The fat is back

goood morning/afternoon, Paula!
always a treat to hear about your movements, i must say! haaaaa!!! just kidding. i dont mind. i think that if there's one of us in the bunch that express these doodie woes, it saves so many others from having to ask the end all question: Am i the only one having these problems??

well, suffice to say, No! we alll have them at one time or the other whilst on a vlcd. just the ways of it all i suppose. and now that i think about it...hmmm ... i suspect its been ages for me as well. Must get a "move on" soon with that.

and your chart...i cant say that its easy to read and i know it didnt turn out the way you intended...but after minutes of study it, i get it. :)
you have done so very very well so far! and there's nooooo doubt you'll lose another 14 before your return home for the holidays!

and wow!!! 5lbs this week!!! ahhh i sooo miss the early stages of the diet. i really do. the stages when i was still sooo motivated and didnt have a care or a crave in the world...not even to nibble. every once in a while, i'll have a nibble free day. i think that since i'll be coming off SS/CD very soon, i will have to get my ass in gear. and make it worth the expense & the time!!!

ok rant over.
i'm happy you finally have heat! but sorry to hear about the cold/flu thats going around! hope it skips you this time!!! take care of that sore throat as well!!

ok, the Fynn is summoning me...or rather, his doody diaper is! haa! you take care and we'll chat soon hun!

Sleepy....:nightf:
I'm supposed to be studying, but I'm getting too cocky. My assignment is due in next week, and I have a whole folder to read through yet, but am feeling that there's no problems!

Have just been doing a little online Christmas shopping, that could really get addictive and I must stop!

Well, I suppose I had get my bum into gear and get some work done!

Have a great Sunday!

Just been chatting to my hubby about my Christmas fears. I'm terrified of eating! I want to have a nice Christmas at home with everyone, but 'cos I live over here, there are so many things that I miss....Fish and Chips, pork pies, liver pate on french bread, and usually when I go home, I fill up on these things! I'm hoping that Mam and Dad will still be on their healthy eating programme when I get home so that there will be plenty of protein rich, low fat foods. Plenty of Mackeral and Salad, tofu and omlette.....I'm prepared for a Christmas Dinner, but do any of you find that your stomach shrinks after not eating for a couple of months. I really hope that that is the case.

Anyhows, I have a silly story to tell! This morning I was making Eiriana soft-boiled egg and solidiers. I put the egg in but didn't time it. I guessed when it should be cooked, took it out, cut the top off only to find that the white was still runny. What to do? I thought, as I had already broken into the egg, I could put it in the egg cup and pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds. 25 seconds into this marvelous idea there was a huge explosion that scared me half to death! Needless to say, a huge mess was to be cleaned up too!

Oh dear- how egg-citing! (groan...sorry!)

I was just reading through the last few pages of your diary and wanted to say a massive well done!
The joy of your journey and the great feelings that come when you're feeling better, getting compliments, and feeling in control, really come across brilliantly and took me back.

Exactly a year ago I'd become a "normal" BMI and felt like a new person. It's taken me a while to adjust though; to my new self, to normal ways of eating and to nurturing myself properly. I'd never learned that before which was why I was overweight, so in some ways reaching goal was just the start of the journey.

Some of your concerns about Christmas are ringing bells with me, so I just wanted to say a few things. Obviously this is just my perspective and some of this advice is to be found scattered around Minimins, but please do ignore if it doesn't sit right! Anyway, the thoughts;

1. "Does your stomach shrink?" YES! Well, not just that but your digestive system isn't used to processing food in the same way. If you went from SS to full-on Christmas, you'd probably have tummy pains and discomfort. How about doing AAM, then 790 for a few days before? That'll ease you into it. If you see the Christmas hols as mainly 790 with the odd digression, that might help reduce any binging temptations but allow you to have treats.

2. Parental attitude. It must be a revelation to suddenly dicover how much of your eating might have been about "pleasing" other people, or fitting into expectations. Hurrah that your Mum was receptive to your plan. Maybe it'll be good to keep thinking about how much else of your previous eating/food attitudes have been based on other folk's/family beliefs about food.

