The diary of El - Everyone Welcome :)

Hi Hun , hope work goes well tomorrow, as you say it back to normal routine and it helps alot ,xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So despite taking a herbal sleeping pill last night I am up at this godforsaken hour on my last day off of the Easter hols. Grrrrr. Feeling a bit woozy though. I may doze on the couch. Food plan for today

Porridge (b) with (1/2 a) milk with a banana for breakfast
Lunch I may have some of the butternut soup I made Sunday and for tea I'm going to do either carbonara or quorn lasagne with Lisa Lisa's smash/quark cheese sauce on top. Possibly with some SW chips and veg x

Hiya. I always took valerina. It was great and I swore by it. Now I've got some superdrug ones which are made of the same stuff but these days I only take them if I'm desperate - they may be coming out soon as nerves are frayed and sleep is not regular (they do go together of course like a sleepy jumpy vicious circle!)

Hiya. I always took valerina. It was great and I swore by it. Now I've got some superdrug ones which are made of the same stuff but these days I only take them if I'm desperate - they may be coming out soon as nerves are frayed and sleep is not regular (they do go together of course like a sleepy jumpy vicious circle!)

I used to buy Valerian root from holland and Barrett and they were brilliant but at £12.99 a bottle which sometimes wasn't lasting a full month I stopped getting them plus they used to make me feel very drugged up the next morning x

Well ladies, its safe to say im not having a very good week. In the last few days I have thought about nothing other than SW and not in a good way.

I was on my way to the salon last night and all i could think about was green days and red days and 5:2 and EE and WW and what i needed to do. Its not good! So im going to have a few days off (not necessarily majorly off plan) but just stop beating myself up about things and get back to it in a few days time.

I think the main reason was that despite not eating anything for nearly 9 hours last friday (then got Fish and Chips because I was still an hour away from home and did not want to start cooking at 9.30pm) i still beat myself up about it and I really need to stop doing that.

I think there is a fine line between talking to yourself when youve been and made a crappy food choice on purpose and beating yourself up about things that are out of your control.

Sorry to ramble and I am sure some of you will be disappointed in me but I need to do this for me.

El x

There is a very fine line between you being in control on your food and the food being in control of you. This time last year I'd been off SW for 3 weeks as I hit a point where I was no longer in control, the diet was ruling me, so i had to have some time off, let my brain readjust. I literally got to the point where I refused to go out unless we took our own food with us. It took my mum telling me i was getting obsessive and hearing a song with the lyrics "you're never gonna be like anyone, and thats ok" (dunno why but that line just hit home) for me to realise I was SO close to the edge of an eating disorder. It started to happen again a few weeks back, but after a few days off and eating what i wanted i was fine again.

Thank you so much ladies, that really does help. I shall be as sensible as I can because I dont want to undo the hard work I have put in but I just need some time. Like Ally said I dont want to be controlled and I am feeling at the moment that every waking minute is consumed by food and even when I ate whatever I wanted it wasnt like that.

I am hoping a few days is all I need so I am hoping to get back to it by WI day. I shall still weigh myself on Sunday because I dont think denial is good but I will go from there. xxx

You have nothing to prove to anyone! Have a break if you think it will help. We will all still be here when you are ready to get back on it. x

Thank you so much ladies, that really does help. I shall be as sensible as I can because I dont want to undo the hard work I have put in but I just need some time. Like Ally said I dont want to be controlled and I am feeling at the moment that every waking minute is consumed by food and even when I ate whatever I wanted it wasnt like that.

I am hoping a few days is all I need so I am hoping to get back to it by WI day. I shall still weigh myself on Sunday because I dont think denial is good but I will go from there. xxx

Just do what you need to do to get you through - life is far to short to be stressing so much over food and you're only human. Maybe you just need time to address the relationship you have with food. Enjoy what you have because you're not committing a crime by enjoying what you eat and eating what you want.

I'll still be here when you pop back :) xxxx

Hi
I'm think about sw a lot and weight and targets and food etc but i enjoy it and its what I need to be successful on the diet and lose. I enjoy it and I don't beat myself up too much if I slip (a bit is normal a it has slowed down getting to where I want). If its getting too much for you and you are beating yourself up about things then you need to do what's right but I would say that that is not going back to before. You need to take some time to decide what is the right way for you to lose weight and what is comfortable for you.

Hi
I'm think about sw a lot and weight and targets and food etc but i enjoy it and its what I need to be successful on the diet and lose. I enjoy it and I don't beat myself up too much if I slip (a bit is normal a it has slowed down getting to where I want). If its getting too much for you and you are beating yourself up about things then you need to do what's right but I would say that that is not going back to before. You need to take some time to decide what is the right way for you to lose weight and what is comfortable for you.

I agree with M - maybe SW is not for you, maybe CC might be a good one to consider because it gives you the freedom to just grab something etc, I'm not disciplined enough to do CC myself or anything with just soups shakes and cereal bars.

Like M said use this time to have a good think about what you want and how you want to get there think about the food you like and what plan accommodates that the best.

If you look at a diet and ask yourself one question ...."if I had to could I eat like this for the rest of my life" if the answer is pretty much a resounding yes then go for it, if its a no then move on to a plan that you say yes to. :)

Sending big hugs El, don't think anyone would be dissapointed in you, we've all felt like this anyone who says otherwise is in denial themselves,
Take care my lovley well be here wen you pop by , xxxxx

Sending big hugs El, don't think anyone would be dissapointed in you, we've all felt like this anyone who says otherwise is in denial themselves,
Take care my lovley well be here wen you pop by , xxxxx

We will indeed be here - we have all had many many ups and downs as you know!

Best cure for sleepless nights.... Big bottle of red and one glass! You may not feel fab the day after but guaranteed a good kip! Xxxxx

Just don't forget to count the syns lol xx

Right so I'm hoping I've had my moment. I'm going food shopping today as I'm in Manchester for the pink concert tomorrow and although its at night my friend and I are going early evening and having nandos so ill make it a red day. Then I'm hoping for green the rest of the week. Plan plan plan!!!!!

Welcome back. So glad you've decided to stick to sw... You know if you ever need support of any kind we are here to help. X

Back