The diary of El - Everyone Welcome :)

the lasagne was ok. Not my fab but it hit the spot. Might try adding some quorn next time just to change up the texture.

Mmmmm brandy!!!!! That sounds lovely especially given how cold it is up north!!!!

I think the brick came from the wheels of a truck. Just going past junction 30 on the m6 on my way home from work. It's happened before but luckily this time it didn't shatter my windscreen just made a mahoooosive chip and created a circle shaped crack all around it. Set me back £75 to fix mind u. Just annoys me when it wasn't my fault!!!!

well I was syn free today alllllll day so after my tea I had a tiny piece of cake from the christening and ended up not eating it all because I thought it was very dry so I just had the jammy bit in the middle. Can't have done that much harm.........I hope!!!!!

hope you're having a fab evening Lisa. This week coming onto minimins has been great. I feel like I've made friends already!!!! Xxx

That must have been terrifying. I've had a small piece of metal hit my windscreen on an A road, making a big bang and a chip and I didn't like the experience at all. A brick on a motorway could have been a lot more serious, even if you'd flinched and gone out of your lane, it doesn't bear thinking about.

Well done for your mindful eating, to start on a slice of cake and then stop because it wasn't quite right is exactly the right thing to do. Sorry your tum doesn't like melon, it's such a good fruit to pad ot a fruit salad with as its a SS food, strawberries are too, do you get on with them?

My god how scary! Think I'd have pooed myself! Lol so classy :) so lucky it didn't hurt you though!

Mmmm cake, could devour an entire one right now given half the chance!

My evening is ok, having some wine, watching a cheesy 70s film that my mum lent me. Boyfriend is out at a lads poker night but said he wouldn't be too late as he was tired. Got a text about half hour ago saying they were only just starting the poker so doubt he will be home before about 2am! Get the sofa and tv to myself so can't complain, only annoying thing is I'm babysitting tomorrow night so not going to have an evening together this weekend. Long weekend next week though so will make up for it then. How about yours? What are you up to? X

That must have been terrifying. I've had a small piece of metal hit my windscreen on an A road, making a big bang and a chip and I didn't like the experience at all. A brick on a motorway could have been a lot more serious, even if you'd flinched and gone out of your lane, it doesn't bear thinking about.

Well done for your mindful eating, to start on a slice of cake and then stop because it wasn't quite right is exactly the right thing to do. Sorry your tum doesn't like melon, it's such a good fruit to pad ot a fruit salad with as its a SS food, strawberries are too, do you get on with them?

Yeah I am quite chuffed with myself for not eating the whole thing. Ive just realised ive had no HEXB's today so I am having a lovely milky coffee HEXA and two alpen light bars HEXB nom nom.

Strawberries I seem to fine with. Most fruits I am fine with to be honest just Pineapple and Melon!! Lord knows why but I am steering clear!!!

I was shocked when it hit my windscreen but I have had it happen before so I tried to stay calm and I do so much motorway driving it has come second nature really to be honest. If its not stones, rocks or half bricks its stupid idiots driving like maniacs!!!

xxx

My god how scary! Think I'd have pooed myself! Lol so classy :) so lucky it didn't hurt you though!

Mmmm cake, could devour an entire one right now given half the chance!

My evening is ok, having some wine, watching a cheesy 70s film that my mum lent me. Boyfriend is out at a lads poker night but said he wouldn't be too late as he was tired. Got a text about half hour ago saying they were only just starting the poker so doubt he will be home before about 2am! Get the sofa and tv to myself so can't complain, only annoying thing is I'm babysitting tomorrow night so not going to have an evening together this weekend. Long weekend next week though so will make up for it then. How about yours? What are you up to? X

Mmmmm they always say that....ill not be long....woopsie where did the time go.... hehe! Be nice having the TV to yourself though I bet.

