The Divas Weekly Weigh-in!

Ooooh Bea isnt it briliant when people really notice?! Wow, just think another couple of months and we're going to be almost skinny lol!

Ooooh Bea isnt it briliant when people really notice?! Wow, just think another couple of months and we're going to be almost skinny lol!

:eek: ...it really felt great I have to say......officially out of my size 20 this week....thinking of binning it all...but could be just brave talk this evening.....

Hey no dont bin it, flog it on ebay!!! I am saving up all my nice big clothes to sell in a few weeks time - then I can spend the money on new stuff...... and shooooooooooooes lol

Hi Rachel, I dont put photos of hte gowns up on the website as we only have time do about 4 weddings a year, so I try not to advertise it, its just word of mouth really. Saying that though, we are working on a new gallery for the site, and some of our recent gowns will be on there :)

I really love the idea of bridesmaids wearing black, I think it just adds a real elegance to a wedding - and if the styles, flowers and accessories are right, it can be just ache-ingly chic!

Solstiss in France make fantastic lace for all the top designer companies, and I've used some in the past on gowns - to have a gorgeous feature of black Solstiss lace on a white corset, mmmmmm, that would be really stunning - reminds me of a gown Basia Zarzycka did a few years back! :drool:
Well when you put your gowns on let me know because I wanna see them. Can you do long distance fittings so I can get you to design my wedding dress!!!! :D

It really does make you feel fantastic when people notice that you have lost weight. I had a couple of comments today that just made me feel grrrrreat!

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Have just started LT this morning.
My sister has already been on it a week, so she's been giving me the lowdown on the ups and downs of the first week, so hopefully, I'm mentally prepared for the downs.
Just had my first shake - strawberry. Have to say, it's taken me about 30mins to drink it. It's ok, but if I took to much of a mouthful - i.e. more than a sip, i felt like gagging. I'm assuming this will pass as i get used to the stuff.
I have just over 2 stone to lose. I'm currently 12st 13lbs, need to get to 10st 10lbs, if not less.
I have a family wedding on 12Sep, and I'm guessing I'll be still on my weight loss regime. Has anyone any experience of staying on LT for something like this and sitting at a table drinking your shake/eating bars?
I just don't want to give in for one day if it ends up with me starting from scratch again.:sigh:

Gonna get a ticker now, must be great to see the weight loss on a weekly basis. :p
Caz

Hi Caz welcome to LT. The first thing I would say and im sure Sonkie will fill you in on the rest of the tips is to try and drink your shake within 15 mins because the nutrients start break down when you leave it longer. I know that a few of the others have gone out for meals and asked the waiter to make the shake up for them.
You will get plenty of advice and you can make up your own mind without anyone on here shouting at you!

Hey no dont bin it, flog it on ebay!!! I am saving up all my nice big clothes to sell in a few weeks time - then I can spend the money on new stuff...... and shooooooooooooes lol
Thats a brilliant idea! I have some really nice Size 16 stuff but didnt buy anything expensive or designer when I reached the 18, 20 and 22 mark..as I just hated myself so much. Having said that - I could flog a few of my work suits.... PS I didnt bin the stuff last night LOL ...but keen to get them out of the wardrobe!!!

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Have just started LT this morning.
My sister has already been on it a week, so she's been giving me the lowdown on the ups and downs of the first week, so hopefully, I'm mentally prepared for the downs.
Just had my first shake - strawberry. Have to say, it's taken me about 30mins to drink it. It's ok, but if I took to much of a mouthful - i.e. more than a sip, i felt like gagging. I'm assuming this will pass as i get used to the stuff.
I have just over 2 stone to lose. I'm currently 12st 13lbs, need to get to 10st 10lbs, if not less.
I have a family wedding on 12Sep, and I'm guessing I'll be still on my weight loss regime. Has anyone any experience of staying on LT for something like this and sitting at a table drinking your shake/eating bars?
I just don't want to give in for one day if it ends up with me starting from scratch again.:sigh:

Gonna get a ticker now, must be great to see the weight loss on a weekly basis. :p
Caz

Welcome to the Forum...its been a life saver for all of us here on LT.... The first few days are the worst honest...after Day 4 you just dont feel hungry...as ketosis kicks in. To be honest it took me a few weeks to get used to the Strawberry shake...the Chocolate and Vanvilla are really yum! Let us know what you think!!

Lots of the girls are taken their LT with them going out for dinner. I went on hols and had it during the day and had a really sensible dinner (chicken salad etc) and still lost (not as much) and went back to LT when I got back which was a big tough but got back into the run of it within a couple of days....best of luck!

