The Final Countdown

Well done x

Moving on to Level 3

Hello is that the police? Yes I'd like to report an attempted murder. Just done Level 3 of 30 Day Shred & I'm now certain Jillian Michaels is trying to kill me!
:whacky068: :whip:
Travelling press-ups - planks with leg raises - side planks - jumping squats - seriously? That woman wants me dead!

I was absolutely dripping with sweat!

Even after being totally battered by Jillian I went on to do my Body Pump class and 60mins of cardio (15mins rowing 15mins xtrainer 30mins treadmill) wonder if I'll be in any fit state to go spinning in the morning?!

Salmon Burgers - thanks Honeyoc

Spotted this in the receipe section and gave it a go for lunch today - swapped out a few of the ingredients (red onion instead of shallots and left out the sweet chilli sauce) it was yummy in my HexB roll with salad :gimi:Serves 2
1/2 a syn each

IMG-20110619-00003.jpg

IMG-20110619-00004.jpg

IMG-20110619-00006.jpg

2 salmon fillets
1 clove garlic
1 birds eye chilli
1 small shallot
1 heaped tsp ground ginger
Salt & pepper
1/2 tsp old bay seasoning
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
Fresh coriander

Chop the shallot, chilli and garlic in a food processor. Cut the salmon into cubes and add to the food processor. Add the salt, pepper, old bay, ginger, coriander and lemon zest. Pulse to chop and mix together but not completely blend.

Take out of the processor, form into patties and fry in oil spray, about 4 minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other side. When you flip the burger add the lemon juice and allow to cook out.

Serve in a bread bun or pitta bread spread with laughing cow light, top with 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce (0.5), sliced gherkins and fresh coriander leaves.

Its also great with a salad and chips!

I'm getting a little worried about weigh in on Friday. I know I've been sticking to plan but I'm concerned that I may be eating too much :( my problem has been that I've an appetite of a grown man! When I lived with my brother you couldn't tell the difference between our plates at meal times! He's 6ft 2in and 18 stone so me at 5ft 2in had no business eating the same as him - no wonder my weight ballooned to 15 stone!

That's why I love Slimming World - because there's no weighing and measuring - there's no need for me to go hungry. What I need to be careful of is even though a food is 'free' that doesn't make it 'calorie free' and if I eat exactly what my body wants I will maintain my weight - I need to eat less than it needs in order to see the numbers going down on the scales.

Yes you can definitely eat too much - free food has a calorific value - though SW takes away the need to calorie count by following E/E with 1/3 Superfree filling you up - makes it difficult to eat above your daily calorie requirement.

What I need to keep in mind is I need a daily calorie deficit of 500 to total the 3500 calories needed to lose a pound a week - so no calorie deficit = no weight loss!

I'm the first to admit that I workout more in the gym so I can eat more! That's why this week I've been really watching my portion sizes as I'm desperate for a big loss that all my hard work at the gym deserves!

I'm massively in awe of how much exercise you are doing!
Good work and I'm a little inspired now......

Totally agree with pnewton...

Just read through your diary and can't believe how much exercise you are doing! I really hope you get a good loss this week as you definately deserve it. I think I may just go out and get the 30 day shred and try it for myself :D

Weigh in - finally in the 11s

2lb off for me this week :happy036:
Also awarded Slimmer of the Week :gimi:
So that's me into the 11 stones bracket :party0019: FINALLY it's taken long enough!!

Now I need to ensure I don't go overboard when I go and see Bon Jovi at Hyde Park tomorrow (stay away from the burger van and beer tent :eek:) hopefully I can maintain that loss and never see 12 stones ever again :D

Hard Rock Calling!!

Just a quickie as I've just got in from seeing Bon Jovi at Hard Rock Calling in Hyde Park! They were amazing! On stage for THREE HOURS so I'm totally knackered from jumping up and down and the 30 minute walk from Hyde Park to South Kensington station to get the tube (ah well guess it all adds up to Body Magic!)

Really pleased to have resisted the beer tent and burger van that everyone else was scoffing and boozing from. And stayed well within my Flexi Syn budget I'd set for myself.

Ended up having only the Pollo Piccante pizza in Ask (I'd normally have the Bruschetta to start 23 1/2 Syns and Chocolate Fudge cake for dessert 34 1/2 Syns) so happy to have only used 30 Syns for the pizza (I only ate 3/4 of it) :character00254: and 9 Syns for the rose wine (3 of us shared a bottle) then had a Strawberry Corneto for 9 1/2 Syns while lazying about in the sun in the park :cool:

Totally chuffed :D under 50 Syn spend and well worth it!

