The fat is back

awww!! poor baby girl

good evening paula. well, for your sake and eiriana's, i hope it will be a good night.

sorry to hear she's so unwell. and my goodness it sounds miserable for her! ((good thinking with the garlic, my father would always roast an entire head of it and let us devour it with a bit of baguette when we were unwell.))

awww!!! i hope she feels better soon!
:sick::sick::sick:

Well, the night was much better than expected and, thankfully, Eiriana seems much, much better today. Still lots of green snot (sorry, tmi!:sign0137:), but in a much better mood and not so teary as yesterday evening - the garlic seems to have done its job!
We almost had to make a dash to ER this morning though as she was jumping around and fell, bumping her mouth on the coffee table. SO MUCH BLOOD!:eek: I've seen so many accidents like this working with little kids, but I still go into panics whenever anything happens to my princess! I know how terrible that might sound, but really, I've had lots of training in dealing with situations like this, and with the kids at school I'm usually very calm and can get everything sorted out no problem. Before I had Eiriana, I would often be very confused as to the fuss a mummy or daddy would make when their kids had little bumps or scatches, but I still remember Eiriana's first bump....goodness, I was on the phone to my father, crying my heart out, calling her paediatrician and everything! Of course she was fine! And I know as well as anyone that we need these bumps and scratches when we're little.:blahblah::blahblah:

Anyway, she's fine, checked her teeth and she'd bitten her lip. The blood stopped almost immediatley and she calmed down pretty quickly! THANK GOODNESS!

Anyhows, we're having a day at home today as I want her to recover as quickly as possible. At this point in time, as I look around our apartment, it looks as if we've had burglars! I'm trying to sort out Eiriana's room.....how could a two year old ever accumulate so much stuff? So many toys that she's never used
(none, btw, bought by me or hubby....I'm a Montessorian and believe that children enjoy real objects as opposed to toys) So many books that the bookshelf is bowing under the weight. SO MUCH CR*P THAT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT IS, WHAT IT DOES OR WHERE IT CAME FROM! So we're having a big clean out. A bag of stuff for school, a bag for the orphanage and a truckload for the rubbish!

Had better get back to work anyhow. Still have a lot to do to get this all sorted out!

i've sent eiriana a little card in FB. ;)
hehehe
im about to drag the hubby and fynn out for a walk on the trails so i only have a moment to say:

im totally the same about parental fuss. well, until i had a child of my own, wow...it seems to hurt me more than it hurts him! awwww im a big soppy mop since having fynn.

also,
i didnt know you taught at a montessori school. :)
im pleased to hear it! my best friend in California is a teacher for a montessori school (2nd graders i think). and also, her daughter attends the school as well. i do really like the montessori way. but i dont think i have an option in my area to send fynn to montessori. will have to do more research. however, i suppose i could at least "live" by the ways while he's at home, right?

..must..do.more..research..

oh gawww! hubby is overly ready to go...!! eeek! ciao 4 now

Have caught my daughter's cold...am feeling very shivery, sore throat and lots and lots of sneezing!:sigh:

Things are going pretty well diet wise though, and Eiriana seems to be much better, I'd rather myself be sick than her actually! But I do love to feel sorry for myself!

Since I've been doing CD, I've found myself fluctuating from bouts of diarreah (sp) and terrible constipation. I'm currently having a constipation phase, and it's really not very pleasant! Am not too sure what to do about it as I have no idea what Psyllium Husks are and whether or not I can get them in China...am wondering if there is something else tha I can take?

Anyhows, had better get off to bed soon, we're celebrating UN Day in school all week this week and I need to go to our furthest school first thing in the morning....if you could hear our 2 year olds sing 'Peace is a World Smiling', really melts you away!

Ni'Night for now!

Am sitting here feeling very sorry for myself, have a very bad head cold and feel like I have a sopping wet sponge in my head instead of a brain. There's also a bag of gum drops sitting on my sesk and it is killing me to not dive into them and gobble them up....I'm sure I read somewhere that their the best cure for colds!!!!

