The First Diary of Trudy C age 40 something!

Slim rice I got from Amazon in bulk Jo - expensive but worth it!!! Holland and Barrett used to do it on line and they often have buy one get one half price but didn't see it last time on their website!!! I went into our local shop and they had it so got a few there!!! Similar to quorn or suchlike you need to flavour it a bit - I drain and rinse the rice then soak in lukewarm water with stock for about 15 mins before draining and dry frying till dry then mix in an egg and some soya sauce - sooooo gooooooood!!!! Reading your posts I had forgotten about rhubarb so gonna get me some tonight and make it up!!!
Horses are good Jo - the rainy weather has been a nightmare and a lot of hard work - we have had a run of lovely spring like days but supposed to rain tomorrow which won't give it time to dry up at all!!! My feet are now webbed!!! I am looking forward to the Dukan meet in Manchester - shame you won't be there Jo - would love to meet you in person!!! Booked into a nice hotel for the night to pamper myself a bit too!!! Meeting up with a friend on Saturday who has lost an incredible amount of weight and is now running half marathons etc - so pleased for her but feel crap about myself cos I have gained ALOT o weight!!! Need to put it out of my head and go and enjoy the time but honestly I feel she will be judging me as only someone totally in that amazing zone you hit at TW can do!!!! Doesn't help that when I did lose the weight she never mentioned it at all!!! Oh must remember your mind is your strongest tool and all that and hold my head high!!! LOL! Enough of that!!
Have a lady coming from a Carriage Driving magazine tomorrow - hope the horses behave - sadly the weather is not supposed to be good but nowt I can do about that!!! HATE having my photo taken!!!LOL
Doing another musical - don't have a huge part which is great - sing about 4 songs so more about the singing than anything else!!!
Anyway PP day today - muffins on the menu, chicken, eggs, slim rice, rhubarb and some steak!!! YUM!

Trudy you're back! I absolutely love reading your posts, you have such a nice style of writing (& I love all your "lols"!!) :) you've done it before so you know what you're capable of doing again. I've gone back to your diary a few times and it has really helped me. Good luck with the photo shoot tomorrow! x

Ah thanks Lorlypop - done it and got the t-shirt but that sometimes isn't the best is it? Find it easier to do a totally new plan each time I start a weight loss plan but really am aware that Dukan works for me - it isn't for everyone I understand that but it does work for me and I need to keep that in my head when stuff gets tough!!! Good PP day other than still too much dairy rather than pure protein - had lean ham, eggs, small amount of custard, two muffins and rhubarb clafoutis!!! Considering making some chicken but it is nearly nine o'clock so will make do with a big mug of tea!!! PV day tomorrow and gonna make the most of it!!! YAY - lunch out with journalist so hopefully steak and salad!!!

aaaah I will be happy today now that I've read your post. As Lorly says, your style of writing is excellent to read and always brings a smile on my face. What a shame that the weather's due to spoil for you today as it's going to be brilliant here for the next 8 to 10 days...
I saw that Superdrug in my home town in the UK sell the rice, as well as H&B, so potentially a cheaper source there. Online it's ridiculous for overseas with a £30 delivery charge (so they recommend you order 50 packs!). Nothing is worth that! I'll give my friend the hint and hope she brings me some!
As for your friend, it's true that it can be hard on us when people we're close to manage to do what we did...; I know I was the same when my sister reached target on SW... and of course, as we were, was so evangelical about the whole SW programme versus what I had done which had of course not worked as I'd regained!! (and I have confessed to her at feeling a little chuffed when she too has had issues stabilising and will be starting from scratch next month!!)
Custard...; ah yes you always were a fan.
Have a great time today and hope the lunch is nice... eat something beforehand in case you have to leave half the plateful! haaaa!
x

Oh dear - a bit of an error on my part, I stepped on the scales this morning and the reading did nothing for my Dukan mojo!!!! Note to self - always weigh at the start and face the music…… I am heavier than I thought which is unusual for me as I usually have a fairly accurate idea of my weight in my head and it has always been a couple of pounds lower than what I thought - not today - oh dear!!! Feeling a bit 'bleurgh' about it all to be honest but trying to put it out of my head and keep going - there isn't really another option for me and I know that - suppose it could be worse and I could be back at my start weight!!! Positive thinking needed big time!!! At least it is a PV day and I can drown my sorrows a bit better!! Started with tablespoon of rhubarb and yoghurt - going to cook up a big batch of chicken later ready for tomorrow and plan for dinner tonight is one of my fans - swede and carrot, steak and pepper sauce with mushroom and onion!!!! Don't worry will have lots of steak!!!! LOL! Two lots of steak for the day - yummy - better than a cream cake!!!

