The Jillian Michaels show podcasts

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
Hey guys :)

Just thought I would let you all know about the Jillian Michaels show podcasts as I know a couple of you on here have an iPhone/pad/pod (if you don't I'd highly recommend trying to find them online somewhere) they're brilliant!

Shes the trainer from the biggest loser USA and so far I've listened to 3 and shes spoke about nutrition, exercise, life in general and explained the bmr calculator. I'm about to go onto the 4th and eager to find out what she has to say next.

I honestly can't recommend them enough and they are free to download!

Thought you might be interested in them :)

Last edited:
Thanx, I'm just downloading now :) x

Eeeeeek! Just her name makes me shudder!! :giggle: Only joking but her name = exercise so you know what I mean ;)

Now I understand what you said in your thread about the podcast leading you to change to cc.

I don't have any of the mentioned technology so if there are any tips you think I might find useful please share :) xx

Will have a look to see if I can just have a listen on my laptop but I'm really short on memory space xx

I've had a look for mp3's Jan but I don't think theyre the same ones i've downloaded. Will keep an eye though see if I can find anything. Theyre not all exercise based, the last one I listened to she had a doctor on there and they discussed things like diabetes, pcos, thyroids etc was really interesting :) x

I've just downloaded it now - gonna have a listen tonight :)

Just found a Jillian Michael slim down app - it's got tips and workouts on it :) and it's free x

Oooh i'm on the case - thanks chick :)

Have you listened to any of the podcasts?x

I downloaded one where she was talking about training with no shoes on? But haven't listened to it all... What one do u recommend to listen 2 x

I'm on the 4th at the min that's about diabetes pcos thyroid, I have underactive thyroid so will be good to hear what they say.

Don't think the others before it had a specific topic, think the third one had the bmr calculator info telling u how many cals to lose weight n stuff, they all seem to have snippets of useful info in them so far. x

Yup I've listened to the first 4 so far. Not up to the one where theres training with no shoes?! random! lol x

I've listened 2 all 6 now - really enjoyed them... I'm trying to work out my BMR to lose 2lb a week... But getting a bit confused lol...
After refeed I'm defo sticking to calorie counting and sticking ti the gym - I got a bit lazy last time I came off TRF when really that's when I should be upping the exercise etc

All 6, there's 13 of them so wonder if you've got a different one is it 'the jillian michaels show'? If not which is it cos I will get them too! :)

To lose 2lbs a week is 1000 cals a day less x

Should say 1000 less than u need.

If ive got this right it would mean that if I wanted to lose 2lb a week my bmr is 1503 x 1.2 as not very active = 1803cals a day to live so I would need to have only 803 cals a day to lose 2lbs.

Hope that makes some sort of sense x

Mine works out 650cal - that seems very low?
Not sure how many cals I should aim for after refeed...

But ya shouldn't really go under 1,200 cals a day girls.

Sarah, what are you x'ing your bmr by as don't forget you go to the gym xx

Posted this in my diary but thought i'd post it here too: Listened to another jm show podcast titled "Jillian and Bob on the radio" (Bob as in Bob Harper the other BL USA trainer).

Aaaaaaaannnnnndddd get this!!! The very last 10mins or so of it the 2nd caller phoned and asked "i've lost a lot of weight and kept it off for 2 years but i'm wondering will the fear of putting it all back on ever go away? all i do is constantly think i cant have that but i can have that"

Bob & Jillian both laughed and said "join the club!" ... there was a whole big conversation about it but the jist of it all was that even them, as personal trainers still watch what they eat, still fear putting on weight. Bob did say over time the fear will subside but it will probably always be there.

Have to say - as horrible as it is that we all think this way I did breathe a sigh of relief thinking the personal trainers from BL USA think the same way we do! I suppose its a little comfort.

Oooh I'll have a listen :)

Did u know that Jillian was overweight as a teenager?

I didn't untill I started listening to the podcasts!
I'm also thinking of getting her book "making the cut" as its all about losing the last 10-20lbs and how its complelty different to losing the first 100lbs or something. Have you heard her talk about that yet?

She really does rabble on sometimes though doesnt she - you can tell shes passionate :giggle:

I've heard her talk about the vanity pounds - the last 10-20lb.. Ooh I'll have a look at that book - I think she's fab!

Downloaded them all but haven't had a chance to listen yet. Which ones are they because there were a few different types on itunes.

Back