3. Health. I know I was far more excited about the aesthetic part of losing weight at first. Then, eventually somehow doing CD has reconnected me with my body, and how the food I put in, does have an impact on actual bodily processes. You sound really body and health-aware with your massages, yoga etc, so I bet it's eventually your commitment to your own best health that will keep you not just taking CD as far as it needs to go for you, but also taking the best possible "maintenance" path afterwards.

Finally; all that best for that trip to "Next" in the holidays-there's some really nice things in at the moment-
so how amazing it will be to have a spree and kit out the new you!

This morning I was making Eiriana soft-boiled egg and solidiers. I put the egg in but didn't time it. I guessed when it should be cooked, took it out, cut the top off only to find that the white was still runny. What to do? I thought, as I had already broken into the egg, I could put it in the egg cup and pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds. 25 seconds into this marvelous idea there was a huge explosion that scared me half to death! Needless to say, a huge mess was to be cleaned up too!
well, sounds like im not the only one that has made an egg explode in the microwave!!

hello hello!!
sorry i haven't replied to your posts on my diary! i have been reading them though. i tend to get distracted.

the weekend has been lovely, indeedy! hubby booked friday/monday off so we're getting a bit more family/chill time in. so aside of the nasty nasty rotten weather, all has been great. how have you been feeling? i hope the sore throat has gone away by now as well.

i bet you are soo looking forward to visiting the family over xmas. does the hubby come to wales with you? also, how is the "travelling with toddler" experience? ((sadly, i cant make it home for xmas but will probably fly to california jan/feb.. with only fynn as the hubby may or may not still be an independent contractor)) terrified to take a long haul flight with fynn.

and i have to say that everytime i have travelled home, both the hubby and i tend to go totally crazy on alllll the foods that we miss...reallly get our fill! of course, the next visit will have to a test of strength! mmmMMMmmm cali-mexican food....ahhhhh!!! full of lard! full of yumm! but that was the fatty me. i would like to imagine that i will make the right choices. in fact, i KNOW that if we both keep in mind how far we've come and how hard we've worked, you will not want to go tooo crazy on home comforts.

on another note, im pleased that my photos, as well as the others who have posted, have sparked a bit of inspiration for you friend. i wish her very great success on the diet!!!

and that brings me to THE Xmas plan...
i know that we are definitely going to have a meal at either the MIL or FIL's home. i will have my breakfast drink as normal and try to consume a large portion of my daily water intake before lunch is on. i will be eating the meat...provided that its not overly fatty. i Will have some veg...and i think i will probably grab a prewashed, bagged salad and bring that with me...something to fill the remainder of my plate. :) AND also, if i felt that holiday urge to have 2nds? i just eat more of my bagged salad. ((which i LOVE)).

now its yet to be determined if we are to travel later that day to the MIL's farm for a later meal. if we do, the same rules/plans apply. except smaller portions and MORE water.
i will also allow for 1 glass/unit of alcohol.

so. thats my plan. so far.
;)

i have to cut the post off here for now. i'm shattered!! and i'm trying for an early night...also, tomorrow is WI day.!! :devilangel:

have a lovely monday and we'll chat again soon!

:cry::cry:It's 8:30pm and I'm here with my laptop in bed. My baby girl is very sick again and we came to be at about 7pm but she's tossing and turning so much that I don't want to leave her side. She's running a fever, coughing like a miner and complaining of a sore ear and a sore throat. Hubby took her to the doctors today and they gave her a course of antibiotics as well as some cough syrup and some TCM medicine. I really wish it was me who was sick and not her. I hate to see her so miserable.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I have quite a lot to post, some new findings in my own emotional well being, but I think I'll leave all of that 'til my baby is better. I think I just need to be at peace right now

Awww Paula, big hugs to you both, I hope she's better soon, there's nothing worse than your own child being poorly and you feeling helpless is there. If our love and concern made our children better they'd never have a days illness would they. You take care:hug99:

Thanks Dawnyblue, hugs are what we've needed an awful lot of these past few days!
Eiriana is still quite poorly with on/off fevers and a terrible cough. She's terribly grumpy and has not been to nursery all week, which for her is so sad as she absolutely loves school! Still taking anti-biotics and definately much better than she was the other day, but I so wish it was me who could take her pain!:sigh:

She's sleeping now and I'm gonna spend half an hour here catching up some.