Have updated my stats at last - gotta face the music and all that - what a disgrace - feeling a bit sick looking at it tbh!!! Maybe that is a good think - what a wally I am to do this to myself!!! OH well tis done now!!! Someone slap me if I fall off the wagon other than for copious vodka at our Dukan meet!!!!!! x

Hello, here to subscribe :)

Hi Trudy

Here to subscribe... have read a lot of your diary in the past (when I came onto here and Dukan last year) but going to do again...

Finding the slim rice an absolute revelation - I HATED the zero noodles with a passion but the rice is amaze balls and a real lifesaver on a PP day

I'm the exact opposite - love the pasta. Barely made it through the rice. I think it looked so much like rice that I was mentally expecting rice and was quite dissapointed.

Reading your posts I had forgotten about rhubarb so gonna get me some tonight and make it up!!!

I tried this for the first time on Fri - omg! Loved it! With yogurt :drool:

At least it is a PV day and I can drown my sorrows a bit better!!

Gosh - that's what i say to myself. And will sneak in a couple of extra yogurts to balance out the PP :p

Have a nice day xx

Well a bit of a mixed weekend - Friday was fine the journalist lady was okay but I didn't take to her entirely and there were some awkward silences which is always tiring!!!! Lunch was fish pie (thought we were going to the pub!) and veg so had veg and some of the fish and tried to avoid the sauce and potato but a tad of it was digested and boy did I then crave rubbish - I very nearly caved in and spent all afternoon in my office planning a huge cheat!!! THEN I made sure I talked to someone about what I was feeling and somehow it all went away thank goodness!!!
Yesterday was the meeting with my friend and I have to say I am ashamed about what I was feeling. She looks amazing and has done so well - we chatted about diet and exercise and then I found out she was having her eggs put back in today (she and he partner lost weight to qualify for IVF) what a special day - I am keeping everything crossed for them both….. I pray that this works out for them!
Today was the most glorious day weather wise and the horses lapped it up too….. One of my three year olds (he is huge and beautiful with blond hair) was totally awesome and so grown up and strong - I drove him out up the road and around an orchard he doesn't know and he loved it!!! BLESS HIM! When my job is like that I feel totally blessed, then it rains and the roof blows off and I feel like c**p!!!!
Today was a PV day and I think I crave more rubbish stuff when I have veg as I struggled big time - twice within about an hour - whilst Ben had his piano lesson I nipped into the village shop for skimmed milk and eggs and almost bought the entire bakery section in a split second!!!! WHY? Got out of there in tact and then got home, made Ben fish fingers and chips and had some rhubarb and custard!!! Then I nearly stole the cake that someone had given Ben and had to eat some protein double quick - I realise that these impulses can happen so quickly but also go very quickly too - I just need to stay strong and not let my guard down!!! Wow though it was tough!!!!
Need to get organised for Tuesday/Wednesday as we leave at 6.30 in the morning with 7 horses for an overnight stay…… Always find myself more hungry when I am on the road and away from home - we are staying in a pub so will make sure to fill up on loads of protein!!!!
Made some muffins this morning flavoured with chocolate, banana and caramel - they are very nice but chocolate not my favourite flavour….. Need more supplies tomorrow to make some more!!!! Quite liking the thought of orange and lemon or just plain vanilla!!!
Day off tomorrow and looking forward to it - not got much planned to be honest till the afternoon and then I think I have rehearsal too - better check - Ben booked into the childminder tomorrow night onwards - miss the little bruiser when he is away!!!!
Anyway I am waffling - hope you all had a good weekend - Day 13 today and the blinkers are still very much needed with baby baby steps - not quite reached the wonderful equilibrium of last time when staying clean was soooooo easy!!!! GRRRR!

