The Importance Of Measurements

emski

Gold Member
Found this old post of mine and thought I would add it here to keep me motivated

"Weighed in today and STS but came home and did measurements and have lost another 1/2 inch on my waist so am going to consider that as my loss this week. Upped my activity this week, lots of walking and Air Gliding so perhaps toning up the muscles. Really glad about doing the measurements as well because I could be inclined to be a little miffed about staying the same weight. Although that has left me with a 7lb target this week (gulp) I am going to spend this afternoon planning for shopping on payday (tuesday) and rethinking a few things as I think my body is getting used to things. Also dont think there has been enough veg in my diet.

Starting measurements April 2008
Bust 45"
Waist 40"
Hips 43"

Measurements one week ago
June 2008
Bust 41" a loss of 4 inches
Waist 37" a loss of 3 inches
Hips 41" a loss of 2 inches

Measurements this week
June 2008
Bust 41"
Waist 36.5" a loss of 1/2 inch
Hips 41

So today I have measured

Thighs 22"
Waist 36"
Hips 41"
Arms 12"
Bust- i will measure with a bra on.. Im in my pjs

I am looking forward to changing these numbers

Thats so funny you said that, as i wrote down all my starting measurments today! I think its really important too, because i'm starting to do more excerise - hopefully in time muscle will build up but i will be losing inches.
very true, so thanks!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When I do my martial arts gradings I ALWAYS put on weight in that week. I also tend to lose some inchage though so it just proves that it's not just about what the scales say

I really really wish I had written my start measurements down. I think I was so scared when I started SW that I didn't want to see the numbers. Would have been nice to be able to compare now and when I reached a plateau. I would advise anyone starting to measure themselves too.

I had a STS last week, but was also my star week. However, I have been organising some stuff in my room (there's been lots of moving stuff around, decorating, etc) and for the first time in probably two years I put my big mirror back up in my room. This morning I sat up in bed and was greeted by the sight of myself (obviously with no clothes on) for the first time ages. But rather than look away, I really observed what I was looking at and was really quite pleased to notice that I am definitely changing shape and that my proportions are more defined and my waist is cutting in again, and my belly isn't hanging down anymore, etc. I still have a way to go, but looking in the mirror this morning I could definitely see that my efforts so far have made a big difference and it was a real boost. :)

After a pound loss this week the tape measure came out again.. as you can see there was a loss of inches!

Starting measurements April 2008
Bust 45"
Waist 40"
Hips 43"

June 2008
Bust 41" a loss of 4 inches

June 2008
Bust 41"
Hips 41

January 2009

Thighs 22"
Waist 36"
Hips 41"
Arms 12"

January 2009 (today)

Thighs 22"
Waist 34.5" loss of 1 & 1/2 inches
Hips 41"
Arms 12"

Up 3lbs in weight but lost another inch off my hips!!!

Starting Measurements April 2008

Chest 45"
Waist 40"
Hips 43"
Thighs 24"
Arms 13"

Measurements 13th June 2008

Chest 41" a loss of 4 inches

Measurements 20th June

Bust 41"
Hips 41"

Measurements 28th July

Bust 41"
Waist 36" Loss of 1/2inch
Hips 41"
Thighs 22" Loss of 2inches
Arms 12.5 Loss of 1/2 inch

January 2009

Thighs 22"
Waist 36"
Hips 41"
Arms 12"

January 2009

Thighs 22"
Waist 34.5" loss of 1 & 1/2 inches
Hips 41"
Arms 12"

14th Feb 2009

Thighs 22"
Waist 34.5
Hips 40" Loss of 1 inch on hips
Arms 12"

i've been wearing the wrong size bra's for yonks!
i totally forgot to measure. i was sooo excited when i could fit into a £12 M&S bra the other day
x

I love measurements. I got impatient waiting for the weekly WI so do measurements on a different day and now have two days of the week that give me a confidence boost. Actually, I got three pieces of string the length of my bust, waist and hips, and stuck them on the wall. When I measure myself I mark the string at the new measurement and it's great to see the progress.

I've even marked goals on the pieces of string (ie size 16, size 14 etc) so I can see how close I'm getting to achieving something tangible.

I do the string thing too Humph. I put a mark on the string and then once a month I do a new mark. It's really motivating!!

Back