Must go home and go to bed

aww!! paula, i can empathise with you...i seem to have brought something home as well. fynn is now a never ending cough & drippy nose machine. i dont have it a fierce as you do! sorry you are unwell.

i hope it passes soon! on the brighter side of this bug: it stops with you...in your home i mean. ((the hubby and baby girl have already felt this pain, right?))

you just take it easy. i wonder if you have the option to sip on marigold boullion or something similar. ((i think we are allowed like a cup of it while SS))...

get the needed rest hun!!

A gum drop free evening for me and after overdosing on Olbas Oil and then a Bufferin night capsule, I slept right through from 8:30 last night 'til 8am this morning. I seemed to have tamed the monster that I thought was killing me yesterday!

AND....When I woke this morning, I browsed through my wardrobe to see what I could wear. I have a total of 2 pairs of trousers, 1 pair of jeans (all donated by my sister-in-law a month ago 'cos she was fed up of seeing my trousers falling down!), a dress and a couple of tops that look half decent on me...none of my clothes fit me...but all for the right reasons:D. I decided to try my Chinese style jacket on. I had this jacket tailored 6 years ago when hubby and I got married. I haven't been able to wear it for the past 5 and a half years. I was going to dump it about 6 months ago because it was so small that I could'nt even get my arms into the arm holes! I put it on today and wore it to work! It's still a little tight (especially when sitting down) but it fits!!! I was a little worried that it was too tight, but hubby gave me such a boost by telling me to 'wear it now, it'll be too big in a couple of weeks'.:D:D:D:D

So, my second mini-goal is reached! I think I may have also reached my third of getting to a size 18 as my size 20 trousers are starting to make their way downwards! Lots of room in waist, hips, bum and legs. My spare tyre is still very much there though, so maybe still a 20 on top. I was gonna get my clothes resized but still haven't got around to it. I can't wait to go shopping when I come home at Christmas, look out Next, here I come!!! It's still gonna be a long while 'til I'm able to go shopping here in Beijing though, usually the largest size is a size 12...the equivalent to a Chinese ..... XXXL :eek:

I was chatting with hubby today about life, the World and, of course, my diet. He was saying about how much happier I am these days. I've always been a confident girl, always a go-getter and always pretty happy. But over the past few years I have become more and more withdrawn, angry with myself and the World and generally VERY bitter. Every time I walked down the street, I felt that people were staring, talking about me and giggling at me. In China it's not considered incredibly rude to call someone fat, so I often had people ask me outright why was I so fat? Why didn't I control my eating? These comments really stung, and being the stubborn ass that I am, I dug my heels in by pretending to not have a problem with my weight and just saying, 'you're the one with the problem, I'm perfectly happy as I am so just let me be.' and stuffing a cream doughnut in my mouth!Bullsh*t! I would often be really stand-offish with people who I paranoidly assumed where whispering behind my back and I always felt eyes on me.....especially whilst eating out!
I know I still have a long, long way to go, gosh, still another 4 stone, but I feel soooo in control. I know that I will reach that goal, hopefully before March next year!

My confidence has returned, my energy, my happiness, I HAVE RETURNED!!!!:character00180:

One of the teachers at school today even said to me 'Paula, you look amazing, even if you stopped now, you would look great' Maybe fishing for a pay rise, but a huge rise for me all the same!!!

9pm and my little monkey still isn't in bed, singing with Daddy, so off I go to sort them out!

21 whole days of complete SS:clap: and the temptation of foods gets less and less with each day! (Although I was fancying a slice of toast with Welsh Butter t'other day:giggle: Shall wait 'til Christmas Morn!

Good Night all.....happy ss'ing

the feeling of fitting into smaller clothes from our pasts is such a great motivator. in fact, i went into evans last month and fit into a 16 skirt. i teared up...and everytime the size gets smaller, my eyes get wetter. the grin gets bigger.

well done on fitting into the jacket. the hubby is right though. it might be too big, before you know it. i had a pair of trousers i wore when i was prego, and thought, great i'll be able to wear them soon! when i tried them on, they fell to the ankles!!! i totally passed them up!

thanks for the great post!!
im so made up that you have come this far already!!

