The 'I survived...' thread

Good luck u can do it :)
I have family here all weekend,they want to go for a meal Tomoz and we are going to the zoo Sunday.
I'm going to take a picnic Sunday and try and persuade them I'll cook a meal Saturday.

Thanks hon :)

Good plan for the weekend - it's sometimes so much easier if you can take control of food planning. 9 times out of 10 other people don't realise they are eating a more healthy meal and you can relax knowing your making better choices.

I survived!!

Had a fish salad for my main course and then a few profiteroles for dessert - ended about 100 calories over which I worked off on the wii when I got home. Feel brilliant as I really did enjoy myself and ate food that wasn't necessarily 'diet food' and yet stayed within my amount for the day.

Tonight's goal is a night out with my family - pool, bowling etc. I will NOT be tempted by beer and nachos!

Well done badgergirl! And well done everyone else on this thread!!Oh dear, its lovely and sunny here ladies, where going to a big park where my son and hubby will be eating lots of chips burgers ice cream etc, wish me luck!! Will let u know if i resist, im sure i will!!! xx

Well done everyone! I survived a pub lunch too: even though I was really hungry, I stuck to a smoked salmon sandwich! I also survived dinner at my favourite Lebanese restaurant. I had a smallish plateful of mezze, but only a little bread and no rice. I also walked there and back (an hour in total), so I feel ok about that!

Best of luck today folks - the weekends are always the hardest but just imagine how great you will feel when you SURVIVE!

I did great yesterday - no alcohol or junk food despite the fact I was practically begging the mister to pick up cheesy chips after our night out. He's on the MFP plan too and convinced me to go home and eat cereal. Oh how times have changed!!

I survived Starbucks. OH had a huge piece of carrot cake an was trying to convince me to have a skinny muffin. Glad I stayed strong, just checked and they are more than 300 calories! Eek!! Just treated myself to vanilla syrup in my latte which only added about 10 cals as it's sugar free.

Well i managed to avoid the chips, burgers and ice creams my hubby and son ate, i had a small box of grapes lol go me :D xx

stef2009 said:
Well i managed to avoid the chips, burgers and ice creams my hubby and son ate, i had a small box of grapes lol go me :D xx

That's dedication!! Well done. Chips are my weakness. If they are there it is impossible to say no!!

Thanks hun, i popped into asda before we went and picked the grapes up so i was prepared, if i wasnt going on holiday in 4 weeks im not so sure if i'd be so good lol xx

stef2009 said:
Thanks hun, i popped into asda before we went and picked the grapes up so i was prepared, if i wasnt going on holiday in 4 weeks im not so sure if i'd be so good lol xx

I'm with you there. I go a week on Thursday so desperate to lose the last few lbs. I'm 3 away from going down to the next stone bracket which feels like a huge milestone and will give me a great confidence boost before I go away if I can manage it.

oooh lovely, where u off 2? I know it feels amazing to get down into the next stone, ive got about 4 more lb to go :D xx

I'm going to America so the chances of me keeping it off after 2 weeks in Florida is slim but I'm hoping a lot of walking will help.
Very excited. Not been on holiday since my honeymoon 3 years ago

oooh florida u lucky sod lol yeah it does sort of go out the window on hol but hey its ur holiday! aslong as u pick up where u left off wen u get back alls good :) Hope u have a lovely time, this is my first holiday in 7 years!! and my sons first, so mucho excited lol xx

I survived Starbucks. OH had a huge piece of carrot cake an was trying to convince me to have a skinny muffin. Glad I stayed strong, just checked and they are more than 300 calories! Eek!! Just treated myself to vanilla syrup in my latte which only added about 10 cals as it's sugar free.

Coffee shops are a big downfall for me - I find the cakes near impossible to ignore. Well done, surviving that takes a will of steel!

Back