My evening is going good. Im just sitting down with my milky coffee and Alpen light bars to finish some more work off. Thats on top of the 9 hour day I pulled at the office today. No rest for the wicked! Though I suppose checking minimins give me a break :p

xxx

What do you do for work? Sounds like you've done plenty today already! Hope you don't have too much more to do. X

Im a manager at a college. Its hard work but I love it which I guess most people cant say. Ive worked there 5 years this last week just gone and have met some lovely people and made some really changed to a few young people. I dont directly teach them but you still get the opportunity to interact with them.

What do you do Scarlett? xx

Sounds really rewarding and great that you love it, makes all the difference!

I'm a nanny, I currently look after 4 year old twin girls and I love it too. Such a lovely job and every day is different, can have so much fun at work and not many people can say that! X

Aww that is lovely and no I dont think many people can say that. I think that about my job too, every day is different and challenging. My brain always whizzes round so I love that. Though the amount of running round I do I swear I should be the size of Kate Moss but obvs Im not or I wouldnt be on here!!! I think I have strong calf muscles though, running in high heels has got to do that surely?!?!

You must have the patience of a saint lady! 2 4 year old twins! goodness!!! I take my hat off to you I really do.....and youve opted for baby sitting tomorrow night too?!!! hehe What else has your weekend got instore for you~?! xxx

Aww that is lovely and no I dont think many people can say that. I think that about my job too, every day is different and challenging. My brain always whizzes round so I love that. Though the amount of running round I do I swear I should be the size of Kate Moss but obvs Im not or I wouldnt be on here!!! I think I have strong calf muscles though, running in high heels has got to do that surely?!?!

You must have the patience of a saint lady! 2 4 year old twins! goodness!!! I take my hat off to you I really do.....and youve opted for baby sitting tomorrow night too?!!! hehe What else has your weekend got instore for you~?! xxx

Yeah you must have some toned legs! I can barely walk in heels anymore let alone run in them! Great to feel challenged and also like you are making a difference.

Hehe they are sweet girls. I've only been with this family 2 weeks but going really well so far. Was made redundant from my last job but trust me twins is nothing compared to the last lot! Parents were a nightmare therefore kids were a nightmare, was looking elsewhere anyway so it did me a favour when the mum lost her job and I had to go to be honest! Only downside is this new job is less hours and less money(hence the babysitting!). Wouldn't be my choice of how to spend a Saturday but needs must at the moment at least till I've recovered what I lost while out of work, I'm really lucky that it want long between jobs but was long enough to feel the pinch!

Nothing else planned really, see what it brings! How about you? X

Yeah you must have some toned legs! I can barely walk in heels anymore let alone run in them! Great to feel challenged and also like you are making a difference.

Hehe they are sweet girls. I've only been with this family 2 weeks but going really well so far. Was made redundant from my last job but trust me twins is nothing compared to the last lot! Parents were a nightmare therefore kids were a nightmare, was looking elsewhere anyway so it did me a favour when the mum lost her job and I had to go to be honest! Only downside is this new job is less hours and less money(hence the babysitting!). Wouldn't be my choice of how to spend a Saturday but needs must at the moment at least till I've recovered what I lost while out of work, I'm really lucky that it want long between jobs but was long enough to feel the pinch!

Nothing else planned really, see what it brings! How about you? X

Yeah being made redundant sucks! Big time. We recently went through a giant restructure at work and my line in the hierarchy completely disappeared making 4 of us effectively jobless. We had the opportunity to go up luckily to the next line but as there were only 6 jobs and 5 who were already at that level in my mind there was only one job available. Well long stories......short stories.....I got it! So I ended up moving department and gaining a pay rise to boot so it all worked out in the end. The team I got given are on the whole quite wonderful. One lady was herself looking for a new job as she hated her last manager but she said the restructure came just at the right time as she loves her job now and she is being stretched and challenged all the time.

Glad you werent out of work for long but it really does knock you financially for a bit. Nowt is cheap is it!!! Good for you being proactive (and a saint) with the babysitting.

Ive got my bestie supposed to be coming round tomorrow evening for a few drinky poos so Im going to have to stick to the vodka and diet coke I think as she is planning on getting a little fissed as a part as she has just left her husband and hes being a totally d***head! Its all go with that at the moment really.

