The first day of a new me :)

egginabap said:
How are you today Skinny? I am feeling really poo........ feel achy and tired! Vanilla milkshake this morning was ok, I put some cinnamon in and it tasted better. Toffee bar for lunch, still not great! I can feel I have lost weight already though. I'm having the dreaded tomato and basil soup tonight for the first time!

Have you been excercising as well? I think I would faint the way I feel at the moment! x

Hey hon,

I was feeling a lot better today until I just got on the scales....on tues they said I was 5lbs down and now they only say 3lb down - both times I weighed at the same time of day on the same scales - I'm gutted!! I know I shouldn't weigh myself but it's so painful doing this first week that I just want to see progress! Was so chuffed on tues and want to cry now (hence why you shouldn't weigh in between I guess!)

Sorry to hear ur feeling rubbish :( I've heard it's easier from day 5 which it is tomorrow for us, bring it on :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

skinny_wannabe82 said:
Hey hon,

I was feeling a lot better today until I just got on the scales....on tues they said I was 5lbs down and now they only say 3lb down - both times I weighed at the same time of day on the same scales - I'm gutted!! I know I shouldn't weigh myself but it's so painful doing this first week that I just want to see progress! Was so chuffed on tues and want to cry now (hence why you shouldn't weigh in between I guess!)

Sorry to hear ur feeling rubbish :( I've heard it's easier from day 5 which it is tomorrow for us, bring it on :) xx

P.S no I'm not exercising til I get more energy!!

Well it certainly isn't feeling easier on day 5............... I just cannot get through the water or my bar, its almost like when I'm ill and can't face food. Plus I woke about 3am and couldn't get back to sleep!

I can feel my strength crumbling a little bit........ I can feel I have lost a couple of pound I think but these bars are disgusting don't know if I can handle them much longer, don't mind the soups and shakes though.

I haven't weighed myself at all and probably won't until I've been going 2 weeks, because I know I'll be disheartened with a small loss. Having said that please don't be upset about the 5lb/3lb, it could even be down to what clothes you were wearing or how much water you are carrying. I reckon you'll do great by the end of the week. When are you weighing in, Sunday or Monday? xx

My strength is weakening too - I'm missing out on 3 social events this weekend because I don't want to sit watching people eat!! Just off to the cinema now and taking a bottle of water while my fella is tucking into pick n mix and a big diet coke, sad face! And I know what you mean about feeling like you're ill, it's odd!

I'm trying to work out if I should go back to slimming world, I can't sustain this long term but also don't want to fail, but slimming world is a healthy lifestyle change? Oh I don't know, I'm so confused!

Hope your day got better hon, I was gonna weigh on Sunday - whatever I decide to do is like to keep in touch as you've been fab support this week and I want to know how you get on :) xx

Hope you had a nice time at the cinema- did you see Breaking Dawn by any chance? I'm going to see it next Friday, I can't wait!

Well I feel quite good today, had half a choc shake for breakfast, toffee bar for lunch, Thai soup for dinner and now just enjoying the other half of the choc shake while I watch x factor. I definitely haven't drunk enough water and I nearly fainted when I got out of a very hot bath not long ago! Going to treat myself to some coke zero tonight too, in a wine glass to trick myself ?

I don't know whether to weigh myself tomorrow or not, I'm so torn! I think I would rather do it next week and hopefully be in the 10's!

I was going to Exante for the first stone and then switch to WW but I find on WW it's too easy to eat crisps and chocolate, so really it doesn't actually help me have a healthy outlook on food. So hard isn't it!

A few months ago I was attending a bootcamp 3 times a week, for the first time in my life I was getting really fit AND enjoying it! Then I sprained my ankle pretty badly during one session and on doctors strict instructions I cannot exercise until next year! So gutted. But hopefully once I have got this first stone off I can start exercising again and also hopefully will be able to make good choices with food.

Hope you're having a nice weekend Skinny- and you WILL be skinny! Imagine starting 2012 a bit slimmer and more confident, that's what I'm doing. Also, guessing by your username you will be 30 next year (me too, in April), wouldn't it be great for our 30's to be the healthiest happiest years of our lives! Xx

Back