The Green Tea Week Challenge!

I'm on the green tea bandwagon from today. I'm trying to wean myself away from drinking so much fizzy diet pop, and thought I'd try this to help sort out my water retention issues too.

I do not like straight green tea but that's what I have in the house. I'm going to start experimenting with the bits and bobs in my spices cupboard to see what I can do to help the flavour a bit. I don't think I have any fennel seeds though :( I wonder what Star Anise would be like in there, hmmm

Only just noticed this thread and am going to give this challenge a go. Never really tried green tea but have some in cupboards that have been given to me. Hope it helps as my weight loss has been slow - doesn't help that I've been slipping off the SW wagon!

Purplebint said:
I'm on the green tea bandwagon from today. I'm trying to wean myself away from drinking so much fizzy diet pop, and thought I'd try this to help sort out my water retention issues too.

I do not like straight green tea but that's what I have in the house. I'm going to start experimenting with the bits and bobs in my spices cupboard to see what I can do to help the flavour a bit. I don't think I have any fennel seeds though :( I wonder what Star Anise would be like in there, hmmm

What about cinnamon or mixed spice or nutmeg?

Will try them too, I've just had a cup with a liquorice stick in...not too impressed with that. Leaving the water to cool for a bit longer before using definitely takes some of the bitterness away though.

Next up is ginger, I think that might be strong enough to cut through the greenery a bit.

So, I have been drinking the green tea with peppermint all week which is nice because I like peppermint tea anyway. This morning I have got some more of that, some with lemon and some with pomegranate.

I have just had the pomegranate one, and I dont normally like fruit teas but that one is really nice. I actually fancy making up a large pot and leaving it go cold and putting it in the fridge. Nice idea for the summer, could float some fruit in it and turn it into a 'pimms' :D

Purplebint said:
Will try them too, I've just had a cup with a liquorice stick in...not too impressed with that. Leaving the water to cool for a bit longer before using definitely takes some of the bitterness away though.

Next up is ginger, I think that might be strong enough to cut through the greenery a bit.

I like the sound of ginger

HazeyBlue said:
So, I have been drinking the green tea with peppermint all week which is nice because I like peppermint tea anyway. This morning I have got some more of that, some with lemon and some with pomegranate.

I have just had the pomegranate one, and I dont normally like fruit teas but that one is really nice. I actually fancy making up a large pot and leaving it go cold and putting it in the fridge. Nice idea for the summer, could float some fruit in it and turn it into a 'pimms' :D

That sounds lovely. Nice and refreshing

tried green tea last week for first time and wasn't a fan, will try leaving water to cool slightly before use, thanks for the tips guys;-)

Green tea with ginger is lovely, just a couple of chunks from my EPC jar. I've just made another mug with a dash of lime juice in it too, that's even better :)

Purplebint said:
Green tea with ginger is lovely, just a couple of chunks from my EPC jar. I've just made another mug with a dash of lime juice in it too, that's even better :)

My hubby just bought me some but didn't get the flavoured one so I'll give the ginger a go

I intrigued by the fruit flavoured ones...I've always stuck to the green tea and lemon but need to branch out...3rd of the day just being consumed now. Does green tea have the same caffeine levels as black tea?

Have only had 2 cups today - plain and lemon.......really liked both. WI tomorrow and gonna try minimum 3 cups a day and stay on plan!

Hello -I'm joining you all! I'm a green tea fan too, but lately I've become more addicted to normal tea. I love green tea with nettle and peppermint and also love chamomile and vanilla :) Will update with what I'm drinking each day as others are doing the same!

Hey everyone, sorry i have been away from this thread! I have had 2-3 cups of green tea a day, but today i am determined to have 5 cups, i am now on my 3rd, so going well! xxx

Just had my second cup of lemon. Had no problem keeping to 3 cups so might increase to 4 as I have had no 'adverse' effects.

Worked out I had 20 cups plus 4 at a friends last week! So I'm Going to attempt it again this week and try for 4 or 5 day. Had 2 so far today

So does drinking green tea actually help with weight loss or is it just an urban myth?

Whats your opinions?

I had two massive mugs today, each with 2 bags, so I'm counting that as three.

I got it with cranberry today which was never but it's still making me feel nauseous. Is this the adverse effect other people are mentioning or is there something else?

I don't like the cranberry flavour...I bin the bags that come in the twinnings multi pack LOL as for weight loss....I did loose 2lb on weigh in Yest but that mite not be due to the green tea. I do however drink this instead of the huge amount of coffee and bowl tea so my milk has been cut down a lot. If you Google green tea it also has a lot more benifits then just helping weight loss so its a plus all round.....its very addictive once you get to like it lol

I was just wondering cause I have sacrificed some of the water I drink to have the green tea, as I dont normally drink much tea and I dont like coffee. I am hoping its going to be worth it.

Off to google................

Back