Step 1 Sole Source The fight between want and need

AbbyR23

Having been following this website religiously for the past 3 weeks i've decided I would decide to start my own weight loss diary.
I like many of you have always battled with my weight and I have always found that the older I got the more I gained, when I was 12 I weighed 12 stone, 13 - 13 stone etc until I reached 15. I finally decided that I wanted to do something about it and since then I keep battling!
At the age of 15 I joined a spin class and went religiously once a week and started a food diary, by doing this I managed to get down to 13st3 and ever since I have stayed the same weight.
Ive tried weight watchers, slimming world, slim fast the works but after a couple of weeks I seem to just give up and decide that 'actually i'm quite happy being this weight' and go back to binge eating and not being happy.
Then July 2012 my little sister joined the cambridge diet, we had only ever heard of CWP because my Nan had done it and lost loads of weight. My sister was bigger than me and I knew she was really unhappy and when the weight just started dropping off I was so happy for her. It was then that I decided I no longer want to put up with being 13 stone something and that after years of having 11st7 as a goal that actually I was going to get there!
So here I am, 3 weeks ago I joined CWP and was so motivated to begin with, I managed a 5ilb loss in my first week (was hoping for a little more) and then 4ilbs on week two, I am halfway through week 3 and I already feel myself giving up on this. I know if I stick at it that my body in ketosis will do all the work for me and by the beginning of July I may well have hit my target no problem but by all means this diet is not as easy as I first anticipated!

For one, I am going to be truely honest and inform you all that I have cheated, the worst bit is I don't really feel bad for it, it wasn't even a little cheat it was a binge! I now feel very sick, very full and definitely now know it was definitely not worth it.
I hope that writing this blog and maybe with a little help from fellow bloggers we can get through this and reach our final goals :)

Forgot to add, another reason I have decided to join CWP is because I, at the age of 20, have been diagnosed with coeliac disease and I struggled so hard to find gluten and wheat free foods to eat that I have opted to lose weight and not have to worry about if i'm allowed to eat certain foods at the same time!

Having been following this website religiously for the past 3 weeks i've decided I would decide to start my own weight loss diary.
I like many of you have always battled with my weight and I have always found that the older I got the more I gained, when I was 12 I weighed 12 stone, 13 - 13 stone etc until I reached 15. I finally decided that I wanted to do something about it and since then I keep battling!
At the age of 15 I joined a spin class and went religiously once a week and started a food diary, by doing this I managed to get down to 13st3 and ever since I have stayed the same weight.
Ive tried weight watchers, slimming world, slim fast the works but after a couple of weeks I seem to just give up and decide that 'actually i'm quite happy being this weight' and go back to binge eating and not being happy.
Then July 2012 my little sister joined the cambridge diet, we had only ever heard of CWP because my Nan had done it and lost loads of weight. My sister was bigger than me and I knew she was really unhappy and when the weight just started dropping off I was so happy for her. It was then that I decided I no longer want to put up with being 13 stone something and that after years of having 11st7 as a goal that actually I was going to get there!
So here I am, 3 weeks ago I joined CWP and was so motivated to begin with, I managed a 5ilb loss in my first week (was hoping for a little more) and then 4ilbs on week two, I am halfway through week 3 and I already feel myself giving up on this. I know if I stick at it that my body in ketosis will do all the work for me and by the beginning of July I may well have hit my target no problem but by all means this diet is not as easy as I first anticipated!

For one, I am going to be truely honest and inform you all that I have cheated, the worst bit is I don't really feel bad for it, it wasn't even a little cheat it was a binge! I now feel very sick, very full and definitely now know it was definitely not worth it.
I hope that writing this blog and maybe with a little help from fellow bloggers we can get through this and reach our final goals :)

Forgot to add, another reason I have decided to join CWP is because I, at the age of 20, have been diagnosed with coeliac disease and I struggled so hard to find gluten and wheat free foods to eat that I have opted to lose weight and not have to worry about if i'm allowed to eat certain foods at the same time!

Hi Abby!

Welcome! Your story I so familiar, as a child I actually thought at 7 you weigh 7 stone, 8 is 8 and so on!!

I spend many years on and of with slimming world, but never quite got there, I too lost 2 stone but it was as far as it went, so I took action and did CWPC as taking food out of the equation meant there was no room for error.

Fortunately for me it took me 6 months to slip up, last night actually - I ate a whole lotta crap and didn't stop until I had had enough, some of it was worth it, the rest of it not! (I should say I've had 2-3 planned breaks during the 6 months, but this was the first time it wasn't planned)

But hey, we're human, it happens. DON'T GIVE UP! I'm almost at target and believe me it is worth giving up those things, it is worth missing out, it is worth so much more than the temporary pleasure that food have you!

If you have time I have a diary, have a read, a lot of people say it helps (there's a link at the bottom of my signature)

Ria

X

Back