The dreaded carb question

.Nicki.

Minimin Addict
So i've read the book and i now remember why i struggle so much, its not exactly clear is it. So from the cs website i see we have to aim for about 100g of carbs a day, so can i have anything as long as i don't exceed this??
what does everyone eat because i'm a true veg hater and not sure what i'm gonna have in the evenings.

You need to try and find some combinations you like or different ways of cooking things which means you get it down - is there any veg you do like? One meal I have made where you dont really taste the veg is as follows.

Chopped up onion, cook slowly until soft use spray oil, then add diced lamb, then peppers, then carrots, add small sprinkle of salt when meat cooked and vegs soft stir in tomato puree not much but enough to coat the veg and meat and, add one teaspoon of stock, add one tea spoon of paprika and another teaspoon of cumin or if you want it with a bit of a bite add curry powder - I like it both ways - after add bout 1/2 a pint of water and bring to boil when starting to boiling turn down and let simmer after bout 15 mins bring to boil again and make sure you add bit more water if necessary leave it to simmer it should go nice and thick and then serve when ready - when cooking make sure you stir every few minutes especially when its on a high heat.
( water should level should always be about 3 centimetre above meat and veg keep topping up as necessary)

I'll have a think of a few more recipes for you let me know what meats etc you like and what vegetables you can stomach - also might help if you think about some meals u normally eat and list them so we can work out ways of changing them - im not expert just trying to help - another alternative is if you like things like fajitas - you could make up a similar mix - but used spices instead of packet mix - then when ready roll up in lettuce leaves instead of tortillas - or you can have it on a bed of lettuces and i dont think you really taste the veg if they are cooked in the right ways - let me know if this helps.

Take Care will be on tomorrow x

p.s. - for the soup cut the veg up into small pieces ( the peppers, onions and carrots)

Back