The final frontier

Awh! I feel for you! Both re wanting yum food with a nice glass of sauvignon blanc and the awful company restructure stuff! Been there done that so stressful just awful!

I went to "bed" an hour ago but 9 year was up complaining of sore ear (he's been unwell). Gave him paracetamol and tucked him up. Suddenly wide awake again!

I managed to stick to 4 packs and not have extra using sheer hard core willpower of wanting to see scale shift tomorrow! It was very very hard! When I read your post I completely understood how you must be feeling!

Just got to keep telling ourselves it is not forever and if we grit our teeth for now the sooner we will be at goal. Alas it doesn't look as if it's going to get that much easier at maintenance but I guess the odd glass of Sauvignon blanc will be ok then!

I think there is a lot of the restructure stuff around at the moment unfortunately. Shame tho- I only started this job 5 months ago and I've been loving it. Hopefully it'll all be ok...

Sorry to hear about 9year old's ears.... I have had lots of ear probs and ops (perforated ear drums) so I know how horrible it is... Poor love.

So impressed that you stuck to 4 packs honey.... You're doing amazing! I think I might crack soon and misbehave if these scales keep toying with me like this.... Waaaah xxx

Seriously either start introducing food protein and salad or reduce the exercise. I think exercise and low calories can slow things down. I'm going on my own experience back in 2008 when I first did CD. This time around whilst I have switched to S&S and there are more calories I find that when I have my personal training sessions (I have two a week) I am ravenous on those days and I eat chicken with salad or have egg omelette and always have green beans to snack on straight out the fridge! Have a good day today petal!

yeah too much exercise definaltey slows things down :) Take it easy xxx

Seriously either start introducing food protein and salad or reduce the exercise. I think exercise and low calories can slow things down. I'm going on my own experience back in 2008 when I first did CD. This time around whilst I have switched to S&S and there are more calories I find that when I have my personal training sessions (I have two a week) I am ravenous on those days and I eat chicken with salad or have egg omelette and always have green beans to snack on straight out the fridge! Have a good day today petal!

Thanks Hun- green beans for snacking on eh? Sounds like a great plan! How many do you allow yourself? I ate chicken for lunch so am def taking your advice on board... Thanks love. Hope you're having a good day yourself and not too tired xx

Just I allow myself half the pack on green beans when not exercising. They days have personal training sessions I have the whole pack! Raw straight from fridge! I've had no digestion problems having them raw (raw broccoli is not a good idea certainly no more a small floret! Painful!)

also the carb content and calorie content is low and when I've had a full pack it hasn't appeared to knock me out of ketosis. But is can be different for each of each. I only eat the cut and trimmed greens beans from waitrose as they are crunchy. The tesco ones just don't taste and feel crunchy or fresh enough well not raw anyway.

Had a good day until I realised about half an hour ago I've had two bars today! I'd completely forgotten I had one this morning and I'd been out all day had a shake when I came in and then not long ago had bar!

annoyed with myself, not because I'm worried about being knocked out of ketosis or the calories (not worried about that as i will exercise tomorrow) but the side effects!! Tummy ache and worse wind!! Won't be doing that again! Preferred not having them at all!

Just I allow myself half the pack on green beans when not exercising. They days have personal training sessions I have the whole pack! Raw straight from fridge! I've had no digestion problems having them raw (raw broccoli is not a good idea certainly no more a small floret! Painful!)

also the carb content and calorie content is low and when I've had a full pack it hasn't appeared to knock me out of ketosis. But is can be different for each of each. I only eat the cut and trimmed greens beans from waitrose as they are crunchy. The tesco ones just don't taste and feel crunchy or fresh enough well not raw anyway.

Had a good day until I realised about half an hour ago I've had two bars today! I'd completely forgotten I had one this morning and I'd been out all day had a shake when I came in and then not long ago had bar!

annoyed with myself, not because I'm worried about being knocked out of ketosis or the calories (not worried about that as i will exercise tomorrow) but the side effects!! Tummy ache and worse wind!! Won't be doing that again! Preferred not having them at all!

Ok great tips here kira! I'm def gonna be putting green beans on my shopping list... Sounds like such a great healthy snacking plan. Especially that it doesn't seem to affect ketosis... Verrry interrrresting :-D

I know exactly what you mean about the side effects of extra bars :-S I have certainly experienced those.... Sometimes almost like cramping in the tummy! But yet sometimes I can't resist an extra one if I'm really hungry. Glutton for punishment (literally!)... Here's to a strong evening all around!

X

9.10.8 today. Argh! When will I rid myself of this pesky lb zone?!

Oh well.... Keeping at it. Want to set myself a mini post weekend target of 9.9 (something) to try and help me stick to it over the weekend.

So by Monday I REALLY want to see 9.9 or less. Which will hopefully happen. I won't be exercising at weekend at all so hopefully that'll give my body a rest if that is what it wants.

Good luck girls x

Morning Jussy! My daily weigh is also a pound heavier than yesterday! It's annoying but we know it isn't fat anyway! I was thinking the extra bar instead of a pack or the 2 pints of tea I drank between 4am and 5.30am may have been the cause?! But hey! It's fine, as calorie deficit wise we are low and eventually those wretched numbers will go down because the fat will have to leave! Have a great day and catch you up later!

