The diary of El - Everyone Welcome :)

Yay on the self control. Feels good when you manage it doesn't it.

Im well chuffed with myself though I know I dont have self control all the time Im just glad I have it some of the time and then I can work at it from there! I have to say the support on here definatly helps I cant believe I never found this website before!!!

Hope your day is going well hun xxx

I do blot them but think its cos they deep fry them it soaks in, they are so good though!
Today so far so good thanks, off work today as I work alternate 5/4 day weeks which is lovely :) mike my bf just called to say he is bringing his friend home for lunch as they have the afternoon off to play golf and his friend has forgotten his lunch so I now have to go to shops to buy more eggs so there's enough for 3. Wasn't planning to move till after lunch, sob! Off to do the wifey thing then! Have a great day xx

I do blot them but think its cos they deep fry them it soaks in, they are so good though!
Today so far so good thanks, off work today as I work alternate 5/4 day weeks which is lovely :) mike my bf just called to say he is bringing his friend home for lunch as they have the afternoon off to play golf and his friend has forgotten his lunch so I now have to go to shops to buy more eggs so there's enough for 3. Wasn't planning to move till after lunch, sob! Off to do the wifey thing then! Have a great day xx

Darn it! Never mind, however I dont know what the weather is like near you but its blowing a gale round here and snowing to boot!

So far today:

Breakfast: Banana and strawberries
Snack: 3 x babybel lights HEXA
Lunch: Not sure yet..... suggestions?!

Aww i feel for you with the snow! I'm right down south halfway between Brighton and gatwick airport and we had the horrible snow last week. Not rubbing it in but its actually ok here today, not sunny but not raining and quite mild.
Having to go to shop turned out to be a good thing as I got more super free for my lunch :) x
Just seen this so might be too late for lunch suggestions but what do you have available? Are you home or work? Can you cook where you are or does it need to be grab and go? X

Hey E! Followed the link in your signature from another thread!
Loved reading your diary so far, keep it up! and everyone is so nice and supportive on here aren't they? it's great!

I will be sure to keep reading :)

Aww thats lovely thank you - im giving it a good go though i ate melon yesterday and it really didnt agree with me ive had stomach pains and a rock hard stomach since. I usually only get that with pineapple (along with feeling sick, a rash and going a bit faint - allergic!) so I guess im allergic to Melon too - wont be having that again I feel like poo!!!!

Hoping the whale effect goes by weigh in on Sunday xxx

Aww i feel for you with the snow! I'm right down south halfway between Brighton and gatwick airport and we had the horrible snow last week. Not rubbing it in but its actually ok here today, not sunny but not raining and quite mild.
Having to go to shop turned out to be a good thing as I got more super free for my lunch :) x
Just seen this so might be too late for lunch suggestions but what do you have available? Are you home or work? Can you cook where you are or does it need to be grab and go? X

Its more of a case of grab and go as my team and I are in a very very very small office and weve had to put the toaster and kettle on a cupboard! (H&S would have a field day) so Ive had a packet of savoury rice and I am finishing my strawberries.

Hoping I dont much on anything naughty, going to make that chilli for tea and then allow myself a syn or two of something nice!

Thanks for the suggestions though.

El x

Oh dear. Definitely no more melon then. Hope that feeling goes away soon! I always find feeling bad makes me want comfort food...if comfort cravings hit be careful! :)

Im trying......it bugs me though.....fruits supposed to be good for you !!!! :p

Citrus fruits are usually kinder on the tum and kiwi fruits and soft fruits and berries. Melons carry a lot of water so that's why you're be feeling bloated love. xxx

:)

I know how u feel. I can't eat bananas without feeling sick after...and eveyone raves about how good bananas are on a diet! :)

Oh no. I love bananas. They're filling too!!! X

Citrus fruits are usually kinder on the tum and kiwi fruits and soft fruits and berries. Melons carry a lot of water so that's why you're be feeling bloated love. xxx

ill be staying away from them from now on!!!! I've had some banana and strawberries today and don't feel any worse but my tummy is still hard :( xxx

