The Exercise Challenge for August

:party0011:Woohoo I am in, I will try to start slow since its been a month since I worked out. :whacky068:I will try to walk 30 mins a day 5 times a week.:character00116: and weights 3 times a week. Ok ladies lets get
moving.

walking 5 x a week 30 mins
weights 3 x a week

:flowers: Thanks linda for continuing the exercise challenge.

Last edited:
I'm in - I really need to get back into doing weights in addition to the running. However my main challenge will be to do 30 mins of running twice a week and one session where I run fro a longer period of time and increase the distance - or maybe use the cross trainer in addition to the treadmill. Basically if I can up the cardio maybe the inch loss/toning will happen along the way - fingers crossed!

Me! I'll try for 30mins walking, 5days a week, and 1 hour work out, 3 days a week at the gym. Maybe a bit of swimming thrown in if I can pluck up the courage to go to my local pool. Was swimming most days on holiday and loving it, but I didn't know anyone there. Silly I know!:eek:

Great plan.
3 gym classes (spin, pump & body combat) + 1 outside run per week.
I was sriously exercising before our wedding in May, but found it really effected my weight loss - i.e had none. Did not notice much inch loss, but I did look much better - v strange.

What are your experiences?

Nxx

Right well when my poor neck is better I will be back to my usual, 5-6 hours of martial arts per week.

Hey ladies I am checking in for today. I did a 30 min walk that I was dreading. I use to walk 1 hr 4 mile walks, 5 times a week, I will try to work myself back up to that.

M
T
W
TH- 30 min walk
F

Taz- I hope your neck gets better soon,

Eddie- I had lost almost 20 lbs and my body still lools flabby. I remember when I lost weight before and walked and did light weight every other day, my body looked so much toner and tighter, and I had lost more inches. Thats why I will be walking and doing weights, I have about 40 to 50 pounds to still lose and I want be be toned not Flabby.

Jacqu79- I have a pool in the building I live in, and I never go swimming. I think I will maybe add a couple of days of swimming to my workout regimen

Lindam- I have my fingers crossed for you.

Wow if I had a pool in the building I live in I would be in there every day!

Wow if I had a pool in the building I live in I would be in there every day!

me too!!

During the night when everyone else was asleep!:eek:

i really want to start cyclnig to work (its 3 miles) but i dont have a bike :'( anyone know anywhere you can get super cheap bikes from?

Jacqu- that is to funny :rotflmao::rotflmao: I think thats when I will go swimming so no one will see this bigggg booty.

Taz - I guess im just not a pool person I really love the beach and the ocean more.:character00117::character00180:

Ok ladies I am checking in I walked 4 miles today woohoo and I started my weights today. I only did my arms:character00115:. I was so weak my poor arms were shaking. I must admit I didnt want to work out today at all, but when I was done I was tired, but very proud of myself.:clap::clap::clap: I must admit what really got me moving this morning was the fact I knew I had to report in to this tread and report my progress or I probably would have just laid in bed. Ok ladies until later

Just started
TH- 30 min walk, 2 miles
F -
S - 1 hr walk, 4miles/ weights-arms
Su -

I am going back to work on Monday and hopefully back to all martial arts on Monday too!

Ok ladies I am checking in I walked 4 miles today woohoo and I started my weights today. I only did my arms:character00115:. I was so weak my poor arms were shaking. I must admit I didnt want to work out today at all, but when I was done I was tired, but very proud of myself.:clap::clap::clap: I must admit what really got me moving this morning was the fact I knew I had to report in to this tread and report my progress or I probably would have just laid in bed. Ok ladies until later

Just started
TH- 30 min walk, 2 miles
F -
S - 1 hr walk, 4miles/ weights-arms
Su -

Well done you - USA Girl - it looks as though you are totally morivated at the moment. I have just returned from the Cambridge folk Festival - and I ran for 30 mins on Friday morning around the camping site! Back to the gym adn a normal week for exercise so the mission is on for an hour of cardio.....

I've done nothing at all, and had a bad weekend food wise. Not happy with myself.:mad:

Need to start afresh 2morrow!

Hello ladies how are you today. I am just checking in. I am on my lunch break and I am so tired I will probably wok out when I get home from work. Most of you are already home because the uk time is 5 hrs ahead of the states. So when you guys are sleep I probably will be trying to do my 4 mile walk:whacky068: . I must admit I had a very bad morning I thought I was doing so good and I weighed myself and I was Up a pound:cry: I was really upset. because I was already feeling down this weekend. Sometimes it just feels like I will never lose this weight:sigh:

Jacque-you was not by yourself, I was feeling bad also, but we will just pick ourself up and keep going, just take it one day at a time and I am pretty sure we will see the results.

Lindam- great job on your workout this weekend I am pretty sure you will be up to doing a hour in no time.

To the other ladies who joined welcome glad to see you here, and to everyone else keep up the good work:bliss:

Lunch break?! It's dinner time here, nearly bed time for me! ha ha

I managed an hour of karate tonight. I will do another hour on Wednesday and an hour of kickboxing on Thursday. That will do for this week as my neck is still really bad

Back