Well when you put your gowns on let me know because I wanna see them. Can you do long distance fittings so I can get you to design my wedding dress!!!! :D

Rachel - yes LOL! We've done gowns for clients in Cairo, Italy, all sorts!! We make up your toile and post it out to you :D

Thats a brilliant idea! I have some really nice Size 16 stuff but didnt buy anything expensive or designer when I reached the 18, 20 and 22 mark..as I just hated myself so much. Having said that - I could flog a few of my work suits.... PS I didnt bin the stuff last night LOL ...but keen to get them out of the wardrobe!!!

Hey, Bea, I know *exactly* how you felt - I totally loathed myself....

Took my measurements again this morning, OMG my boobs are getting smaller, my fella is going to be so mad!

Welcome on board Caz! Glad to have you join us.

I have a wedding to go to in October and certainly wont be eating or drinking, so I'll be sitting there with my fizzy water and flapjack on a plate LOL! I've been out for lunch with friends too and did exactly that - it wasnt a problem, in fact it was quite funny!

You dont have too much to lose at all so it will be gone before you know it :)

Ooops sorry Rachel, I always forget that I know what I am blathering on about but nobody else does!! A toile is a mock-up of a gown (or corset!) in cotton - this means that you get to check and ammend the fit and style before making it up in the real fabric. Lots of people dont bother with this stage, and thats when clients end up having awful dresses they hate!

First thing to do is to have a look at styles and ideas that you like, and your budget.... email me photos.... anything that takes your fancy. Then, we put together a design for you and some fabric options, beading, trimmings etc, I send you cuttings and the design, and you suggest any changes that you would like.... It takes a little while - like 6-10 months or so lol - but its all good fun!!!

Email me direct if you like, [email protected]

I'm going to get out to the workshop now to start cutting out the purple velvet gown, so wil lbe back in a bit :)

thanks a mill for the welcome all!
Well, day 2 in the LT house - yesterday (day 1) went quite ok actually. Tum growled a bit, but i noticed I didn't feel hungry (if that makes sense!). Had vanilla shake for lunch and it was ok.. although, ravenbeauty, i think it took me more than 15mins to drink and I didn't know that about the nutrients. Thanks for that. Will speed it up a bit from now on.
Although, i got a tip from my sis about the vanilla - this morning i added a spoonful of coffee to that mix, microwaved it and that was actually a lot tastier and easier to drink. Ah.. i love it when a plan comes together.
Anyhoo, back to yesterday - was doing great and had drunk 3 litres but then I did notice myself getting a bit dopey. Snuggled up on sofa with hubbie and proceeded to fall asleep about 8.30ish. Woke with a start when my phone rang, and darling hubbie proceeded to tell me i was even snoring in my sleep (little lady-like snores, mind you! :D). So, about 9.30 i went to bed.
And today, i feel fine again - this being day2.
So, like i said, had the vanilla with coffee hot this morning - that was grand. Have the strawberry lined up for lunch.
Have to say, i'm not gone on the chicken soup and could only manage to drink about half of it last night. I know i should drink it all, but I just couldn't do it.
Another tip I heard was to put tabasco sauce thru the soup - is that ok on this diet?

Ducatidiva - i think you're right - i.e. to stick to diet for wedding too. I think that's what I'm going to do too. I don't think it's worth giving up (particularly, when I hope I'll be close to the end at that stage). So, bring on the stares and giggles... I can handle it.. :p

anyhoo, back to work for me... keep on chugging... ;)
Caz

Hi Caz I have had loads of family events to deal with since starting the diet, I started mid nov and told everyone just before christmas that I would not be eating or drinking and that I was on a diet and would appreciate it if they didnt encourage me to even eat a little.
This worked and had a good old time.

As for the drinks it took about 2 weeks for me to start to enjoy them, after a month I loved them .....lol, im sure you will too. Do try to drink them within 15 mins as all the goodness starts to diminish then you wont be getting all the goodness from them. Hard at first as I can remember, I had my major difficulty with the vanilla flavour I gagged on the whole drink so didnt get anymore......then a few months later I thought I would try one and actuallly enjoyed it.

Good luck hun you can and will do this......just like everyone else on here !!!!

thanks for the encouragement sonkie.
Holy moley - u've done absolutely fantastic on LT - 5 stone... that's amazing...
well done!

and oops, sorry everyone, i just realised i've been posting long posts on the weigh-in thread... :(

Back