OK, so my emotional discoveries. After my chat with hubby the other evening about my fish 'n chip/pork pie fears for Christmas, I started to think quite a lot. I know that what I'm going to say is very obvious to all who read it, but for me to actually recognise and then admit this problem is a huge step for me.

All of this time I have been putting so much blame on my parents, my mam especially. I've been thinking all of this time that, Christmas especially, I will have to eat so many things 'cos I don't want to upset anyone. I'm only home for a couple of weeks every year and I don't want to cause any bad atmosphere by being a fussy eater or by not eating at all. While some of the above may be true, the biggest revelation is that, I probably use this non-existent pressure as an excuse to eat.
I chatted with my mam about it last night, and I'm pretty sure that Mam and Dad have both made a concious decision to make a change this Christmas. They are limiting their chocolate to just one box between the whole family for the whole holiday. Healthy eating (fish and salad and the like) in the run up to Christams and then again until New Year. Christmas dinner will be just a Turkey breast with veggies and gravy as opposed to our usual Turkey, Beef and Pork meat feast (which has to be eaten between slabs of Thick White Bread for the days following Christmas Day.)

Anyhows, not as riveting a revelation as I possibly made it out to be, but still good to understand myself a little more!

Some more news....I forgot all about this and I was so excited when it happened, oh well, there goes my brain for you!

Last weekend I sorted out my wardrobe to clean away the Summer clothes, and of course the clothes that no longer fit. I left myself with 2 size 20 trousers which don't fall down but are still rather large, a dress, (which can't fall down) and a couple of tops. I clearred away two huge vacuum bags of size 24 clothes and then took another lot to the tailor to get altered. The tailor laughed when he saw me coming out of the cubicle holding my trousers so that they didnt fall down around my ankles! He suggested I get new ones made as this was no simple task, they were so big that they needed to be completely taken apart and a brand new pair of trousers made! He altered them (plus a suit, some skirts, my Winter Jacket and some shirts) for me all the same and I went to collect yesterday. When I saw the trousers I held them up and thought, 'oh know, he's gone too far. They're gonna be too small.' I came home to try them on as the Market was soooo cold. A very pleasant surprise when I slipped them on and the waist still fell. Need to go back and get them taken in some more. Its so nice to pick up clothes, look at them and think, 'i'll never fit into that!' but then, not only fit into it but for it to be far too big for you! HMMM:D

Anyhow, I meant to spend some time reading and catching up on other peoples diary's and posts, but my bed is a calling. I have an interview at 9am in the morning and I need to get some staffing shotages sorted out before then, so I'd better be off! Anyone looking for a placement teaching 1-6 year olds in China, give me a shout!!!

Sorry to hear your little one's still not well Paula, hope she's better soon.

what fab news about your clothes, clothes can make you feel very down when; nothing fits, you can't get anything nice for a special occasion and everything you wear just looks horrible. BUT clothes can be very magical in making you feel high when; you get into something you haven't worn for years, or pants start falling down or someone looks at you in a new outfit and says Wow! but best of all when you look at yourself in the mirror and think WOW!

Keep it up your'e doing fabulous :clap:

A rather horrible week here at the Zhou household. Work has been nasty, Eiriana has been really poorly all week, and then to top everything off, I got my period yesterday. Thursday evening was spent wanting to eat chocolate. I fought off temptation, but yesterday it all returned again. Chatterboxes were telling me to eat as it wouldn't hurt, I could just get back on when I was feeling better. My need to get 20 lbs off before I go home for Christmas finally won the battle and I didn't give in, but I wasn't happy about it!

