the dreaded scales

geordiegirl

do you all weigh your selfs regulary ????

i usually try and only do once a week but this week wth just starting ive been on every day

they have moved down 4 lbs in a week ....ya .........but i feel a lot more thinner and my clothes fit a lot better already

the question is .........if the scales are not showing a loss , that means no loss right ??????

i have heard that some people hardly drop on the scales but seem to lose a dress size in body shape ....im confused :confused:

Thanks hun xxx

i know i'm a pain but i really want this to work

My best advice is to weigh NO MORE than once per week, for lots of very good reasons. I prefer to weigh once fortnightly. The scale becomes addictive and if you don't see a loss, or you gain a bit back perhaps only fluid, your mood for that day plummets and you feel down. This can lead you to eat.

If you follow your plan you will lose in the long run. That is what we need to focus on x

I agree - only weigh once a week, try to avoid them temptation - and I've read the thread in that link - it's very interesting and certainly made me feel better about my scale hopping!

I tend to lose inches before weight, so the scales only say about 2lb but my clothes feel and look looser so i think one of the best investments on this diet is a tape measure and a little notebook!

LOL, we have all been there, I was a total scaleaholic back then, but yes, many will find they lose inches before weight sometimes.

Back