The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

Will have to have a little looky at the OA im deffo one of them!

Nice to see you back it looks like all that tears for fears singing worked lol x

Sounds Like oa maybe the answer with a Dukan sideline and Massive portion of friends to help you xxx keep strongy mm friend we are hear 24/7 xxx

Well done you for going to the meeting, sounds like it was just the ticket and will help get you on the right track and with Dukan helping fire your engine you'll be at the end of the track before long. hugs hunni xxxx

i'm with you all the way T I'll bare with you if you'll bare with me! we can do these ups And downs together xxx

Meetings are every week so hopefully will go again - although I slept well last night I was dreaming about OA and what I need to do all night and it was kind of overwhelming!! BUT this morning I have woken up with a resolve to do my best and embark on this particular journey as I know it can help me..... Is it silly that I am mourning the loss of my favourite foods - the ones I love to eat but that make me so unhappy and fat???? How stupid do I feel to love something almost unconditionally that makes me feel soo bad - a bit like an abusive relationship!!!!! Dear oh dear!!!! I am now to have three meals a day and no snacking - so started the day with oatbran porridge with custard mixed in as I had some left over - OMG ladies it was divine and amazing!!!! LOL!
Dukan taught me soo much about my relationship with food but it didn't address my overeating and I regularly over ate throughout my diet though on 'allowed' foods.... This meant when I reached conso and introduced those 'wicked' foods I was able to over eat hugely on them - not good..... I totally believe in Dukan but will have to be a bit like Scooter and only have the foods that are 'safe' for me!!!!
So still on my Dukan journey but also a much bigger one too for me - thanks for all your lovely comments ladies - I appreciate it soo much! xxxx

It's really good to read you again Trudy. Good luck with OA. It's quite natural to mourn the loss of something you're so familiar with and that you've relied on all these years to help you cope with the pressures of life. But you don't want your life going forward to resemble your life looking back so be firm with yourself, you'll be fine. Make sure you keep going to the meetings though, resolve can weaken as memories fade. In fact it might be helpful to you to write down your worst excesses and how they made you behave and feel, to read about if you start to waver.

Three meals a day and no snacking, eh? I've just written something very similar in my diary as I went bananas yesterday, my first day of Stabilisation.

Take care, Trudy, and keep posting! xxx

Thinking of you Trudy xx know you can do this - my mum is diabetic and I used to think what if I was - how could I possibly not have things filled with sugar - but since starting dukan and cutting out all my trigger foods i now know how - I don't think about having chocolate or pastry or crisps anymore I just know they are not an option anymore - it's no longer a shall I or sharnt I - it's just a simple I can't have them so forget it - you have lost a lot of weight Trudy so you did go a long time without those "evil" foods and I'm guessing that its only when you tasted them again in conso that you really started missing them again - that's what you need to do again - cut them out completely and even when conso-ing don't go near them - your body doesn't need them it's just your brain you have to convince and we'll be with you every step of the way xx I will always be an occasional binger i know but its dukan food so I do feel in control xx go gal we're all here for you xxx watched a programme a few weeks ago and it said if you were craving something then imagine that food covered with something you really hate - for me that would be salad cream - not actually tried it myself as it was only a few weeks ago I saw it on tv but might be worth a go if struggling with demons xx

My conso is with very, very little bread as that is my biggest trigger, I bough Hubby a Warburton's tiger loaf on Sunday lol who was I trying to kid. So as I hate waste and hubby too so when he went to work I covered it in washing up liquid and binned it. Some how found the strength but it was bought under false pretences as I know deep down the lurpac and that loaf was calling. If we have to ban our triggers then that's the way life will have to be. Sounds simple when we right it down xxx Trudy we are all fighting this with you xxx

its those demons again Trude that rear their ugly heads at us we've all got them lurking but lets get shut of the blasted beggars once and for all. Im with you all the way TC xxx see you Saturday

We can all relate to what you have said T, ive never thought of those food as abusive, until now, its true we let them make us fat and sad i wouldnt let another person make me feel that way without a fight so why let chocolate and cakes. Oh i think youve given me an epiphany, thank you!! xx

Oh Trudy I'm so glad you're back! Well done for going to OA. Were the other [what do we call them, surely not "dieters" as often OA tells us to stop dieting altogether!] people there overweight? I went many years ago but really couldn't do the stop dieting thing! It sounds as if their methods have perhaps evolved if you are advised to do something like Dukan.

As we've said time and time again - Dukan dieting is so easy... and, while in ketosis, we are so empowered and "life after Dukan" will be so easy...

I'm with you all the way Trudy - as of course are all your friends.

