The final straw!

kiekie

Banned
Hey there

I'm 27 and the weight has been creeping up each year. I'm finally at the point where I cannot bear to go out and buy clothes in another size up! :sigh:

I'm 5'6 and 11 stone (154) and my goal is to be back down at 9 1/2 stone (133) by the end of the year.

My birthday is at the end of September, so I'm looking to set a 1st goal for then but don't know what to set for myself!

I'd really love a diet buddy who is going through the same thing in the UK and is dedicated to losing 20lbs for motivation and a good old nag!

Get in touch if you're feeling the same.

Kiekie x

Welcome to Miniminis kiekie :D:D:D

Thanks IreneH and Isis!

I am vegan (a fat vegan!!), and so all the traditional diets don't really work for me. I am probably best to plan out my own as I do eat pretty healthily, it's just the dreaded junk food and cookies that get me every time!

So my first thing to put in place is to actually make it to Virgin Active, which is on my way home and which I have to endure making excuses to myself every time I drive on by! I joined a few months ago and went for my induction and have not been since! I get a bit obsessed when I count the calories so, I figures that if I cut out bad food and focus on exercise, I should be able to make the difference I want.

I am really struggling with that first leap and, although I know it's the hardest step to take and it will get easier, I am still avoiding it, badly. :(

Coming on here and admitting it all has helped already though!

Hello and welcome.

I think thats a great plan. Once you get into the way of the gym I am sure you will be fine, and I hear virgin gyms are fab.

Hello Kiekie and welcome to minimins.

Welcome aboard. This seems to be a great place to get stuck in. I've really been inspired to keep trying to lose the weight since I stumbled upon this site. Good luck!

Back