What have you done with what you have bought Trudy ????? put it in the freezer then if you get an impulse by the time its defrosted the urge should have passed xxx Your doing fab xxx

I think we've all had those "moments" when we could grab something and scoff it without a second thought. The fact that you managed to talk yourself out of it is excellent and a sure sign that the Dukan mojo is in there. Sorry you had a weight shock but I'm always for updating stats as I for one can't bear seeing my own stats when they're wrong. It's only numbers Trudes and you know you can do this. Perhaps, while you're feeling the urges to binge, it might be good to keep off the artificially sweet extras... or perhaps they're a necessity for you to help. Whichever feels right for you. I am very pro sweet things when I binge so I always make savoury muffins hoping to curb my sweet tooth. (It obviously doesn't work as I'm always straight back to sugar whenever I get a chance, but it's true that I don't crave sugar on Dukan...).

Enjoy your food... hope you got some chicken and stuffs cooking :)

Your right Jo, I can't do without my sweetener atm though I am not over eating sweet stuff each day - mostly muffins and some custard if I have it made - I think shopping urge is just an impulse that I have to get used to quashing - I am so used to going into a shop and buying what I need and then a little something - or a lot of little something that I actually miss it!! Crazy I know - I feel down about the fact that I can't buy anything that is Dukan friendly!!! Well apart from cherry tomatoes on a PV day!!! LOL! Thank good for coffee shops at motorways as they provide the only treat I can have on my journeys - a skinny latte goes a long way!!!
Was going to take Ben out to dinner tonight with his school pal but he says he would prefer to come home with him and have egg and soldiers - ha ha - easily pleased I say!!!!George may not be so impressed!!! LOL! Need to pack for both Ben and I for the next couple of days but for now I am enjoying the wake up coffee and some breakfast tv!!

Trudy thank you so much for sharing, I have those moments of weakness so often and I really find them hard to deal with. Especially when I am left alone, & there is temptation everywhere - why do cadburys keep bringing out new chocolates?! (I admit that during one of my episodes a few weeks ago I bought a Ritz cracker cadburys biscuit and a LU one.. And scoffed them in two seconds flat.. and I've bought three of the new Wonka bars which are in the naughty cupboard - I had forgotten about them until now! Need to bin/burn!) and I swear supermarkets pump the smell of baked goods in the air, whether they have an in store bakery or not?!? You must be so proud of yourself for staying strong! I'll think of you when I next have a wobble... Also, isn't it funny how we now drown our sorrows in tomatoes instead of ice cream!! Since when did veggies become such a lifesaver :) sooo nice to have you back xx

(Isn't it lovely to have Trudy back!!!!!)
I'm feeling pretty heroic (for once!) where this subject of wanting and buying is concerned (at the moment!) and can only put it down to the fact of being "clean" for so long... my current habits are Dukan ones and this proves how unlike (our) "real life" we become when on this plan! A total change of personality! I've always said I'm two distinct personalities where food is concerned!

Runny boiled egg and soldiers is lovely! Even with galette soldiers!
We tend to travel with muffins for meals and crabsticks as snacks... and maybe a boiled egg.

ooooh OH has been eating celery sticks this week which he liberally spreads with a 5% fat cheese we get here. Nice snack for the summer!

Oh gals I broke it!!! WHat a wally I am - the thought of two days away and I crumble - need to buck up - on a positive note I am back on the wagon after two days off instead of four months so I guess that is something - really enjoyed the one meal - as for the rest - soooo not worth it and I have blown up like a pig!!! LOL! When will I learn - onwards and downwards - one of my friends just told me she put on 18lbs in two day - gulp - hope I haven't done that!!!! LOL! x

I know that feeling very well but well done for getting straight back on the wagon!

18lbs in two days is probably pushing it even for me ;) Mind you, whenever weight comes back on that fast, it'll shift off quickly too as there'll be a lot of water weight...

I know you can do this. Your "old habits" need to become your "new ones". How about reading back your diary to when you were about the same stage as now... see what you ate then. How you planned around overnighters, awkward meals out etc... My "day off" approaches and I admit that I'm getting a bit nervous about it... while delighted to see my friends and partake, will it then mess me up? For me not to let it, I'm telling myself... ho hum!

Back