The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

So another restless night but guess it will take a bit to get over this - not only has whoosh fairy not been, TOTM has arrived with a vengeance and obviously tummy even more swollen - hilarious and perfect timing!!!! Good news is that I am down another 2 lbs on the scales...... Mum is coming to look after me for the weekend - looking forward to seeing her.... Sad to be missing the Dukan meet up - have a drink for me gals!!! xxx

Awwwwwwww I hope you get a good night soon T, I'm sure once you get a decent nights sleep you'll start feeling a bit better. Sounds like you are being well looked after & well done on resisting the doughnuts !

We will have a toast to you :) x

Trudy have you no bumbard in????????????????? if not get your mam to fetch some with her or what about a mild laxative to help unbunge you??????????? constipation after an op seems common xxx

Oh Trudy, I'd second trying something to help you along and unblock you! The meds can often cause constipation.

It sounds like you are doing amazingly well and I am impressed each day I read how well you are doing food wise - huge well done to you!!! Xoxox

Rest as much as possible, do nothing, you'll be up and about before you know it, so rest while you can :)
Take care!! Xox

Ah thanks C, feeling okay today - tummy v swollen but not sure how much it is down to no whoosh and totm and swelling from the surgery!!!! Feeling sad that I couldn't make the Dukan meet in Brum - but would just not have got there without falling down!!! LOL! My bestest friend took the weekend off to come with me so I am heading to her house tonight for dvd and chinese....... Tried some rhubarb and will have some more tonight!!!
Food for today:-
B - muffins
L - prawn/mushroom/pepper/onion/mangetout stirfry
D - prawn foo yung/ bean sprouts
S - muffins
Another relaxing day at home.... Not going stir crazy yet!!!! x

Pain killers can cause transition issues, they sometimes prescribe mild laxatives to have with the painkillers especially if they are codeines. Rhubarb should do the trick though, take care and rest yourself x

Good Morning Trudy same as Chris, How are you ? xxx

Hope you're doing well?

All good guys thanks, lovely evening at my friends and a good sleep even though I was up early....... Came home and had a big breakfast....... Was feeling very uncomfortable on and off last night and this morning as I really needed to go!!!! But couldn't!!!!! ARGH!!!! LOL!
After a lot of effort thank goodness I got there and feel SOOOOO much better - more rhubarb to take today to keep it going...... Ironically 2 lbs up today on the scales but hey ho that's just the way it goes isn't it!!!! Mum has just left for home and we picked up Ben so he is now home but gone next door to play with some other children!!!!! Not ready to have him full time yet so thank goodness for school!!!! Off to the hospital for a check up tomorrow and a dressing change and corset change so will know how they think I am healing I guess and if I have to continue with the ab's!
Food today - last planned PV day I think
B - mushroom/tomato/scrambled egg/ lean bacon
L - nothing as late breakfast
D - onion soup/ turkey/muffins, rhubarb and custard
Still getting tired very very quickly but sure that will improve in the next week or so.................x

Last edited:
its just going to take time Trudy xxx is the onion soup on the recipe thread ?

No it's my Mum's recipe - basically white onions, oxo cubes, red wine vinegar!!!!YUM - I love it!!!!

my memories of onion soup were from childhood, i think mum made it when we were poorly. i just remember it tasted horrid, but then all kids would prob be same LOL

Hope all was good at the visit to hospital this morning. Bet you're v tired after it. remember get plenty rest & don't overdo it even though you prob feel like you can! xxx

Exactly right China - felt really really good yesterday and ready for the week to start - got to the hospital this morning to have dressing done and a check and had another funny turn and felt awful - once I had had a lie down again I felt better and managed a whizz round Morissons to pick up supplies but glad to be back and on the sofa!!!! Wound all looking good and apart from bruising and swelling which is to be expected i guess!!! Starving like marvin today - bring on the protein!!! x

You take care, Trudy!! V glad to hear you are healing well / sounds very positive :)

Are you resting enough? Xx

good healing skin xxx back riding again in no time xxx and yeah....................pictures xxx

Back