Well despite the traffic and weather trying to sabotage my diet myself and my grumbling belly got home in 1 piece with a new windscreen no less after the lovely fellas in the garage leant me their work space to have my new one fitted following Mondays debacle. I ignored my noisy belly and made bean lasagne from a recipe a lovely lady put on here and were having it with slimming world chips. Hope it turns out ok. So far not eaten one syn today. Saving them for tonight if I'm hungry or a few drinky pops with my bestie tomorrow! X

Thank you Scarlett. You too xx

Well despite the traffic and weather trying to sabotage my diet myself and my grumbling belly got home in 1 piece with a new windscreen no less after the lovely fellas in the garage leant me their work space to have my new one fitted following Mondays debacle. I ignored my noisy belly and made bean lasagne from a recipe a lovely lady put on here and were having it with slimming world chips. Hope it turns out ok. So far not eaten one syn today. Saving them for tonight if I'm hungry or a few drinky pops with my bestie tomorrow! X

Mmmmmm bean lasagna sounds lovely :) you were lucky you weren't hurt with that brick and the windscreen :( was it thrown or did it just fall from something?. I know the grumbling tum-tum feel by the time I got home from SW class late this afternoon (had been out since 9am) and being on an original day I scoffed a packet of sandwich beef whilst making a turkey salad :D you did well to stave the pangs off love :)

Because Friday is my weigh in day the beauty of that is its the start of my new week and I've got 105 wonderful delicious syns for the weekend, so after my Friday night weekly food shop I immediately tick off 40 syns for half a bottle of good brandy, as long as I have that over the weekend I'm happy ;) I don't tend to use many syns Monday to Thursday and me using most of my syns over the weekend seems to be working. I might have chocolate or a take away tomorrow night and that will then leave me with about 30 syns for the week and works fine for me.

Let me know how the lasagna and chips went - hope you have a lovely evening chuck xxxxxxx

Mmmmmm bean lasagna sounds lovely :) you were lucky you weren't hurt with that brick and the windscreen :( was it thrown or did it just fall from something?. I know the grumbling tum-tum feel by the time I got home from SW class late this afternoon (had been out since 9am) and being on an original day I scoffed a packet of sandwich beef whilst making a turkey salad :D you did well to stave the pangs off love :)

Because Friday is my weigh in day the beauty of that is its the start of my new week and I've got 105 wonderful delicious syns for the weekend, so after my Friday night weekly food shop I immediately tick off 40 syns for half a bottle of good brandy, as long as I have that over the weekend I'm happy ;) I don't tend to use many syns Monday to Thursday and me using most of my syns over the weekend seems to be working. I might have chocolate or a take away tomorrow night and that will then leave me with about 30 syns for the week and works fine for me.

Let me know how the lasagna and chips went - hope you have a lovely evening chuck xxxxxxx

the lasagne was ok. Not my fab but it hit the spot. Might try adding some quorn next time just to change up the texture.

Mmmmm brandy!!!!! That sounds lovely especially given how cold it is up north!!!!

I think the brick came from the wheels of a truck. Just going past junction 30 on the m6 on my way home from work. It's happened before but luckily this time it didn't shatter my windscreen just made a mahoooosive chip and created a circle shaped crack all around it. Set me back £75 to fix mind u. Just annoys me when it wasn't my fault!!!!

well I was syn free today alllllll day so after my tea I had a tiny piece of cake from the christening and ended up not eating it all because I thought it was very dry so I just had the jammy bit in the middle. Can't have done that much harm.........I hope!!!!!

hope you're having a fab evening Lisa. This week coming onto minimins has been great. I feel like I've made friends already!!!! Xxx

Omg you had a brick through your windscreen?! I had no idea that's what happened - were you driving at the time? Glad you are ok anyhow and car is all better x

Yeah it was on my way home. Fast lane m6. Think it came from the wwheels of a truck as I was nowhere near a bridge. That's how they usually end up coming atcha! It's a legal requirement for truckers to check their wheels before they set off (my brother was a trucker for years) but some don't hence the crack!

ive had it happen before but luckily this time it didn't shatter completely !!

hows your Friday evening going Scarlett? Xx

Back