The Hunt for Quark!

Its Tessa

I have exhausted all avenues in Aberdeen - where has it gone? Is anyone else having problems getting hold of it?

Tessa

Have you asked the store managers? That way you'll know if it's run out because of the Daily Mail effect, or if it's something that Aberdeen has never heard of.

You can substitute Zero Fat Yogurt or Zero Fat Fromage frais in the mean time.

I didn't think the Isle of Lewis had it but found it yesterday tucked innocuously next to the cottage cheese in the Co-Op. And the manager of a tiny shop near me has said she'll order it in for me if I will definitely give her a regular order for it. Hope this helps.

Asda has plenty of it Tessa, I get it either at Portlethen or Bridge of Dee.

Thanks Mirjam,
I do shop in the Asda Bridge Of Dee - so it was probably out of stock as you had been buying it all up!! Have got emergency supplies being brought in from Shetland tomorrow night. Oh the lengths you end up going to!

Tessa

Have got emergency supplies being brought in from Shetland tomorrow night. Oh the lengths you end up going to!

I love the image of Shetland airlifting emergency supplies of cheese to the mainland

I thouight they were sold out as well Tessa, but after a long and intense search of the cheese isle, I found them! They had shifted to the back of the display area, propably by someone else who's doing Dukan and doesn't want others to have some :D
I always buy 3 or 4 tubs at the same time just not to run out myself

I thouight they were sold out as well Tessa, but after a long and intense search of the cheese isle, I found them! They had shifted to the back of the display area, propably by someone else who's doing Dukan and doesn't want others to have some :D
I always buy 3 or 4 tubs at the same time just not to run out myself

Ha ha WE ALL DO!! And it's also always hiding in different places: with the ricotta, with the speciality cheese, with the cottage cheese, with the yoghurt!

That;s so true Anja, in every shop it's on a different shelf.... so far I haven't been able to find it at Sainsbury's though :(

That;s so true Anja, in every shop it's on a different shelf.... so far I haven't been able to find it at Sainsbury's though :(

My Sainsbury has it tucked away right next to the cottage cheese, quite low down and the packaging (BGTY) makes it look like just another tub of Cottage cheese! Anyway I don't like the taste of the Sainsbury one ;) so I stock up when passing Asda or Tesco or local Budgens (10% dearer than ASDA :() and that's when I buy 3 in one go :D

Good to know Anja that the Sainsbury's isn't nice, that means I won't buy it :)
I wonder if Lidl sells quark?

Mirjam, the Quark it's a question of personal preference - I have a colleague at work that loves the Sainsbury one! As for Lidl: the one in StNeots doesn't but it does have 0.4% Cottage cheese - yum I just scoffed some (shopping trip this am, it's not exactly local to me!). However the Lidl in Spain (I know, pointless info!) *did* have Quark so I think availability varies from store to store (and definitely country to country) and it's worth having a good look!

In sainsburys I use in my city its with the speciality cheeses, in my parents town its by the cottage cheese, strange how its different places in different shops.

Can anyone tell me where asda hides the cottage cheese? went up and down the cheese and yogurt aisles twice before giving up.......

Glad the Quark hunt isnt going unrewarded, good job it dosent have too short a sell by.

I found the quark at Asda here in Aberdeen next to the Italian cream cheese, not ricotta but darn, can't come up with the name right now :(

Yay!! I am now the proud owner of 4 tubs of Asda Bridge of Dee Quark! There was H-E-A-P-S of it. And there will be even more, when whats -his - name (my husband) brings home the batch from Shetland. BTW Atropos, it will be coming down accompanied with a couple of sea trout. Whats more I picked up a jar of cooked aubergine, which is going to be wonderful on my PV days (must post the recipe for the meatballs). Thank you Mirjam!

Night night all - no weigh in tomorrow as today was a PV, nd I know it will be up. I am only going to weigh myself after a PP day.

Tessa

Back