Total Solution The final countdown

Sarah yup - these little milestones keep us going. I am doing pounds, stones and kgs so I have as many targets to keep me on track as possible. I am just under 14 stone this morning - hurray. Can't wait to update my ticker on Tuesday!

So for week 5 my loss was 1.9 kg/4.1 lbs. Am really pleased with that and it is such a great feeling to see that I am out of the 14s and have the end of that dratted obese category within sight. I should hopefully clear it in the next 2 weeks.
The only potential blip on the horizon is Easter Sunday. I am going to my step mother's for dinner and cannot face telling her about Exante - she is a psychologist and has never has any weight issues and will be extremely concerned if she knows I am doing a VLCD. So I have decided to have the night off. I will be as careful as I can and it will be a great test of my willpower to get back on track the next day. I am actually looking forward to the challenge - I need to start training myself to enjoy food in moderation. It will also make the diet more sustainable if I can occasionally add a meal and then get back to TS the next day. The most stressful thing I find about this diet is the attitude of most people who always know someone who did a similar diet and then piled it all back on and more. It is probably true but rather depressing to hear.
Anyway am looking forward to another good week and protein and vegetables on Sunday. May dust off some more clothes from the back of my wardrobe today for thinspiration.

Feeling a bit wobbly today about Easter Sunday. I would prefer to keep going and not have that meal. I should hopefully be just under BMI 30 by then and it seems a shame to potentially throw myself back above it. I am also a bit worried about whether it will just trigger a binge.

On the upside I am far from happy with my current weight so hopefully will be inspired to get back on track the next day. I know I should just fess up to the diet but my half sister has suffered from anorexia (how ironic) and I have a feeling that my step mother will go ballistic at any mention of extreme diets in front of her. It is weird how I find other people and their attitudes the major problem with this diet. Doing it is a doddle in comparison!

I had a Slim and Save day yesterday - I love love love their meals (spicy spaghetti and chili yesterday.) I prefer the Exante toffee nut bar but must admit I will probably have more and more Slim and Save days as it is so lovely to feel like you're eating real food and yet remaining VLCD.

Well I don't know whether it was the fretting about Easter Sunday or the vast amount of water that I consumed yesterday but... this morning the scales read 87.3kg which means that I am no longer obese (just!!)
I am so so happy. It is funny - you can sometimes feel that you're plodding along on this diet when suddenly you have a large unexpected loss which really boosts your determination.
Adding up the numbers, after only 37 days of the diet, I have lost 11.6kg/25.5 lbs/1 stone 11.5lbs and after the first couple of weeks it hasn't really been that hard if I am honest.
I really want to update my ticker, but I will be good and hold back until Tuesday.

You really are doing well, it's really encouraging to see your losses and what you have achieved in such a short space of time Keep going you are an inspiration to everyone here !!

Thanks for the kind words - it's really all down to Exante! It just shows that if you stick with it, it works. There may be some weeks which are better than others on the scales but I'm sure it all evens out in the end.
I was so miserable at my heaviest that a lack of action is not really an option. I am 45 this year and have wasted enought of my life worrying about my weight. If I don't get it sorted out now....
Do stick with it. People have started to comment about my weight loss which is great - after 5 weeks thank goodness they can see a difference! Also you can hardly hide under numerous black layers and coats in Abu Dhabi!! i look forward to hearing about your losses!

Well I fell off the wagon - had 3 days off over Easter and stuffed my face big time. Anyway I climbed back onto the wagon and have now been chugging away for 6 days. I am very pleased that I have been able to get back on track but not terribly pleased that the capacity of my stomach seemed to ping back to the size it was in the good old days (not.) It does make me worried about piling the weight back on when I stop dieting. I have got to change my bad habits!

I am hoping that I will be down to my lowest weight so far on Exante in time for my weigh in on Tuesday. My lowest so far has been 87.3kg and I am currently at 87.5 so it is possible.

Failure is not an option!!

Down to 86.8 kg this morning - I have finally undone the damage of Easter weekend and am back to being merely "overweight." Hurray!

Well done Lara :hug99: xx

I am very happy to update my ticker this morning in the right direction after my Easter weekend blip. My ticker represents goal 1 - which is to get to a healthy BMI.
Goal 2 is to get to BMI 20. I was actually less after I had my daughter (13 years ago!) but don't want to look haggard so I will wait and see how it looks. It seems a very long way off at the moment. However when I was "obese" at BMI 34.1 a BMI under 30 felt the same so I am just going to focus on the little steps. My next mini goal is to get under 85kg which I should achieve in under 2 weeks. In the range 80-85 kgs I start to feel and look half decent - that feeling when getting dressed for a night out is a pleasure instead of a nightmare exercise in bulge concealment.
I have another night out on 27th April and another mini goal is to try to be sensible and NOT have the whole weekend off. I have got to try to learn how to be more controlled!