Weigh In this morning - 93.3 :D:D:D, a loss of 2.4 kgs this week (or 5 and a bit pounds).

Very happy with that, seems that my constipation seems to be getting a little bit better, but must still search for Psyllium Husks or order them online! Pretty horrendous haemorrhoids (sp) sorry, I know TMI, just hoping that someone reads this and says, 'yeah, me too, don't worry P!'

Anyway, must go, we have a school Hallowe'en ball this evening, starts at 4:30pm but Eiriana and I have been dressed in our costumes since 9:30 this morning, I'm a pirate and she's a pussycat! Hubby refuses to wear a costume this year as for the past two years I have persuaded him to dress up and when he's got there he's the only parent dressed up (I'm considered teacher as opposed to parent on such occasions!;)) He says that last year he froze his butt off and had so many strange looks of other parents questioning 'who is that guy?' that he's wearing jeans and a jumper and being done with it! Just his luck if everyone turns up in costume tonight!:giggle:

Off we go!!!

Sunday morning...:)
Had a fabulous evening at the All Hallow's Eve Ball last night! Danced the night away to the Monster Mash and the Hallowe'en Conga!! Lots of silly, silly fun!
Very, Very tired when we got home and me and Eiriana crashed as soon as we got through the door.

Woke up to a beutifully sunny morning, very crisp and windy but blue, blue skies, so we all went for a swim this morning and now Daddy is gonna take Eiriana for some lunch while I hit the books and get some work done.

HAPPY SUNDAY TO YOU ALL!!!;)

Before I get to work, I'm gonna work out my losses so far. My scales only weighs in KGs, but head still kinda works in stones and pounds so.....

As of weigh in yesterday, I have lost

14.7 KGS or 32 pounds or 2 stones 4 pounds:D

Am currently 93.3 kgs or 205 pounds or 14 stone 8

6 weeks ago, I was 108 kgs or 237 pounds or almost 17 stone

3 months ago, I was 113 kgs or 248 pounds or 17 stone 10

In January '07 I was 117 Kgs or 258 pounds or 18 stone 6 :eek:

In June '05 (after giving birth to Eiriana) I was 123 kgs or 270 pounds or 19 stone 5 :eek::eek::eek:

(I was 115 kgs before getting pregnant)

:DWOOOHOOOHOOOHOOO:D

I've been on CD for 6 weeks now and apart from a few blips those 2 weeks when I went home for nanny's funeral, I have ss'ed 100%.

I love CD, and I think it loves me!!!!!;)

good morning paula! happy sunday!
first and foremost~

glitterfy033633T648D37.gif

thats an amazing loss! keep it up!!

and on another note:
the halloween event at the school sounds like it was great great fun!! and i have no doubt that it was exhausting for everyone. :p
also, were there any other parents dressed up, after all?? (the hubby chose not to, this year, you mentioned))

also, i was reading through your weight history you just posted. & looking through the progress, i'd have to agree with you and say that i think CD loves you too! hehehe
you have made such a dramatic change to yourself.((and for your family as well!)) i'm sure they want to keep you around for as long as they can!! your body is reeeling with its new self, on a physical health scale i mean.
my son and future children/family in general is the first thing on my list of reasons to keep up with CD. 2nd is: me, of course. ;) i think my list goes to maybe 15 ...but i wont go into them here...this is about YOU. not me!!

32 lbs is a massive amount to lose...and i bet your body feels so different now. i remember when i lost just the first 20 or so. i couldnt really see it in my clothes just yet but wow, i felt sooo much lighter in my step. walking up the hill to get home became so much easier, well walkign in general became a cinch, to be honest. it wasnt such a feat.

you dont need me to tell you that you are proving to be a very strong CD'er! keep it up! your motivation is pure inspiration for us!

i hope the rest of your sunday is great.
will catch up again soon! ;)

A lovely Monday all around but topped off with fab message from my best mate at home. She really nagged me when I told her that I was doing CD. Really worried for my health, but yesterday I sent her the link to my diary. She got back to me with such a positive message, with so much love and encouragement for me to keep going, made me feel warm inside and have had a smile on my face all day long!