Well where to start, I had a bit of a run in with one of the senior teachers at school about a week ago. We have worked together for almost 9 years and are not only colleagues but very good friends. But something had happened that I was displeased about and I needed to speak to her about it. I truly believe that our school runs so well because I make an effort to make friends with most of the staff. I am very approachable and they all know that my office door is always open. This can sometimes cause conflict however when I need to put my principal's hat on. Bobbie was incredibly upset and threatened to leave the school. For the whole week we have been bickering about the situation and, even though I apologised to her (for doing my job??? :confused:) she was furious with me. It upset me so much. I love Bobbie so much. She has been there for me through thick and thin, then, a couple of days ago, she even approached me to tell me that over the past 9 years, every time I make a joke, it upsets her so much and she often spends sleepless nights thinking about what has been said. If you knew Bobbie, this would shock you as much as it did me. She is the biggest joker that you could meet and is always cracking jokes with and about other people. I sometimes even tend to think that she taught me all I know! I was so upset with this comment that I wrote a letter apologising for upsetting her for all of this time and suggesting that from that day forward we keep our relationship strictly professional as I could not bare the guilt of upsetting her.

She came to speak with me yesterday and apologised for the whole thing. She said that something evil had got into her and she really shouldn't have behaved the way she did especially as I had a sick child at home (she is Eiriana's teacher). She asked if we could continue as if this whole thing had never happened, which of course is what I had been suggesting and trying for the whole week! But hopefully things will be OK soon.

As with Eiriana. She started off last weekend quite poorly with a fever and a terrible cough. On Tuesday her cough was so bad that Xiao Zhou took her to the hospital to get checked out. The doc gave her some antibiotics, and some cough medicine which she has been taking all week. But things don't seem to be getting better. She's still getting on/off fevers, her cough is still really bad and to top everything off, I think the infection has gone into her intestinal tract as she has been up all night vomiting and with diarheah. She's asleep at my side now, so I'll see how she's doing later, if she's no better I think we'll be making another trip to the hospital. :sigh:

So, with me. My period arrived yesterday. I wasn't expecting it at all as I never remember the date that I'm supposed to start, and this past month has gone by sooooo quickly. It's only 5 weeks to Christmas and 4 weeks til we go home!

Eiriana is getting quite excited about going home, she loves her Nanny and Grampy very much! (They spoil her wrotten when they see her as that's not very often!) Xiao Zhou is also pretty excited to go home this year. He usually doesn't enjoy going home as much as I do, one reason being the language, he actually speaks and understands English really well, but the valleys accent gets him sometimes! And he's incredibly shy...so although he's fine with my Mam and Dad, he relies on me for translation or just doesn't join in the converstaion when around others. The second reason is the food. He loves my mams chips, but as we're all on diets he's probably not gonna get them this time! He eats really healthily otherwise, lots of vegetables, stir-fried in minimum oil and water. 'Boiled til theres no taste left in them' veggies just don't hit the spot for him!
I think as Eiriana gets more and more excited about Christmas, he's also feeling a little bit of the spirit! Just need to get some shopping done now!

Hope that you all have a lovely weekend!

I was walking through the shopping mall near the school the other day and got very excited by the animal print fashions that were everywhere. This shopping mall is no back street dive, it's the home to Prada, Gucci, Agnes B, Chanel, Marc Jacobs and all the other big names...and in every shop window, animal print!

When I woke up this morning, I got a chair from the dining room, stood on it and scoured the top of my wardrobe, and there they were. My 1996, lycra bell bottomed, size 16, leopard print trousers. OOOHHHHH!

I have them on now with a brown hoody jumper, and oh how I'm loving this! :D Not only do the fit, they are very roomy....and the thighs are positively BAGGY! I'm not getting too excited as they are lycra, but....WOW!!!!

