The evil alcohol :(

Cinta

Silver Member
I know for sure now that alcohol stalls me & causes me to bloat. It was our wedding anniversary. I hadn't had a drink for 2-3 weeks & the weight was coming back off. On Friday & Saturday we had some dry wine wine, champagne & cava (oops!;))
Yesterday I had none & this morning I got on the scales & was 4lb heavier than on Friday!!!:eek: I'm really bloated too, even though I still had pints of water (I'm a bit of a water addict, have always been)

I can't blame it on anything else as the food has been no problem. Oh well, back to the healthy living! :sigh:

Last edited:
Oh sorry to hear Sharon - but at least you've identified the culprit - and when you've got an occasion coming up, you can plan for it.

Not much fun, though :(

I went on a hen party a couple of weeks ago in Liverpool and drank allsorts! Wine, cocktails, jagerbombs, you name it I drank it! And at the end of the night went to a diner and had a chilli cheese hot dog, chips and chicken wings! Couple of days later went on scales and just as I thought, I'd put 4lb on. Just did clean and green for a few days and it came off again. I'm not going to deny myself when its a special occasion as I know I can jump back on the wagon and lose it again. I think it keeps you sane when you treat yourself, as long as its a one off lol

It'll soon come off Sharon. It was a special occasion afterall. At least you know what you stall with, so can prepare for a little gain in future.

Unfortunately we cant even blame the alcohol - ok it's extra calories but i'm afraid it's all the sugar in that champagne and cava:(. I have found one very expensive ultra dry champagne where they dont add sugar back(called brut zero) but unfortunately otherwise it's part of the process......

So water required to flush it away.......!

Brut Zero sounds a bit... extreme lol. I do like dry champagne but probably because all my adult life I have been limiting calories!

I am on the wagon until November. I have a couple of events coming up and I want to be at goal again. Booze bloats me too, puts weight on AND makes me hungry. My cravings come back and that is just too risky lol.

For special events tho, why not?

Sebo - clean and green just means protein and green leafy veg and water - no Atkins bars, shakes, processed foods, Mims, sugar free jelly, etc.

Yes and clean and green produces the very best losses. We tend to do this when we have been stalled for a while, or when the losses have got really slow.

We all love the Atkins bars and chocolate and shakes etc and the yummy SF stuff from online stores but these things are notorious for stalling and even causing cravings and weight gain.

Lean and Green is our failsafe default option!

Is it just green leafy veg rather than all the obvious non starchy ones (could you have carrots, courgette, peppers and other salad options)
Thanks for your help ;-)

Sebo - have you had a look at Jim's sticky, "So you're thinking of starting Atkins" - there is a list there of the low carb veg allowed on Induction.

Here's the list - to save your looking it up - but do read the sticky, it's a Beginner's Guide To Atkins, and essential reading.

Vegetables
You can have two to three mugs per day of:

daikon radish
mushrooms
Rocket
endive
parsley
bok choi
pak choi
broad leaf endive
bell peppers
celery
fennel
radicchio
chicory
radishes
chives
lettuce
romaine lettuce
cucumber
lambs lettuce
sorrel
Spinach

Other Vegetables:

You can have one mug per day of these veggies if salad does not exceed two mugs. The following vegetables are slightly higher in carbohydrate content than the salad vegetables:

artichoke
celeriac
pumpkin
artichoke hearts
asparagus
swiss chard
sauerkraut
bamboo shoots
spring greens
spring onion (scallions)
snow peas
bean sprouts
spaghetti squash
beet greens
eggplant
hearts of palm
string or wax beans
broccoli
kale
brussels sprouts
kohlrabi (German Turnip)
leeks
cabbage
okra (ladies fingers)
water chestnuts
cauliflower
onion (in moderation)
courgettes

If a vegetable, such as spinach or tomato, cooks down significantly, it must be measured raw so as not to underestimate its carb count.

Back