The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

Trudy, You were my first 'mother' on here - when I started posting you were the first old-hander who engaged with me. SORT YOURSELF OUT, GIRL! I'm joking, I'm discovering now just how hard it is to keep going with this plan infinitum. I can't advise, and I'm certainly not convinced that the pp way is the right way long-term. I find pv every day, with very few starchy or gala meals, keeps me slim but it still feels like a constant diet. At the moment i'm of the mindset where I don't feel deprived but I do recognise that that won't last for ever. However the idea of eating what you like / exactly what's on offer at some meals but reverting to pv at others is difficult to adapt to. I've also recently had a blood reading which suggests that a high-protein diet is taking its toll: high urea reading in bloods. Dukan is fabulous for those of us who needed to shift several stone, but there comes a point where we can't rely on a formula to manage weight, we need to 'grow up' and start to eat sensibly. I really wish you well, my love xx

Fabulous post Sara... I think there's the makings of a thread in it...

So basically Sunday/Monday was a write off - and I mean total write off - managed to get to the afternoon on both days before I failed - Sunday cos I ended up having to go and get Ben from Daddy's and was cross - three hours of driving where I ate, ate, ate!!! Monday again did great till Ben bought cakes back from school and I couldn't resist..... I would be okay if it were just the cake but once I 'break' it I binge - driving me nuts as it is totally the behaviour that got me up to twenty stone!!! Hate how I feel when I binge and more importantly how quickly my body puts the weight on!!!! SOOOOOO yesterday I managed a full PV day - have decided that I will continue to do PV days if I can and conso day if I struggle but NO BINGING!!! Didn't go to a party last night as I knew there would be party food and I would be weak!!! Just need to find my mojo again and stop messing around!!! I WILL NOT BE ONE OF THE 75%!!!!!

trudyc said:
So basically Sunday/Monday was a write off - and I mean total write off - managed to get to the afternoon on both days before I failed - Sunday cos I ended up having to go and get Ben from Daddy's and was cross - three hours of driving where I ate, ate, ate!!! Monday again did great till Ben bought cakes back from school and I couldn't resist..... I would be okay if it were just the cake but once I 'break' it I binge - driving me nuts as it is totally the behaviour that got me up to twenty stone!!! Hate how I feel when I binge and more importantly how quickly my body puts the weight on!!!! SOOOOOO yesterday I managed a full PV day - have decided that I will continue to do PV days if I can and conso day if I struggle but NO BINGING!!! Didn't go to a party last night as I knew there would be party food and I would be weak!!! Just need to find my mojo again and stop messing around!!! I WILL NOT BE ONE OF THE 75%!!!!!

You will not be one of the 75% missy keep posting!! I know I'll binge on Xmas day but trying to allow it. And having too many gala meals up until then.

no way one of the 75% can you remember how it felt to be big ????? the stop nibbling Trudy xxx hang on in there were hear for you instead of doing pp days just stick to pv see if it helps xxx

Second day done and dusted - felt a bit wobbly in Sainsbury's tonight but guess my body missing the sugar and carbs!!! Managed PV - not even gonna think about PP Thursday as priority is sticking to plan, either conso or PV and not feeling deprived!
Tuesday PV
B - 2 muffins
L - steak/prawns/stir fry veg
D - BNS soup/ xtra lean meatballs/ courgette/ onion/ mushroom/ extra lean bacon sauce/ 2 muffins
Wednesday PV
B - 2 muffins
L - BNS soup/meatballs
D - ham and mushroom omelette/salad/ 3 muffins and dukan custard
So baby steps so far - we will c!!! x

baby steps all the way xxx

You're doing great trudy xx take it day by day - I can truly relate to what you are saying - before I started dukan I either dieted or I binged, there was no happy medium of eating normally. I'm never having chocolate again as I know it will spiral me back to square one. Look back through your diary it might give you encouragement as I know it's given others on here. Most of all keep posting we're all here supporting you - come on dukaneer you can beat this xx

(from the safety of my ketogenic net...) I would even dare to advise to continue to prepare prepare in advance your shopping, menus and foods, as we always advise the newbies, but when "hunger" (note the inverted commas) strikes, don't forget the "Dukan panier" as they call it on the French site. Imagine a basket full of "OK Dukan" foods. They're use. Eat. Abuse. A whole chicken. Whatever it takes... but get through another "clean" day...

As my (ex but they never say that, much as we should never forget where we came from) alcoholic friend says: "one day at a time..."

You're doing great trudy xx take it day by day - I can truly relate to what you are saying - before I started dukan I either dieted or I binged, there was no happy medium of eating normally. I'm never having chocolate again as I know it will spiral me back to square one. Look back through your diary it might give you encouragement as I know it's given others on here. Most of all keep posting we're all here supporting you - come on dukaneer you can beat this xx
You and me both Scooter - that is exactly it - I have either dieted or binged - I have TRIED to have a normal relationship with food but mostly failed..... Watching Weight Loss Ward on ITV made me think hard - defo know I don't want to be there sooooooo Dukan all the way!!!!!!! x

Roasted a chicken today - smelled amazing but feeling a bit ick after it!!! Might be soup for dinner tonight!

theres the norus virus going around becareful xxx

No norovirus for me yet just a binging bug that hit me about 6.30pm last night, only lasted about 30 mins but boy packed a lot in!!! GRRRR Onwards again today!!! Nearly three days done - back to baby steps again!!! GRRR

Why does this happen ????? it make us feel so out of control xxx Keep at it Trudy.....we know this is a maraton not a sprint and not an easy ride xxx lets hope me and you both are reporting successful days this evening and rooting for you xxx

SOOOOO dunno if I am trying the right thing or kidding myself so don't mind you guys butting in with an opinion! Obviously failing miserably to stick to plan and when I do break it I go completely mental and overboard binging!!! Makes me feel pretty rubbish so it is annoying that I know I don't want to do it but still do!!!! Today I decided to try and eat like a normal person!!! So far I have managed it and feel 'okay'! Do I continue this normal eating in the hope that I maintain or am I just kidding myself!???? Dunno................ WOULD like a normal relationship with food!!!! LOL! Maybe a swift kick up the jacksy!!! Have a concert tonight so will be dodging the mince pies and mulled wine!!! Don't actually like mince pies but you know I do love the pastry!!! dear oh dear!

Doesn't hurt to give it a go, Trudy. For my part, the hardest thing about JUDDD was the UP days where you eat 'normally'. I had no idea how to do that ....

Keep us posted, missus :D

P x

Trudy your fighting a personal battle, conso is the way please keep battling on xxx

Yep your right Siddid - failed miserably to 'do' a normal day - ended up binging again! Feeling rubbish about it TBH! Dukan is the way for me and I know that..... Don't want to go back to how I was, nothing tastes good enough to justify it! Head is your strongest tool - just need to get my nonce in the zone again!!! This record is getting very boring LOL!

Back