myself - why on earth did I treat myself this way? Why didnt I make more of an effort to do something about it? Why didnt I make the effort to cook proper food? What went so wrong over the last ...... years that I could have sorted to ensure it doesnt happen again? because it worries me today that if its happened once - I want to be damn sure its not going to happen again. I dont ever want to be sitting here again feeling so disgusted with myself. :sigh:

Sorry - just venting!

Hope everyone is ok and having a good morning / day.

xx

oh honey. i hope that things pick up for you soon. but look at it this way. you ARE doing something about it. you have picked yourself up, decided you want to change things and you are. and that's a GOOD thing. what's past is past. you can't do anything about that. what you can do is look to your future and make valid choices and changes and you will be slim and healthy :) it's what i have to think about. i hit nearly 17 stone before i realised i really was huge. just huge. there was no other descriptive for me.

abz xx

Oh Megan (((((hug)))). Vent away, good for the soul and for your determination. you're not huge, but I know from myself when you see yourself in a certain way its hard to shake off sometimes. You are doing something now and I've asked myself all those questions too. How the hell I got to 18 9. But is past tense we will never be at that point again. We are all making changes positive ones. Life might get crappy sometimes but rising above it and moving on is what you are doing and big big CREDIT for you for doing it.

You are doing something now

But is PAST tense we will never be at that point again. We are all making changes positive ones. Life might get crappy sometimes but rising above it and moving on is what you are doing and big big CREDIT for you for doing it.

Spod, I agree with Janey, why are you spending time beating yourself over the past, ITS GONE and to me, there's no point wasting the present regretting the past, so in the future you can look back and regret today as well.

You were out, you had a nice lunch, you had a nice time, why not just enjoy that, and work forward with your losses :confused:

What you have to think Spod is that you look better now than you did at 15 stone and then think how much better you'll look at your target weight. You're doing great so keep it up.
I detest looking at pictures too because they remind me how bad I look.

Hope you're feeling better today

~Silence~

Back