Morning Jussy! My daily weigh is also a pound heavier than yesterday! It's annoying but we know it isn't fat anyway! I was thinking the extra bar instead of a pack or the 2 pints of tea I drank between 4am and 5.30am may have been the cause?! But hey! It's fine, as calorie deficit wise we are low and eventually those wretched numbers will go down because the fat will have to leave! Have a great day and catch you up later!

It's gotta be the tea kira!!! We MUST be losing fat- not putting it on! Lol xx

How the headache petal? Better I hope? Hope you took paracetemol and are having enough water? Well I simply had the weigh the tea! I zeroed the scale and put the pint cup on it! The put tea in to weigh it (as I had it this morning!) Yup! I weighed 1lb 7/8oz!!! Had two of them though I did pee! So that;s why I gained a pound and not two?!! Ha! Ha"!

How the headache petal? Better I hope? Hope you took paracetemol and are having enough water? Well I simply had the weigh the tea! I zeroed the scale and put the pint cup on it! The put tea in to weigh it (as I had it this morning!) Yup! I weighed 1lb 7/8oz!!! Had two of them though I did pee! So that;s why I gained a pound and not two?!! Ha! Ha"!

Loooool so funny that you actually did that.... But amazing how much a cup of tea actually weighs! Just shows you why we usually weigh so much less in the morning before drinking or anything... Good investigation skills kira - you should be a sleuth :-D

I feel loads better thanks- popped some neurofen and loads a water and I'm ok. Just been so busy at work and have to take laptop home to do loads more tonight/tomorrow too. I'm only a PA- I don't get paid for this sh!t lol. But I'm all good really.

Hope you are feeling happier after your investigations :) xx

Glad you're feeling better!

Good PA's are invaluable! Priceless! How do you think those well paid executives actually get to the top?! Never without a good PA!!

I agree I'd make a good sleuth! Well I'm a lawyer so maybe my legal skills and training helped me with my investigation! Lol! Mind you it was a bit scientific!

Here's food good daily weigh tomorrow!

Glad you're feeling better!

Good PA's are invaluable! Priceless! How do you think those well paid executives actually get to the top?! Never without a good PA!!

I agree I'd make a good sleuth! Well I'm a lawyer so maybe my legal skills and training helped me with my investigation! Lol! Mind you it was a bit scientific!

Here's food good daily weigh tomorrow!

I think legal training definitely paid a part. You clearly have an inquisitive nature!

I'm struggling a bit tonight. Got the bus home to cut down the exercise but had extra pack but want more! Feel like bingeing but weirdly on CD products lol!!! Could happily see off another porridge or shake... Dunno why.... Has anyone else ever done that and what were the effects? I totally forgot to pick up green beans for snacking on and really regretting it now!

I don't think I'm actually hungry. Just bored and tired (and whiney) so gonna try and have a word with myself.

Happy weekends everybody! X

Ok you need to distract yourself! Drink tea, hot water (most of my water is not unless I'm in gym!) brush your teeth, have bath. Watch clock see if you can wait15 mins. I so try these tactics and they help. Just need to keep fighting that urge. Even having a zero coke or sparkling mineral water can give that "full" feeling which helps.

Its almost 8pm so if you can have an early night? Sad I know on a Friday night but remember its temporary until we get to goal.

It's funny how some days are easier than others? Think the closer to goal the harder it becomes.

Ok you need to distract yourself! Drink tea, hot water (most of my water is not unless I'm in gym!) brush your teeth, have bath. Watch clock see if you can wait15 mins. I so try these tactics and they help. Just need to keep fighting that urge. Even having a zero coke or sparkling mineral water can give that "full" feeling which helps.

Its almost 8pm so if you can have an early night? Sad I know on a Friday night but remember its temporary until we get to goal.

It's funny how some days are easier than others? Think the closer to goal the harder it becomes.

Thanks honey I know you are so right- your support is invaluable tonight!! I am totes heading to bed at 9pm - it will be worth it... 30mins- I can do that! Great advice again honey... Thank you x

Well I've taken my own advice and brushed my teeth, taken my makeup (properly!) with liz Earle stuff and its fab can use the same stuff for eyes and it doesn't sting! I'll also be having an early night given i was up at crazy o'clock this morning!

Catch up tomorrow! Sleep well and hopefully we'll be another pound closer to goal! Btw do let me know your official weigh day.

Well I've taken my own advice and brushed my teeth, taken my makeup (properly!) with liz Earle stuff and its fab can use the same stuff for eyes and it doesn't sting! I'll also be having an early night given i was up at crazy o'clock this morning!

Catch up tomorrow! Sleep well and hopefully we'll be another pound closer to goal! Btw do let me know your official weigh day.

Me too! Teeth are brushed- face is washed (new dermalogica stuff) and ready to roll into bed when the urge takes me! Thanks for keeping on straight and narrow sweety. I don't hold much hope of losing weight tomorrow- the plateau is still there I think... Just don't feeeel any loss... But we live in hope!

Sleep well kira! Chat tomorrow xx

And daily weigh in iiiis.... 9.9.7! Yipppeee! Pesky lb zone is broken! Thanks to your support in keeping me on plan for the last week... I have been a whiney bore I know.... But right now I'm so happy I didn't go off the rails due to lack of scales movement. And, weirdly, I am now spurred onwards to a 100% weekend... Would love to smash the 9.9's and into the 9.8's by Monday.... Too optimistic? Perhaps... But not impossible.

I am not exercising so much today and tomorrow- especially not in this pesky snow! Go away snow! Don't you know it's spring time now? Grrr.

Happy Saturdays all... Xx

Back