It's almost 11'o clock here but I have only just got up and Xiao Zhou and Eiriana are still in bed. Yesterday afternoon, Eiriana just seemed to be getting worse and everything that went in just came straight back out. She had absolutely no strength and kept falling down and just laying were she had fallen and dropping off to sleep. So at about 6pm, after a day of no pee from her, we thought that oral rehydration salts were just not cutting it for her and we headed to the Children's Hospital.
There, they checked her out, established that her cough was not just a normal cough but she had acute bronchitis and maybe possible pneumonia. They took blood to test for different intestinal problems, and, thankfully, they all came back clear, but she still needed to spend the night in hospital under observation and on an antibiotic/rehydration drip. We left the hospital at about 6am this morning. She seems to be doing a lot better, no vomiting or diarheah since about midnight, she hasn't taken any solids yet, but she has had had plenty of oral fluids and even that was pumping up off her yesterday.
They have changed her oral antibiotics and told us that if there is no improvement in the cough over the next couple of days that we must go back straight away to get a chest x-ray taken as it has probably developed into pneumonia!:sigh: My poor baby. :sigh::sigh::sigh:

She cried so hard when they put the IV in and took the blood, I was shaking so much, I just wish that I could take all of her pain and bare it myself.

I always worry so much about taking medicines. I very rarely take medicines such as pain killers or antibiotics as I know that they damage your system in so many other ways. I believe and trust in Traditional Chinese Medicine and other holistic methods of prevention and healing. Eiriana has never had antibiotics before and I'm also really careful with Calpol/Tylenol and even bonjela. I've administered Calpol probably 3 times in her 2.5 years, and I still have a whole tube of Bonjela left as that too was used only 3-4 times! But, the way she was yesterday and this whole week, I know that there is a time and place, a time and a place!

Anyhow, I hope that all of you are having pleasant weekends.

Love to you all!

Oh Paula, sending hugs to you hun. Its dreadful when a child is poorly, we feel so helpless. You did the right thing in getting her to hospital hun, hopefully she will be much better today when you see her. Children are resiliant little things and she will bounce back in no time. Will be thinking of you today xxxxx

Thanks Eclipse,
She seems to be a lot better today and as soon as I opened the curtains today her eyes opened wide and she squealed 'It's a very sunny day, let's go out to play!'. She's had diarrheah once this morning and she is still very, very weak,(she's sleeping on the sofa right now), but there has been no vomiting up 'til now.

The hospital gave original flavour rehydration salts which she will not drink. I've been getting her to drink lots of gatorade (lucozade) and she's managed about half a bottle of that as well as some water and some homemade carrot and cornmeal soup.

Her cough is still very, very phlegmy, but I think if she can get some strength back after this vomiting and diarrheah, she will fight that off. She is a very strong little girl, and rarely gets sick, and I know she'll get better very soon, I just hate to see her so listless.:sigh:

Well, my angel seems to be a lot better today. She still has a terrible cough and has still thrown up and had diarrheah a couple of times, but her spirits are so much higher and she seems so much more like herself. Hope that this time she really does recover!

I'm doing well, a rather busy but productive Monday. Feel so much less stressed and worried about Eiriana today.

Had a rather embarrassing but nice thing happen to me today. I was sitting in my office when a dad that I hadn't seen for a long time came into the school. He stood outside my office window for quite some time just looking in, and then his jaw started to drop. He came straight into the office and said ' what have you been doing? Look at you for goodness sake, why did I never have a principal as sexy as that?' He then left the office, grabbed his wife and said, 'have you seen her, have you seen how great she looks!' As I said, really rather embarrassing, but nice all the same!!!!:D

Later this afternoon, his wife came back to the school and said that's all he talked about all day was how great I looked:eek:

Have just sent my assignment off, so I can relax for a week or so, then I need to get back to the grind to get the rest done!

Love to you all on this - from what my mum says anyhow, very wet Monday.

hello there mrs paula!

i havent been posting at all lately...having issues with internet and with the dieting..rather, the lack there of! ((i'll mentino that in my diary so you dont have to hear it twice. )) ;)

righty, it sounds like your eirianna has been going thru the ringer lately with this illness! and of course, it hurts the mommies so much more i think, when they are unwell or injured. awww poor little girlie girl. i hope she is back to 100% sooon! ((and i didnt know gatorade was sold in china...havent seen or heard of it since i was back home, myself))

and as far as the parent/father embarassing moment:
wow!! it does feel soooo nice, doesnt it? ok ok its embarrassing at times, but the aftermath, the feeling when you are alone afterwards is wonderful. well done to you missy!!!!
you have done so well with no blips or problems!! keep it up!!!!!

Back