The Final Countdown

kiwidream

Hi all

I have signed up for Weight Watchers again and am determined that this is going to be the final time that I have to lose a large amount of weight.

I have joined WW many times in the past and have always aimed for perfection. Unfortunately this means that the first time I gain, or don't lose the amount that I was hoping for, I skip a week and then stop going to meetings and give up the diet.

I did lose 108lb back in about 8 months in 2007 on Lighterlife which is a meal replacement diet but unfortunately put it back on almost as quickly.

I have decided that a quick fix is not the answer and hope to chip away at the pounds until I reach target, no matter how long it takes. This is not a diet but a new way of life:)

The diaries and comments that I have read are really inspiring, motivational and supportive and I hope that you will all join in on my diary thread and become my friends.

I need all the help I can get and in return will give others all the help that I can.

I am in this for the long haul!

well done Kiwi for joining us all, we will help you all we can. Stick with it ......really it does work.Good luck hun x

Good stuff kiwi! My bf's mum did lighter life and the same thing happened with her. She's start ww this week too.

You're right tho, its a change of lifestyle, and for me it was learning how to eat. I know that sounds strange but I was doing it all wrong lol!

Take it one day at a time, if you have a bad day or week remember tomorrow is a new day and try again. PP will take a bit of getting used to but if you have any questions some one on here will have the answer!

See you round the boards! Stick with it :)

welcome kiwi, this is THE place to be to get all the help, ideas, inspiration and a good old kick up the bum if ya need it. Im not doing pp, i do discover, btu am still keen to see your progress and read your diary, and hopefully help a little along the way...heres to your new way of life....a GOOD way :)

I'm here :) Keep up the diary my lovely.... xxx

Thanks for your words of welcome. Todays menu as follows:

Breakfast
1 egg
1 slice seeded bread
1 tsp low fat spread

didnt mean to post that - cat sat on keyboard. Lets start again:

Breakfast
1 egg = 1pp
1 slice seeded bread = 2 pp
1 tsp low fat spread = 1 pp
1 tsp tom sauce = 1 pp
total 5 propoints
snack banana 0

lunch
2 slices seeded bread = 5
1 slice ham = 1
1 tsp low fat spread = 1
mustard = 0
walkers crisps = 3

total = 10 propoints

dinner
WW Chilli and wedges = 6
Salad = 0
fruit salad = 0
1/2 mullerlight = 1
Total = 7 propoints

Total eaten so far 22/35
I am going to have a slice of bread with scrapping of spread and maybe another bag of crisps. Not much food in the house so not much choice.

Total after this should be 29/35

Please correct me if you notice anything wrong with this.

Well done :) xx

Well it shows the importance of tracking what you eat as I forgot to add a curly wurly onto yesterdays menu!

Todays is very similiar:

Breakfast
1 egg = 1pp
1 slice seeded bread = 2 pp
1 tsp low fat spread = 1 pp
1 tsp tom sauce = 1 pp
total 5 propoints

snack banana 0

lunch
2 slices seeded bread = 5
1 slice ham = 1
1 tsp low fat spread = 1
mustard = 0
walkers crisps = 3

total = 10 propoints

snack ww choc toffee bar = 2

dinner
2 waffles = 6
egg= 1
1/4 tin baked beans = 2
grilled tomato = 0
1 slice seeded bread = 3
1tsp spread =1
fruit salad = 0
meringue nest = 1
1/2 yogurt = 1

Total = 17 points

So far used 32/35 today - will probably have a curly wurly later which will take me to 35/35

Disappointed that my Sainsburys shopping arrived with NO Warbys squares So I am going to have to go into town tomorrow to find some as thats the plan for Wednesdays tea.

My plan is to save all my weekly propoints so if I do go over my dailys by accident or miscalculation I have plenty in reserve. So far so good!

Inspiration tonight with Biggest Loser at 9pm, my friend always drives over and we watch it together. It usually becomes a late night as we have to fit in time to chat too. I hate exercise and really admire the competitors, and at the same time am grateful to be sitting on the sofa lol! I am planning on getting about half way to target before starting to incorporate exercise as am so heavy I find it hard to move for long at all at the moment:(

yea Kiwi I feel tracking is important .... if we don't see whats wrong.. someone will ...and I need all the help I can get lol x

I agree! So easy to forget what u had! I love my app :) hope u get ur warbys x

I am so cross, I have gained half a pound, have stuck to plan all week, not eaten weeklies and some days had a couple of dailys left over. It is not TOTM and I am unlikely to be retaining water. Both times I have started propoints I have gained or sts so am giving it 2 more weeks and will go back to the old plan if things don't improve.

Grrrrr.

Sweetheart! It's because u aren't eating enough! U MUST eat dailies and probably some weeklies hun... Ur body will go onto starvation mode and hold onto everything xx

Thanks Carly

The thing is I haven't eaten my weeklies because I have been full enough eating my dailies and thats the same reason that I have sometimes had a couple of dailies left over.

However I have eaten some weeklies tonight and will try and remember to use some during the week and see if it makes any difference - for good or bad!

I know that most of you do eat your weeklies but honestly I really don't trust that I can lose weight when I eat them - I have a very sedentary job and don't do any exercise. This is because I carry so much of my weight on my stomach that I get a lot of back pain when I stand or walk around much so want to lose a few stone before I start exercising.

This is where I usually give up. But I am going to stick to it this time.

Keep at it... If u make sure to eat all dailies n maybe a couple of weeklies a day or one nice takeaway a week - sounds weird but I'm sure it will work :) hugs xx

dont give up... 1 good loss is all it will take...and it WILL happen! I dont exercise at all cos of illness but Im managing a fairly steady loss, although I had 3 weeks at sts, and I use all my discover points almost every day but I know its different for everyone. This will be SO worth it and you will feel so much better in your body AND mind.... keep ya head held high and its onwards and downwards from now :D

Thanks girls! Feel like I have lost motivation now as I am feeling so down about it all. I haven't tracked today although I know I have not eaten much differently to normal so haven't gone over my points by much - two people at work bought in cakes today but I didn't even fancy any so there must be some motivation somewhere!

Had toast and jam and a yogurt for breakfast, banana for a snack, usual lunch and jacket potato with salad and half a pack of chicken tikka pieces. Yum, followed by a curly wurly.

Our landing lights have fused and DH needs to go up in roof tomorrow to take up the boards and look at the wiring, my tassimo machine appears to have broken and my potato exploded slightly in the oven. I think I should maybe call it a day:(

Hugs! u can do this sweetheart -post ur diary ;) x

aww Kiwi I hope things are going better for you now x

Back