The Green Tea Week Challenge!

I bought some green tea with fruit today... there are a few flavours in the pack... pear and apple, cranberry, lotis flower and mango and pineapple (i think). Will have my first cup later and get this challenge started :)

I had one of the apple and pear ones today...my first experience of green tea. It was very nice! I like my tea sweet though (always have sweetener, even in fruit tea :eek:) xx

I've really slacked today :eek:( still have time to make up tho I guess. I've been cleaning kitchen all day aswell so can't even say I've not been near a kettle. Found a forgotten £10 note in my now forbidden baking cupboard, it was hidden behind the chocolate sprinkled. Think I might treat myself to some cherry sencha tea! :eek:)

dudette2001uk said:
I had one of the apple and pear ones today...my first experience of green tea. It was very nice! I like my tea sweet though (always have sweetener, even in fruit tea :eek:) xx

Me 2! Lol Wen some1 said the fruit flavours were sweet I had a chuckle as I stick 2 sweetners in mine! Prob why it tastes like warm pop!

Had 3 cups today so far. I got some strawberry and also some peach and cherry blossom flavours yesterday. I've yet to make my mind up on them yet. Currently drinking an options hot choc tho at mo whilst my ps3 game installs lol

Having my second cup of pomegranate flavoured today, it's nice :D

Ooh, this thread's just made me rush out and buy some green tea, got the normal one and with lemon so will see how I get on with those. Thought I might be out of luck at this time on a Sunday night but the co-op had some :) Am just waiting for my kettle to cool.

Edit: Ok, so I've had 3 cups of "normal" green tea in two hours and now have raging heartburn. Is that normal or something that anyone else has experienced? I used to suffer with it all the time but has been way better since I changed my diet. Maybe I've had too much in too short a space of time? Or it could be the alcohol I had yesterday catching up with me... here's hoping

Last edited:
Well I'm back on it! Just bought some apple and pear and one I haven't tried yet peach and cherry blossom. I can't wait to try it I hope it tastes as got as it sounds

think pear n apple is my new fav....ive got the peach n cherry blossom aswell....tastes very almondy and im not to sure about it myself

kimmie2709 said:
think pear n apple is my new fav....ive got the peach n cherry blossom aswell....tastes very almondy and im not to sure about it myself

I will let you know what I think. Just waiting for my little one to fall asleep and then I'll make one

I am definalty going to start this tommorow, I bought lemon tea the twinnings one thinking thats the one i needed to be drinking but i realised that it was the wrong one and should of been the green tea. I will keep the lemon though for when we are hit with flu and colds etc. Off to the shop tommorow for my green tea. Will report back. Am i right in thinking that you should drink one cup before each meal etc or just ask and when you want? Plus which do you recommend the green tea twinnings or decaf green tea by tetleys x

Crazyarmywife said:
I am definalty going to start this tommorow, I bought lemon tea the twinnings one thinking thats the one i needed to be drinking but i realised that it was the wrong one and should of been the green tea. I will keep the lemon though for when we are hit with flu and colds etc. Off to the shop tommorow for my green tea. Will report back. Am i right in thinking that you should drink one cup before each meal etc or just ask and when you want? Plus which do you recommend the green tea twinnings or decaf green tea by tetleys x

I just drink it whenever I fancy it and I prefer the twinnings flavour ones

Was annoyed with myself today, got into the office then realised I'd forgotten my tea - but then I rummaged through my bag and there were two green teabags in there that I'd forgotten about :D so I had one regular green tea, one with lemongrass and one with pomegranate when I got home. The pomegranate one is lovely.

Geobar said:
I've had my three at last! I like the cherry blossom & peach I agree it is quite almondy

I experimented with the sweetner amount and I actually quite Like the peach cherry 1 now. Think it might even replace my milky sweet normal tea I have Wen I crave cakes lol it tastes like bakewell tart lol

kimmie2709 said:
I experimented with the sweetner amount and I actually quite Like the peach cherry 1 now. Think it might even replace my milky sweet normal tea I have Wen I crave cakes lol it tastes like bakewell tart lol

It does taste like bake well tarts. . I love the smell of it more. I don't add sweetner but I think it will help with any cake cravings

Do you get all of these interesting flavours from a big supermaraket or do you have to go to somewhere like Holland and Barratt?

Back