Down to 85.3 kg this morning which is great but God weekends are a pain on this diet. I can't sleep in for some reason - I am buzzing (is it ketosis?) and spring awake at 6am. There is then even longer to avoid thoughts of wine and takeaways. I find it is a relief to get to bed. My one day off next week has stretched into 2 so I will have to try extra hard to be relatively good.

I have a big night out on Thursday with my friends and I must admit I am actually looking forward to dressing up to go out. I have a hell of a long way to go but compared to how I looked at rhe start 13.6 kg ago (30lbs) it will be a lot easier to work with!

I actually haven't seen these friends since I started so if they don't notice I will be shocked! Your tip about topping up drinks is a good one tho ;)
Weight is 85 kg this morning. I am now at that stage where size 18 is really too big and rather baggy and unflattering but size 16 is a bit too tight. I am not complaining tho! I have dragged all my old size 16 trousers out in anticipation and can't wait to make a big delivery to the charity shop of the 18s/20s. If I keep them in the cupboard it will be like an admission that I could possibly end up that size again which I cannot face.
It is also a relief to have got through the weekend without giving in to temptation!! I am really looking forward to Thursday and Friday this week but it will also be nice to be back on track and refocused again on Saturday.

Weigh in this morning - am down to 84.8 kg! It is great to see that my ticker is now over half way towards my 1st goal of BMI 25. Next week's weigh in will no doubt be stuffed up by my couple of days off but then I will refocus and march onwards towards a smaller bottom!
I am hoping that, with the odd couple of days off here and there, I am training myself to always get back on track and keep plugging away long term. I am hoping to try to show a bit more moderation this time too. It's a long learning process.....

I have definitely not yet mastered moderation. My 2 day break turned into 4 days. Husband lost his job rather unexpectedly which didn't help. I am now weighing in at 85.9 kg (suppose it could be a lot worse) and am in the process of getting back on track. I really need a good stint and to break through the 80 kg barrier.
It is that stupid situation where I look so much better, that I get rather complacent. Anyway I will persevere and update my ticker and weight after next Tuesday's weigh in - it should show a loss by then.

It is rather depressing that of the 4 diaries I was following all have disappeared off the face of the earth. I must not join them! Fortunately this bank holiday weekend should not provide too much temptation as both kids have exams coming up and husband has to leave on Monday after lunch.

I think 4-5 weeks will easily get me into the 70s so I am going to avoid all social occasions other than coffee/green tea and blitz those kgs!!

Well I stuck to my guns last night despite little voices in my head saying "go on - it's a bank holiday weekend, treat yourself!" I am really glad that I did as I am down to 84.5 kg this morning. My lowest has been 84.3 kg on this diet so I have nearly undone all the damage of my 4 days off which is a hell of a motivator. My husband found a can of condensed milk in the cupboard and is determined to make millionaire short breads today. To be honest I took one look at the recipe and felt sick - so much sugar and butter. I can see an argument looming about the kids. I am happy for them to have a piece each day but not to gorge themselves stupid - he is planning to make 12. Maybe I am subconsciously just jealous!

I did actually have a little treat last night which was a packet of raspberry smints - 25 calories per pack. It didn't knock me out of ketosis and kept me on the straight and narrow so I may allow myself a pack each Friday night.

I entered the dark depths of my wardrobe yesterday and discovered another batch of long forgotten clothes which now fit. It's like a whole new wardrobe!

My mother is being tested for diabetes and is severely overweight so I must keep going!!

Another good day yesterday. Am down to 84.1 kg this morning so last week's damage is officially undone and I am at my lowest weight since I don't know when. I definitely need to start exercising at some point but quite often feel light headed on this diet so may wait until I introduce some food at BMI 25 - which is probably in a couple of months.

Roll on Tuesday's weigh in!

Scales are now at 83.7 kg so quite excited for tomorrow's weigh in. It's funny that all it takes is a decent weight loss on the scales to provide the motivation to carry on. I am really pleased that I have now twice had weekends off and then got back on the diet - an absolute first for me. I really would like to get down to the weight I was after I had my daughter (58.5 kg) and that means that from my highest ever weight 104 kg I have to lose 45.5 kg / 100.3 pounds / just over 7 stone. Yikes! Anyway that means that I will have to be on the diet for a very, very long time. The only way that this is likely to be sustainable will be if I can factor in the occasional break BUT get back on the diet straight away afterwards. Hopefully along the way, I will learn to do a little less damage each time with any time off! I think it's all about finding what works for you.

Weight at 83.6 kg this morning for weigh in. Am very happy with that. Hoping for a good TS week so I can edge even close to 80kg!

Back