The Gossip Dieter

Williamsmummy

Hi, :wavey:

This seems like a great place to keep my weightloss blog.

I'm Debbie, a 25 year wife and stay at home mother (mostly - I do have a lunchtime job at a local school). I have just joined my local gym with some friends and have also started attending a Rosemary Conley slimming class with a friend. In my first week I lost 5lbs, yey :bliss: and my next weigh in is on Tuesday.

I have a lot of weight to lose - well over 100lbs :eek: - but I'm feeling motivated and am determined to do this. I think it will be good to have a blog here and to read back over when the going gets tough, which lets face it, with 100lbs+ to lose, it's gonna get messy at some point ;)

I have named my blog The Gossip Dieter after the name me and my gym buddies have given to our diet and fitness regime - The Gossip Diet, because while we are working out (in between gasps for breath lol!) we like to have a good old gossip and put the world to rights!

Hello Debbie, You sound like you have the right attitude and going about it the right way. I'm sure the weight will go the same as the first 5 pound, congrats on that loss and good luck with the rest :)

Afternoon everyone,
Thanks for the lovely comments :)

Today is a quiet day in my house. My little boy has stayed at his grandparents house last night and isn't due back until later today. It's nice to have a bit of down time to relax.

I was planning to head up to the gym today but my lovely husband went out yesterday, traded in a ton of his Xbox games and got me the Zumba game for xbox kinect instead. :D I had a go at one dance yesterday and that had me puffing and panting like a steam engine ;) so I think my exercise of choice today will be ZUMBA!

The Rosemary Conley class I attend has a Zumba workout beforehand and I'm really loving that, our instructor aims it perfectly for the ladies in the class and I've found nobody cares when I am completely out of time because 75% of the class is too :8855: The game seems to be much trickier but who cares as long as I'm moving and sweating!

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!

hello and welcome :)

just want to wish you lots of luck, we have almost the same starting weight, and the bigger picture is daunting i know..but those mini goals can be achieved! Stay strong, keep focused and keep posting :)

You are doing all the right things, so you can't fail! fingers crossed for your next weigh in, hope its a good 'un :)

I look forward to chatting with you!

hello and welcome :)

just want to wish you lots of luck, we have almost the same starting weight

Hi :wavey: thanks for coming by :) it's nice to meet other people who have started off at a similar weight to me. Well done on your weightloss so far, you're amazing!!

Morning Everyone!

It was an earlish wake up for me today, just gone 6am when the 2 year old climbed in to bed with me. Not too bad since he went through a phase of wanting to get up between 4:30 - 5am not long ago. In the week my husband (who works from home!) wakes up with the boy and I roll out of bed at about 8 - 8:30. I'm very lucky. So when I get up with him on weekends I always find myself wanting to eat breakfast a lot earlier than usual. That means it's harder for me to get through to lunch with minimal snacking.

The toddler is a very big breakfast fan, he usually eats one when he gets up and another when either myself or my husband appear downstairs. Then he is a light eater for the rest of the day. I think that's how the experts suggest you eat (like a king :king2: at breakfast, a prince at lunch and a pauper at dinner!)

I'm pleased that Autumn is now upon us because it means I am now in the mood for one of the best breakfasts around - porridge! :bliss: I love it. This morning while it was cooking on the hob I threw in some cut up apple, because it cooked along with the porridge it went all warm and soft, perfect. The toddler asked for his "car cereal" (there is a picture of a car on the front!) and when his Daddy appears he will probably devour a slice of peanut butter and toast.

What does everyone else like for breakfast - I'm on the hunt for low calorie ideas!

Have a great day all!

Morning, you sound bright and focused today :)

I write my menu every day on my diary, you might get some ideas for breakfast there, but to be honest i have got into the habit of having the same thing, usually toast, marmite then a banana, sometimes a poached or boiled egg, this morning i had a fruit salad!

Porridge is a great idea, or any low fat, low sugar cereal like weetabix, shredded wheat etc. Scrambled egg, grilled mushrooms, crackers, laughing cow triangle cheese, or phyliadelphia light cheese spread, yoghurt or fromage frais, melon etc

have a good sunday, keep at it! :)

Hello!

You do sound cheerful! I also love autumn, but for different reasons: I live in the countryside and love going for long autumnal walks. The light is always so beautiful, there's a freshness in the air and you get to kick leaves around! Lol ;)

Regarding breakfast, I also get up before 6 during the week so I have two breakfasts. I normally have a whey protein shake (from the supermarket or Holland and Barrett) at 5:30 when I first wake up and then a bit of toast with ham or jam at 9:30 or 10am. It totals as 250 calories for both breakfasts. The shake is delicious and keeps me full for ages.

But today as it's the weekend, I will make scrambled egg on wholemeal. It is pretty low cal if you avoid the tasty butter!

Your toddler sounds lovely, as does your OH! :)

X

Regarding breakfast, I also get up before 6 during the week so I have two breakfasts. I normally have a whey protein shake (from the supermarket or Holland and Barrett) at 5:30 when I first wake up and then a bit of toast with ham or jam at 9:30 or 10am. It totals as 250 calories for both breakfasts. The shake is delicious and keeps me full for ages.
X

oooh I never thought of doing something like having a protein shake and then something light a bit later on. I think that might work really well for me on the weekends.

Glad I sounded bright and cheerful in my last post, not my normal disposition early in the morning ;) think I might be finally (after 2 years!) getting used to earlier wake up calls.

So - Good Morning everyone :wavey:

Today is weigh in day. I know that I have eaten well, my exercise hasn't been great but I do walk a mile to work and back each day as well as spend 90 minutes chasing children around a playground :D so hopefully the scales will show a loss and reward all my effort.

The friend who comes with me to group isn't feeling too well today so I am just waiting to see if she she is going to be coming or not. I hope she is as she was on holiday last week and I'm desperate for a good gossip! :p

Anyway, I shall be back this evening to update with my weigh in results.

Have a great day all!

Good luck!

Hi all :wavey:

Zumba and weigh in have been and gone. So weigh in:

I LOST 2LBS!

That's a total of 7lbs in two weeks :) I'm super happy with that.

Zumba was awesome, I am loving it. It helps that she has regular songs that we dance too and now I'm on my third week I'm really beginning to pick up the steps. I have a song I hate, there are tons of moves that involve the hands staying above the head for AGES, that hurts. So naturally, I'm determined to get better at it. My favourite dance/song is one called Gasolina. We got to do it twice tonight so I was a happy bunny :)

Afternoon all,

What nice weather today? I work as a dinner lady at a local school and it was SO hot on the playground today, I was glad to get home and in my nice cool house. Although I'm going out again soon with a friend and our children to the park. Got to enjoy the last of the good weather before winter really kicks in.

I'm feeling very achey today from zumba last night, walking to and from work was hard because both directions have a steep hill to climb. Good for the leg muscles though. I think I am going to do a little of my Zumba game this evening once the toddler is in bed and tomorrow I'm going to go to the gym. The gym I am a member of is a budget priced one, so £14.99 a month (local virgin gym is £50 a month!!!) but the great thing is, it has a womens only section and I feel a lot more comfortable working out in there simply because it is almost always empty :D

Too hot and tired to bother with lunch today so the husband has run out to Subway for a turkey sub, 270 calories, yum!

What's on everyones meal plan today?

Well done on losing 2lbs! I've been curious about having a go at Zumba but been a bit scared if am honest, maybe should try it out :)

Wish you all the best
x

Well done on your loss!

Back