The 'I survived...' thread

I'm currently surviving toast! Hubby is sat opposite me eating thick white toast smothered in real butter. I've had my full calorie allowance today, including plenty of treats, but it's still fairly torturous ;-)

Oh god, toast is total torture! Especially with proper butter. I often find myself in situations like this as my OH gets more calories a day than me and often eats them back in the evening.. grr!! Well done you :)

Today I survived a birthday meal at the pub I had a chicken and bacon salad minus dressing and garlic crutons.I also didn't have birthday cake!

managed to get through 3 days away, and only gain 3lbs, so really pleased:D

Well done everyone. Surviving these things makes you feel so good. :)

Yeah, and if you cave in you feel awful! But somehow that's always very easy to forget when that cake is staring you in the face!

My OH really wants to go to IKEA (to eat meatballs). We usually have a plate of 20 balls, with chips and sauce, and then cake and coffee. I just looked it up on their website, and just the main meal comes in at nearly 1100 cals! :eek:

I don't think I can get away with not having any - my OH will be really cross and not very supportive :)() if I don't have any of the unhealthy food, while he shovels away.

So I have armed myself with knowledge: 5 meatballs with mash and sauce are 401 calories, which is well within my allowance for an early dinner. Good compromise methinks! I'll just have to resist picking the chips off his plate...

Wish me luck!

PS: Sorry if slightly off topic, seeing as I haven't actually survived this yet!!!

Loads of luck to you Snakes and Ladders - preparation is key!! If you can survive the meatballs, you can survive anything ;)

badgergirl - wow, that is total dedication to the cause. I love chicken stir fry though! :)

Snakes and ladders said:
I haven't been particularly good at surviving stuff this week - so I'm back on the bandwagon with a vengeance. Let's do it guys!

x

Band wagon made me think of wagon wheels Not so great for avoiding temptation

Band wagon made me think of wagon wheels Not so great for avoiding temptation

Haha! That made me snort my drink.

I SURVIVED IKEA I SURVIVED IKEA I SURVIVED IKEA I SURVIVED IKEA I SURVIVED IKEA I SURVIVED IKEA I SURVIVED IKEA I SURVIVED IKEA I SURVIVED IKEA I SURVIVED IKEA I SURVIVED IKEA I SURVIVED IKEA I SURVIVED IKEA!

I had the children's portion - 400 cals at about 4pm. Stayed well below my calories for the day.

I feel so proud of myself!

And as Morrigan said:

If you can survive the meatballs, you can survive anything.

Keep on survivin', guys and gals! x

Massive well done. The dime bars jumped in my hand and made me eat them when I went to Ikea, so I take my hat off to you. :)

Tonight I'm off out for a meal with my mister. I NEED to survive this, I am so close to my first goal now! After taking into account lunch I will have 850 calories remaining, although part of that will be for a glass of wine so I SHOULD be able to eat within my target today and still have a decent choice of meal tonight.

I look forward to a time when events like this don't bring me out in a cold sweat!

Back