Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

The dreaded exercise....

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Lighterlifer, 23 January 2007 Social URL.

1. Lighterlifer

Lighterlifer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(9.78%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hey guys I start WW thursday and was worrying how many of you exercise on the plan? I have evey intention to but you know how things can get somtimes! Can everyone tell me there average weight loss and whether they exercise or not? Thank youu xx:rolleyes:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I dont but I really really need to. That was something my doctor emphasised yesterday. He said as little as 20 mins walking a day would be a huge help

4. Cavycrazy

Cavycrazy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have started to incorporate some exercise now into my daily routine. I have toyed with joining a gym but just know I dont have the time in the week and it would be a waste of money. I work full time, commute 2 hours a day and have many rescue pets to take care of, so by the time all are cleaned, fed and attended to etc... I just dont have the spare time to go to a gym.

Christmas I bought a cheap stepper and religiously have been doing some steps each night before bed. ((even hubby has started now and we try to best each other :D )).

Have been thinking of a treadmill, but decided on a elliptical cross trainer after some good advice from other forum members.

Had a look at a few different ones, chose the one I wanted yesterday, ordered it... and it arrived at work this morning (easier for deliveries there). Cant wait to get it home and set up. :) :) :) :) .

There was a free gift with the trainer, a 36" trampoline. Have got that unopened and set up in the office at work... and we are all acting like 5 years old and having a bounce about on it. :D :D :D :D :D :D . Its great!!

Dont know where I am going to fit it at home though!! :eek:

I think with any exercise ..its how best to fit it into your own personal daily routines. Even a little bit each day is beneficial and you do start to enjoy it. :)

Deb x

5. CelticChick

CelticChick Member

Diet:
    Paul McKenna
    I walk my dogs any evening its not raining, I add a tiny bit on every night or two to keep pushing myself and I love it, feel great after. I also have a cross trainer that I use at home, sometimes after the walk or just on its own if no walk.
    I'm joining a salsa slim class tonight with my sister for something different to do. My losses are always quite good when I exercise.

6. Lighterlifer

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(9.78%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    U guys stop talking about your pets...My 3 month old puppy escaped this morning Im so upset :( Knoked of millions of doors and called the police and no sign :( I miss her already! My mum is so annoying, she left her in the back yard when I was in work and she has escaped. Boo hoo :(

7. CelticChick

CelticChick Member

Diet:
    Paul McKenna
    Oh no, thats awful, I hope you find her. I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost my little puddens.

8. Lighterlifer

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(9.78%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    So glad to say my daddy found her!!! :D Im so happy!! I was really shocked!! She was hiding under a bush in next doors garden!! Shes been spoilt rotten :p

9. westhills

westhills I STILL mean it!

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    8st13lb(41.25%)
    I bought a treadmill, when I was too heavy to use it, and when I did get to be under 100kg. and could use it, I could only manage 10 mins @ 2.2mph. I have gradually built this up over the months, and now do an hour @ 4.2mph, which uses 500 calories. I like the way you can see the progress you are making on a treadmill, and also the fact that all this takes place in the privacy of my own home. My treadmill is in the conservatory, and I pound away with my ipod on, looking at the garden. I'm glad I bought it.
    Ann

10. CelticChick

CelticChick Member

Diet:
    Paul McKenna
    Thats great, so glad you found her!!

11. Artyjoe

Artyjoe Regular Member

Start Weight:
    15st0.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Diet:
    CD
    Wish I'd known you were looking for an eliptical trainer...I have a fantastic one that I really hoped I'd find time to use but have only been on it once and I got it in October...another thing I keep trying to remember to do something about!

Joe

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.