I have just read all of your messages on the minimins website and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can'r belive you've lst more than 2stone!!!!! You are completely inspirational and I can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That website is brilliant!

I am on my way to the gym and am feeling completely positive to have a really good workout!

We are going shopping as soon as you come home and will get some fab stuff! I'm really excited as well to buy something really nice in a smaller size. what size are you in now?

You go girlfriend! You can do anything if you put your mind to it as you have clearly demonstrated and your health benefits are the most important.

Love to all of you. Can't wait til christmas!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You know, over the past couple of days, I've been kind of putting the health thing to the back of my mind have been so delighted with the way I look! I was feeling a little guilty when I received Dis's last message,

you have made such a dramatic change to yourself.((and for your family as well!)) i'm sure they want to keep you around for as long as they can!! your body is reeeling with its new self, on a physical health scale i mean.
my son and future children/family in general is the first thing on my list of reasons to keep up with CD.

but...after a lot of thought, I figured that along with this re-found confidence, this extra happy person and the positive energy that I know I must be exuding, I know that the health stuff will just fall into place! The energy or 'qi' is our whole existence and we can change our 'qi', we can make things better...the key is always within ourselves!

Anyhow, enough of this stuff...I need to get my bum into bed...almost 10pm!!!! Sooo late for me!!!

Happy dieting and positive 'qi' to you all for a fabulous week!:vibes:

oooooo.....Friday already, where has this week gone? Well, let me tell you, much of the week has been spent either on the toilet (nothing happening though, tmi - sorry) or looking for Psyllium Husks in health food shops here or on the internet. I've experienced the most uncomfortable, longest period of time ever that I have not been able to ...er...well....poo! 7, very long, very uncomfortable days! I gave myself an enema last night as I was so uncomfortable, didn't work very well though. My assistant gave me some TCM tea to drink today and I didn't care one bit whether or not it may take me out of Ketosis....I was sooooo bloody uncomfortable!!! It worked... hurrah!!! Still feel very bloated and am feeling a little sick but much better than I have been.

I'm feeling quite hungry and a little down this evening. Had little voices in my head telling to me to 'go on, just have one bite, it won't hurt you'. Have resisted up 'til now, am wondering if the tea did actually knock me out of ketosis as I haven't felt like this for...over a month now.

Went shopping this evening and bought some XXXXXL sized thermal underwear long johns and shirt set. (Really I'm not exaggertaing 5XL's - it's probably a size 16-18 British size!) (Absolutely freezing cold here and still no heating. Poor Eiriana looks like a snowman with all her layers and sweaters!) Also bought myself a very nice jacket, a little tight on the bust, but I actually cockily said to the shop assistant 'nevermind, it'll be perfect in a couple of weeks!' Also bought a gorgeous Angora/Cashmere mix cardigan/shrug, I saw it a couple of weeks ago, but they wanted about 80 pounds for it, I managed to haggle it down to about 20 today! wooohooohooohooo! I think I must go get some of my clothes taken in this weekend, it's gonna be quite a while 'til I'm able to get general clothes here, and I've been absolutely freezing this week. I'm also getting fed up of weraing the same two pair of trousers and dress to work every day!

Anyhows, I'm off to turn the electric blanket on and head off to some warmth! Pray that my psyllium husks arrive soon!

Weigh in this morning, just 1.5 lbs off...:(....but I know, better to lose that than to stay the same or gain!!!

Really hope that my Psyllium Husks get here soon. One of my very good friends is a Yogi and she has been teaching me some Yoga asanas to get things moving and I have been massaging my tummy and hands. I think I shall go for a foot massage tonight and ask them to focus on the bowel meridian.

Sorry that my posts lately have all been so full of ...ummm....poo!!!