Back to the grindstone

Well after such a fantastic day yesterday - its back to the grindstone of sticking to Syns and working out :whacky068::whip: did Body Pump today - found it really hard work as its a the new release so music and moves have changed - I miss Bon Jovi not being the squat track anymore :( then did 5k on rowing machine - that was hard work - only thing that kept me going for those 30mins was the thought of lounging in outdoor jacuzzi after - bliss :cool:

Well you certainly are in the zone and you are getting the results you've earnt xx

30 Days nearly over

Had the great delight of working Monday/Tuesday night duty so now feel like my body clock is all over the shop :sigh: this would normally be where I end up over indulging due to feeling tired and sorry for myself but doing the Shred certainly put paid to that :p

I've been contemplating my progress as I get to the end of this month - it really is amazing how far my fitness has improved and even though I'm disappointed with only a 2lb loss for the whole of June :( the compliments on my changing shape have been coming thick and fast! Felt great being able to work a whole 12hr shift in Size 14 trousers without the feeling that they were cutting me in half so I definitely have Jillian Michael's to thank for that!

I love the sense of empowerment the Shred gives me. I used to think all that self discovery blah on The Biggest Loser was just for the cameras but somehow working out and feeling myself getting stronger has changed my mental attitude about everything - oh dear lord I sound like one of the contestants :eek:

30 Day Shred done and dusted

So that's it 30 days done and dusted on the Shred - will sort out posting my measurements tomorrow - this is just a quick post as I'm not feeling very well at the moment :(

Had an ultrasound scan this afternoon to try and establish why my periods are so long and heavy (apologies if too much information!) not only are they painful and physically draining but I believe they are affecting my weight loss - I have so many friends who have been doing the Shred with me reporting huge amounts of weight loss and all I've lost is 2lb this month :mad:

Anyway, I've got 3 fibriods that are each about 2inches in size :eek: and a 'lumpy' womb lining :cry: I've not been told this officially - was earwigging the doctor dictating his report whilst getting dressed :p I won't get the proper results for another 2 weeks so I'm researching as much as I can in order to improve my stupidly slow rate of weight loss.

Right I'm off to bed now - got a banging headache :sigh:

Friday Weigh In - Week 26

Just a quickie as I really need to take a nap (had a lousy nights sleep) before getting ready for the Here and Now concert at The O2 Arena tonight (going to eat at Harvester first so lots of yummy free food :))

Lost one and a half pounds this week - not bad considering my condition - hopefully now I've got some medication that seems to be working I can hope for a similar steady loss from now on - would be great as I'd be at Target by December :D will post my inch loss results tomorrow when I've got time!

Hiya,
So sorry to read about you being unwell, you have all my sympathy. I endured years of hell with my periods, and when I was finally told that I had to have a hysterectomy because I had massive fibroids, and a lumpy uterus, like yourself, and looked pregnant, I could have kissed the doctor, much to his surprise.
Good luck with whatever you decide, and have a good time at the concert xxx

Thanks so much for your supportive message - finding it really tough at the moment - having a hellish TOTM - feeling weak and totally blah :cry: I'm still on plan as I know falling off the wagon is not the answer but its hard when I know I'm going to gain at weigh in (albeit mostly water weight) no matter what I do :sigh:

From hopping on scales (they match the ones in class and I can't resist torturing myself) I know I've gained 6lbs so far :eek: god only knows what the scales will say on Friday weigh in but I'm feeling very sorry for myself right now :wave_cry:

Last edited:
Well its taken me a while to get over it in order to post as this week has been so horrific :( not food wise that's been fine but in TOTM wise it has been sooooo awful :wave_cry: I could feel I was going to have a gain but even I couldn't believe the 6 1/2 lb :eek: that was added on the scales - it could take me well over a month to get it off again :cry: just feel like my body is working against me and feel like giving up :sigh:

just read your diary. What a crappy time you are having. Really feel for you. I can kind of understand where your coming from with your periods.
I started mine at the age of 10 and for 5 years i suffered with 3 week periods, then a few days off, then another 10 days on, a week off followed by another 15 days. Was awful. Doctors advised me to go on the pill but my ridiculously strict Dad wouldn't allow it until at the age of 15 my mum had enough and got me on the pill! Lol!
anway far too much info there, but wanted to say i hope you manage to pull yourself back up and get back on the horse, so to speak. Huge hugs to you. hope u feel better soon.

Birthday Countdown!

Wow can't believe its been four months since I've been on here :eek: I should be practically at Target by now but I've not go any further on in my journey :cry: the only positive thing I can take from it is that I've not had a huge gain (only 3lbs taking me back up to 12stones) so I just need to draw a line under it and move on.

I've got 4 weeks until my birthday - been convinced to have a joint celebration with a work colleague and now I'm stressing about being the centre of attention and having loads of fat pictures of me on Facebook :sigh:

So there's nothing else for it - back on the 30 Day Shred tomorrow - the Countdown to my birthday has begun :D

Back