Ive given up on one part of work for this evening so now I just need to do some course audit review emails and Im done for the evening, best do the rest tomorrow afternoon just in case of a hangover on Sunday! Hehe!

Then of course its weigh in on Sunday morning.......eeeeek! x

Wow that was great for you then! You obv impressed them, shame for the others but good for you! Glad I leave my work at work lol! I don't have the determination to do work my home without getting totally distracted!

Sounds like a fun night planned tomorrow! What do you drink? Plenty of low syn things to enjoy! Hope you have a lovely night with your friend :)

My cheesy film has almost finished so I'm off to bed in a min, been lovely talking to you tonight! speak tomorrow! Xxx

Wow that was great for you then! You obv impressed them, shame for the others but good for you! Glad I leave my work at work lol! I don't have the determination to do work my home without getting totally distracted!

Sounds like a fun night planned tomorrow! What do you drink? Plenty of low syn things to enjoy! Hope you have a lovely night with your friend :)

My cheesy film has almost finished so I'm off to bed in a min, been lovely talking to you tonight! speak tomorrow! Xxx

Dya know I was just thinking the same thing it has been lovely talking to you tonight too. Ive given up with work and I shall start again tomorrow!!! I shall stick to the vodka I think tomorrow, that has the least syns for booze doesnt it? Unless you can point me in the direction of something else less synny?

Night hun, speak tomorrow xxx

Still here, what i drink when I go out is dry martini with soda and a squeeze of lime. 2.5syns for a 50ml measure, soda and lime issue and taste a little like a dry white wine. Plus you can have 6 within your daily syns and its plenty to get a bit tiddled! :) its also really cheap!
vodka is the next lowest though I think, along with gin, there's plenty you can have and if you're wise with your syns you can get quite a few drinks out of it. X

Still here, what i drink when I go out is dry martini with soda and a squeeze of lime. 2.5syns for a 50ml measure, soda and lime issue and taste a little like a dry white wine. Plus you can have 6 within your daily syns and its plenty to get a bit tiddled! :) its also really cheap!
vodka is the next lowest though I think, along with gin, there's plenty you can have and if you're wise with your syns you can get quite a few drinks out of it. X

Hmmmmmm drinks for thought. I may have to try the martini though I do love gin.....and vodka......and Bacardi! Decisions decisions!!!!!

Hahahahaa!!! Someone else who says hissed as a part like me....<3

:)

Oh yes. Thought I best be good and not swear on here. I might get banned and then I'd be well and truly fu.......fudged!!! X

Morning ladies

im currently snuggled up on the sofa with my lovely dog catching up on some TV and wondering what to do for food. Going shopping later so some ideas would be gratefully received. Going for a red day today I think. Any suggestions? Hope you're all well and keeping in the warmth! XxXxxx

image.jpg

Aww cute doggy! I don't often do red days but one of my favourite red day recipes is pork and paprika one pot.

Serves 4 (leftovers great next day for lunch!)
All veg to be cut into bite sized pieces
Salt and pepper
500g pork loin steaks, fat removed cut into bite sized pieces
Fry lite
2 garlic cloves crushed
1tsp smoked paprika
2 yellow peppers chopped
1 large red onion chopped
1 Aubergine chopped
400g tin chopped tomatoes
6tbsp tomato purée
200ml chicken stock
Small handful chopped fresh parsley to garnish (optional)

1.season the pork and spray with fry light. Place in a flameproof casserole dish (I use a large saucepan) over a high heat and stir fry for 4-5 mins until browned

2. Add the garlic, paprika, peppers, onion, Aubergine, tomatoes, purée and stock and bring to the boil. Cover reduce the heat to medium and cook stirring occasionally for 25mins or until the pork is tender.

Really easy and tasty and also good on an ee day served with rice. I also sometimes add courgette and mushrooms to up the super free.

Enjoy! X

Last edited:
Hiya and welcome back :)

Im having a red day too, just had a big english brekkie and for dinner tonight im having smoked salmon and salad xx

Back