Do they advise you keep off the scales?

x

Oh girls thanks for all your support!!!! Yesterday and today gone well to be fair..... Sticking to the rules so far as I know them to be..... Haven't had a moment to get on the website and get some of the books etc..... Not even to study the 12 basic points.... I only know that I have to stick to three meals, no snacking and no trigger foods....... For now that is enough........ I know I have a huge emotional battle to come as I can always stick to things to begin with but 'for life' seems like an impossibility right now!!!
Still gyming daily which is helping me to feel better about myself and got measured (though I declined to weigh yet) and since I started three weeks ago I have lost two inches off my waist, one of my bust, one off my arms and one off my abdomen so a good start I think especially as I haven't been 'good' food wise for most of it. Defo feel fitter though and I am getting better at the tummy exercises which is great!!! LOL
Food diary for yesterday:-
B - oatbran porridge with custard
L - salmon/prawns/cottage cheese and balsamic
D - two slices wholemeal toast/ muffins
TODAY
B - oatbran porridge with custard
L - turkey/ham/ muffin
D - chicken/ cottage cheese curry/ cauliflower rice/ roast BNS/ muffin
Dinner tonight was delicious - took blimmin ages to prepare but was nice.... Toast on Tuesday was due to lack of planning and no time to eat - boy I paid for it as I was starving by bed time!!!!
The guys were eating biscuits today and just for a moment I really wanted some - it's those moments that make me soooo angry and also feel so helpless - that is not pleasant so those biscuits can bog off!!!!! LOL x

They don't recommend any diet -it's more about controlling the over eating and trigger foods on the basis that then you won't be fat I guess!!!!! I didn't specify that I was on Dukan sooooo not sure if they approve or not.... Didn't say anything about weighing either...........The other people were mostly 'normal' weight but half of them were bulimic/anorexic and half were over eaters - only one of the over eaters was overweight................ The overeaters were soooo interesting as I could really relate to them -we will see how this journey goes Jo!!!!!
Oh Trudy I'm so glad you're back! Well done for going to OA. Were the other [what do we call them, surely not "dieters" as often OA tells us to stop dieting altogether!] people there overweight? I went many years ago but really couldn't do the stop dieting thing! It sounds as if their methods have perhaps evolved if you are advised to do something like Dukan.

As we've said time and time again - Dukan dieting is so easy... and, while in ketosis, we are so empowered and "life after Dukan" will be so easy...

I'm with you all the way Trudy - as of course are all your friends.

Do they advise you keep off the scales?

x

Is your oe only in group sessions or do you get one to ones also? Fantastic gym results Trudy, will keep up hopefully on holiday with your progress xxx hope this is the light at the end of the tunnel for you xxx

Thanks for sharing, Trudy. It's true that, while dieting (pre Dukan), I avoided all trigger foods... but it's always when they're reintroduced, be it at target or "on holiday" or whatever that things go wrong. Does this mean that some of us need to draw a thick line through certain foodstuffs for life? (Are we prepared to do that?). I expect that's the only way cos I can't imagine my wanting a chicken or hard boiled egg binge very often!

As you say, if some of the overeaters in your group are slim, then there's possibly a far more serious issue going on there... I don't feel up to studying yet more rules and websites and books (been there all my life and have too many blooming teeshirts and I refuse to throw yet more money at this darned diet industry), BUT avoiding trigger foods seems feasible after my holiday...

Jo you echo my thoughts and conclusions on it so far the very sad fact that I have to avoid those 'trigger' foods for life - it seems such a battle to embark on atm, but possibly the only way I will not spend my life yo-yoing!!! Rules and regulations are tiring too but again need to give this a good shot in the hope it will provide me with a permanent solution to my binging!!! Reading on your diary about the UK binge thing was just how I feel about the USA - I go crazy and I hate it!!!! I LONG for a trip to the USA where I am in control and not obsessed with food!!!! LOL! x

Thanks for sharing, Trudy. It's true that, while dieting (pre Dukan), I avoided all trigger foods... but it's always when they're reintroduced, be it at target or "on holiday" or whatever that things go wrong. Does this mean that some of us need to draw a thick line through certain foodstuffs for life? (Are we prepared to do that?). I expect that's the only way cos I can't imagine my wanting a chicken or hard boiled egg binge very often!

As you say, if some of the overeaters in your group are slim, then there's possibly a far more serious issue going on there... I don't feel up to studying yet more rules and websites and books (been there all my life and have too many blooming teeshirts and I refuse to throw yet more money at this darned diet industry), BUT avoiding trigger foods seems feasible after my holiday...

Those trigger foods have brought you nothing but misery. This is so reminiscent of my Intuitive Recovery course, in that it is the inner brain (the part that makes you seek food, warmth, etc and find them pleasurable, to survive) that you have trained to seek chocolate, cakes, etc too. You must be firm with it: every time you have a craving, say, 'I know what you're up to and I'm not even going to debate with you, go away!' It will get easier and eventually your inner brain will shut up. The stress you feel around those temptations is created by you wrestling with yourself about succumbing/resisting. Succumb and the stress goes away, but resist and it will go away too.

Think about it. There are plenty of people who lead perfectly happy and fulfilled lives without chocolate, etc. They are not impoverished. You can, no, will do it too. It is natural for the certain knowledge that you will not eat those things again to leave you feeling empty. You may even mourn (as I said in an earlier post). But over time you will regain your equilibrium and sooner or later you will find other things you can enjoy. The freedom to bend, stretch, move, feel confident is so much more worth it than the freedom to eat crap.

Lecture over! Very well done with the gym, Trudy. That fills a space and brings its own feelgood factor, quite apart from helping with the weight management. I'm just getting back into it too. We need another exercise thread! xx

Back