The Fast diet 5:2 - to slimmer and beyond :)

slimforlive

Hi all,

I'm not strictly doing JUDD - I'm doing Michael Mosley's 'Fast Diet' where you fast 2 days a week only - I think this might be easier for me to deal with on a long term basis.

I've got the book, read it and it all looks so positive so here I go!

I started on Thursday with my first Down Day and it was relatively easy - had trouble sleeping as I was so hungry, but I'm sure it'll get easier. Had a relatively ok day today - didn't go too mad on my up day which is good!

I'll post here how I get with weigh-ins etc in case anyone's interested in the 2 day fasting! I'm aiming to lose about 4 stone :eek: and will be v.happy with 1-2lbs a week :)

Be good to hear of anyone else doing the Fast diet or 5:2 diet :)

Sharon
xxx

Hiya we are all doing a version of a fast diet lol x I am fasting from 5 pm to 5 pm Mon, Weds and Friday.. I have only recently started the 5 - 5 but find it soo much easier to stick :) welcome and good luck xx

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Welshmamma - how are you getting on?

I'm on a DD today and I'm hungry! I had a Special K bar around 9ish and will have sushi lunch in about half hour. That'll be my 500 cals gone - so then the cold hard slog til tomorrow morning! I really need to sort my DDs down so I save something for the evening! lol

My UD's over the weekend were a bit hard to control - Saturday wasn't too bad, but went to a cheese and wine party yesterday- ARRGGHH!! Managed to not eat tooooo much by sitting the furthest I could from the buffet, but cheeeeese! mmmmmm! wiiiinnnnee! mmmmmm! lol Weigh-in day is tomorrow - hope I didn't do too much damage!

Hope everyone is going well
Sharon
x

Hiya

Well done on surviving DD, I found them much more difficult before doing 5pm - 5pm split :)

I have been bloated all weekend!! I just cannot manage the sane quantity of food which is probably good as the old quantity has seen me turn rather fluffy lol x x

This is a great support network we are all on the sane boat with the same goals, I think I'd really struggle without it :))

Good luck :) x

Hi there Sharon :)

I'm doing 5:2 aswell. I was following 5:2 up until xmas then I planned to make it 4:3, but it hasn't happened yet! Things keep coming up which would make it difficult for me to not eat so just doing 2 days a week fo Jan. Will see that losses are like and tweak it to 3 days if I need to, however I'm really happy doing 2 days a week. I find I can actually stick to it, I worry that if it was 3 days a week I'd find it too hard and give up.

I guess my losses are slow, due to sts in Dec it looks like I haven't lost that much but I could easily be 7lbs heavier if I hadn't started 5:2. I'd like to lose about the same amount as you so be interested to hear how you get on.

Good luck!

I'm doing alternate fasting too - same times as Welshmamma. Good luck xx

Thank you!

Hiya

Well done on surviving DD, I found them much more difficult before doing 5pm - 5pm split :)

I have been bloated all weekend!! I just cannot manage the sane quantity of food which is probably good as the old quantity has seen me turn rather fluffy lol x x

This is a great support network we are all on the sane boat with the same goals, I think I'd really struggle without it :))

Good luck :) x

thanks again for your kind message :)

Hi there Sharon :)

I'm doing 5:2 aswell. I was following 5:2 up until xmas then I planned to make it 4:3, but it hasn't happened yet! Things keep coming up which would make it difficult for me to not eat so just doing 2 days a week fo Jan. Will see that losses are like and tweak it to 3 days if I need to, however I'm really happy doing 2 days a week. I find I can actually stick to it, I worry that if it was 3 days a week I'd find it too hard and give up.

I guess my losses are slow, due to sts in Dec it looks like I haven't lost that much but I could easily be 7lbs heavier if I hadn't started 5:2. I'd like to lose about the same amount as you so be interested to hear how you get on.

Good luck!

Hi Louise - I read your diary the other day - you're doing brilliantly :) I think 5:2 is going to be so much easier for me to think about it as a long term diet - I did it for a bit in november - but ate farrr too much on my up days so it didn't really work.

Weighed in tonight - I still go to Weight Watchers for the offical weigh in for now - will see how I go .. and I lost 3lbs! Am soooo happy with that - I was dieting before I started 5:2 as well, so hopefully not much of that is water weight!

My plan is to do Mon and Thurs as DDs, but I'm doing Wednesday this week - I'm working at home on Thurs and it's too difficult when I'm here! When I'm at work I'm sooo busy the times flies by (ish!) I'm then going to Disney Paris this weekend, so not sure what that'll do to the weight loss next week, but if I can lose 1.5 this week I'll behappy!

good luck all - hope your week's are going well :D
xxxx

Hi all,

Went to Disney paris for the weekend this week, which was amazing (but cold!) and as it was on my three UDs I ate loads! So was very pleased this week to stay the same!

Onwards and downards! Still loving this diet - on a DD today and I'm starving! no cals left, so water it is!

Hope everyone's doing well
xx

Hi all,

Hope everyone's having a good week. Just been to weigh in and I lost 1.5lbs this week. So happy - I know it may not sound much but it just continues to prove to me that this 'diet' works! woohooo. Onwards and downwards! xxx

Hi all,

Hope everyone's having a good week. Just been to weigh in and I lost 1.5lbs this week. So happy - I know it may not sound much but it just continues to prove to me that this 'diet' works! woohooo. Onwards and downwards! xxx

Fantastic!!! All adds up :0) xxxx

Hi Sharon, well done on your losses so far :) Do you find you have to really monitor your ups with just 2 DDs a week? I think I'd find 2 much easier than 3, but am a bit scared I'll gain as my ups can be very up!

Hi,

I do a bit - I tend to try and eat a normal healthy Weight-Watchers style diet on Tues/Weds/Fri then eat kinda what I want (without going toooo mad) at the weekend. I'm not bothered about eating much during the week, but I do like my treats (be it choc, takeaway, alcohol) at the weekends.

xx

Hello everyone. I started the 5:2 diet today. My very first dd is almost complete! Feeling ok! I ate at 8:30 last night then fasted til 12:30 today. Had porridge and a banana for lunch. The hardest bit for me was lunch til dinner. I had a run planned for 7pm so didn't eat til 8:00. Have to say it was the most amazing quorn sausage and omelette I have ever had!!
Anyway, I've survived! Glad to see the losses you're all ousting. This will give me the motivation to stick to it! X

Update- I lost 4.8lbs this week! :)

Back