Lovely weekend to you all, am off to do my studying!

hiya hun! i hope things start moving for ya soon. ehheheehe. ;)
i, too, have issues since being on CD. but its only ever one or the other of the bowel extremes...never a happy normal medium.
oh well, the price we pay, eh?

i must say, though, i love how in tune you are with your body and inner health. ... your qi! :cool: its good stuff.

also, are you using any oils on your skin? if i had remebered, i wouldve started using them as i started losing the weight. but now, im starting and i feel better about it, whether it works or not on aiding excess skin, stetch marks, is another question. if anything, i luv how soft the BioOil is making my skin. :)

ohh, good luck with the psyllium husks. let me know how you get on...errr...if thats not too much detail to dish out.
hehehe

anyways, its getting late for the little man and i'm exhausted from todays Ikea run...
you take care and i'll chat with ya soon!
]OH OH OH OH before i forget:
i say a HUGE well done of losing this week, the 1.5 lbs!!! andi agree, better off than on!!

and, ((im so scatter brained right now so i have forgot to say all this before ending)), i luv your new avatar pic. :eek:! you look so much trimmer already!
gnite!

The heating is on!!! I can come out of my duvet covered world to spend some time on Minimins while Eiriana is napping!!!

Had an OK week. Have been very constipated again all week:argh: but tried to hold off taking anything or doing anything until my Psyllium Husks got here. Today, hgowever, I could wait no longer. I drank half a bottle of bitter waters (used for colonic cleansing). My psyllium husks came this afternoon and as the poo stuff hadn't, I also decided to take a heaped tablespoon of those in a glass of water....oh my goodness, the most vile, yucky, disgusting thing I've ever put into my mouth. I shall try a little less in a shake me thinks!!!! One or the other of these two have worked and I've finally had a poo!!!:sign0137: I know, I'm sorry!!!!

Hopefully, if I can manage to get a little Psy Hu inside me everyday, I will no longer need to gross any readers out with my posts full of - or lacking of Sh*t!

Have a little bit of a sore throat today and really hope thet I'm not coming down with a cold again. 5 teachers have been out over the past couple of days with colds and flus, and so many kids have been off sick too. Thinking of taking a cold capsule to go to bed with tonight, just in case!

I went on Monday for a skin tightening massage, and I think I can really see the difference. Have paid for a course of 10 which I shall use over the next few weeks. Pretty painful, especially on the arms, but bearable. I also ordered my next 3 months supply of CD. The lady who I get it from in Singapore contacted me yesterday with details of a buy one get one free offer that they have on, so I ordered my lot (no banana, strawberry, vanilla or choc this time, really didn't enjoy those flavours.) Two of my teachers also asked me to get some for them too!

Am feeling really, really hungry!!! Am looking forward to an Oriental Chilli soup for my dinner tonight.

Have been chatting with Kay, the girl who introduced me to VLCD's, I mentioned something the other day that I will SS til December 17th, the day I fly home for Christmas, then I'll be eating over the Christmas holidays as my mammy would be very upset with me if I didn't. She said that this 'guilt' eating, when you are too worried about other people's feeling that you feel pressurized to eat was one of the issues that they addressed in LL meetings. I've been thinking a lot about it and realising that I am always scared of what my Mam and Dad will say. Yesterday I told Mam that I will bring my soups and shakes home with me and, for the first week at least will only eat one meal a day. I, myself don't want to go without Christmas Dinner, so between Christmas and New Years, I will eat, carefully. I get back to Beijing on January 4th, so I will start back SS'ing then. My mam surprises me so much - her reaction was, that seems like a good plan!:confused:

Really, the things that we imagine!

Anyhows, my tummy is a calling!!

Love to you all!

Weigh in this morning and am very happy as have lost 4.5 pounds!:D 5 weeks til I go home and am hoping for a 20lb weight loss by then. My Christmas ticker shows that I have 14lbs to go....doable?

I have been CD'ing for 8 weeks exactly today and my losses so far are:
Date
Weight (KGS)
Cumulative Loss KGS
Start Weight – 15 Sep

6 Oct
13 Oct
27 Oct
3 Nov
10 Nov
17.4 (38 lbs)

Have a very busy day ahead...so 'til later