The Green Tea Week Challenge!

going to start from tomorrow as well as I didn't want to start it in the evening today due to caffeine and stuff, want to sleep well tonight! but i have teabags in my bag to have at work tomorrow. :)

hey everyone! 1 tea down 4 to go! (decided to have 5 a day, lol)
I have mint, citrus, pineapple, apple and pear, cranberry, lemon and prob a few more flavours lol I have tonnes to get through, they sell flavoured green tea in asda and morrisons and apparently aldi xx

Only managed 2 cups yesterday but I went shopping last night + picked up green tea with pomegranate + it's lovely! No bitter taste + smells delish :)
On my 2nd cup of the day today :)

May I join? I used to drink it all the time but have fallen out of the habit.

I've tried to drink green tea before but haven't liked it. Is there any particular way to take it or are some brands better than others?

Or has anyone found they like it the more they drink it?? If so I may try taking it again.

I've definitely grown to like it, the first time I tried it I wasn't a fan at all but I really do like it now. I haven't tried the fruity flavours but lots of people have said they are a lot nicer, so you could try them?

Had 2/3 cups today so far, will have my third later on. :)

I know you are a couple of days in but can I join please? I have had 2 today, going on the treadmill for half an hour, then a nice hot shower, then I'll have another cup. I like the one with mint, havnt tried the fruity ones, but will do when I see some.

Joining! I've been drinking white tea brewed with fennel seeds (I have a massive box of fennel seeds to get through and I don't use them in cooking that often) and really enjoying it, but I have lots of green tea to get through too.

I find green tea tastes bitter if you use the water as soon as it's boiled from the kettle. If you wait a minute until the water has cooled slightly, the tea tastes much better. *is tea geek*

I'm going to give this a try next week. I've got some pukka lemon green tea & have just popped some tangerine green tea in my online shopping basket. WI is in Thursday so I'll have to wait until next week to see of there is any difference. I shall wait with interest how everyone gets along!

Emmou said:
I'm going to give this a try next week. I've got some pukka lemon green tea & have just popped some tangerine green tea in my online shopping basket. WI is in Thursday so I'll have to wait until next week to see of there is any difference. I shall wait with interest how everyone gets along!

Tangerine one sounds yum. You've inspired me. Im going to pop a slice of orange in my green tea tomorrow! :p

Day 1 successful for me :D now onto day 2 and the first cup of the day. I have found the mixed flavours in asda, gonna put them on my shop for this week and give them a bash.

adding myself to this too if that's ok. Im a green tea drinker by choice and my favourite is with earl grey. on cup two for today :)

ohhh.. ps. Im sure someone's already said it but remember not to use boiling water for green tea otherwise it can be really bitter. Leave it to cool for a little while before making x

I don't meant to get ahead of myself here but Day 3 into my Green Tea Challenge, I jumped on the scales this morning and saw the number 13 for the first time in years.. My scales are potentially the least reliable things I own (which causes me much angst on a daily basis lol) so I'm not getting too excited but I'll jump on again in the morning and if it says the same again....!!???????? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Lets hope they didn't get confused and I'm actually 14st 13lbs lol. Stranger things have happened!! :)

My point is, I've spent the last 4 weeks desperately trying to get down to 14st and beyond, but I've constantly been teetering around the 14st 1 - 14st 4 mark....hmmm....it's a Green Tea Miracle!!! :D

Well...maybe? I'll let you know tomorrow ;) xx

ohhh.. ps. Im sure someone's already said it but remember not to use boiling water for green tea otherwise it can be really bitter. Leave it to cool for a little while before making x

Wow - I didn't know that!!!! Thanks for the tip!! :) xx

Back