The Fat One at the End of the Corridor

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by baileys, 4 March 2008 Social URL.

1. baileys

baileys Full Member

I don't know whether to cry or be angry..? :badmood:

A porter came to deliver some notes to me at work today - as the corridor to my office is key coded - one of my collegues let him though and when he asked for me and my collegue said its the lady in the office at the end - 'Oh' he said - 'you mean the fat one at the end of the corridor' - she sniggered and said to him thats not very nice - I then procedded to walk out of another office nearer to them than my own (where I was listening in!) take the notes and walk off - when what i really wanted to do was smack them both over the head with them - I can't belive I said nothing - but you know when you want to say something but can't find the right words -I've been brooding about it ever since :mad:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mr & Mrs chubbychops

Mr & Mrs chubbychops Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    You are the better person for not responding to childish comments like that! Be positive next time he comes he wont recognise you and you can point out the error of his ways then. won't his face be a picture.

Louise

4. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

What a nasty pair...people like that should just be ignored!

5. Catito

Catito Full Member

Thats horrible, but just remember you are going to be slim and gorgeous while they will always be ignorant a***s. Had a similar thing happen to me a couple of years ago and I know how you feel, its not nice. "hugs"

6. Melaniep

Melaniep Member

That is damn right rude, I've always been "The Fat One" and it's not nice. Ignore them :hug99:

7. LizS81

LizS81 Has been AWOL

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.46%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    that is so rude. I'd never have been able to walk away without either replying with something totally childish, or bursting into tears, so well done for keeping your dignity!!!

8. Mumof2girls

Mumof2girls Full Member

People who get a kick out of mocking peoples faults have more faults of their own. They are not worth worrying about. Well done to you for the way you dealt with it.

9. Dinosaur

Dinosaur Full Member

:hug99: That's a horrible thing to hear.

I can't believe how rude some people can be.:mad:

I hope it spurs you on to continue, and rub their noses in it when you are at goal. I'd be inclined to be dressed to the nines in my size 12 outfit, and wander past them and just whisper ' I'm not the fat on at the end of the corridor now, am I', then smile smugly and leave them to stew.

Remeber, revenge is a dish best served cold:D

10. shinyhappyperson

shinyhappyperson Silver Member

My usual retort to such a comment is "I can lose weight, but you'll always be ugly".

11. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    Cheeky sods. I'm a firm believer that what goes around comes around, so you'll get your own back one day.

12. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

ditto all the previous comments. It really upsets me to hear people behaving like this. It shows they really are not nice people at all.

Remember they are unpleasant and don't let them change your plans. Use the energy to keep going

13. Bagpuss

Bagpuss Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    That makes me furious. That kind of behaviour - very personal comments that distressed you, and which were made in a public working space - actually merit a complaint to your line manager. At the very least, the two of them deserve a 'quiet word' from their bosses. I know being large at work (and I was very very large) and complaining about personal remarks about your size can feel very difficult. Unlike remarks made on the grounds of race or disibility, we feel embarrassed enough about our 'self inflicted' problem to believe that in some way we were asking for it or that we don't have grounds to complain. Or don't want to draw attention to ourselves any further. But that's the mindset that allows ignorant gits like the ones you encountered to feel that it's OK to talk to address us or talk about us in that way. Seriously, think about having a word with someone about it: if it caused you pain or humiliation it's to be taken seriously.

14. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    well said Bagpuss!!!

15. SharonJayne1970

SharonJayne1970 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.15%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    People should just learn to engage their brains before they open their gobs!!! Honestly some people make me so mad. I have had this kind of comment made to me before and my comeback was the same as OFMum about being ugly. Don't let this people ruin your day they are not worth it

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.